Robert Nkemdiche: Ole Miss offers best friend of nation’s No

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Ole Miss scored a lot of points with the nation’s No. 1 overall college prospect by offering a football scholarship his best friend on Wednesday.

Robert Nkemdiche was already high on Ole Miss because his older brother plays football there and he enjoyed a recent unofficial visit with the Rebels.

Ole Miss took it to another level with Nkemdiche on Wednesday when they offered a football scholarship to his best friend since the sixth grade, David Kamara, who plays cornerback at Grayson High School.

“Yes, I like it a lot, and Ole Miss has a great chance of getting both of us to sign there,” Nkemdiche told the AJC on Wednesday. “My brother is at Ole Miss, and now David can go with me … that’s a big, big, big, big, big plus for Ole Miss. I’m really happy about all of this.”

Ole Miss is making all the right moves to put itself in prime position to pull off the "recruiting upset of the century" with Robert Nkemdiche (AJC)

Nkemdiche said his top five remains the same: “In no particular order, Alabama, Ole Miss, Georgia, Clemson and LSU.”

There’s also some big news involving Nkemdiche and Clemson: He visited Clemson last weekend as a guest of Kamara, who was already being evaluated by the Tigers. Nkemdiche said they are planning to return to Clemson this weekend to see if Kamara will be a offered a football scholarship there, too.

“We’re going to Clemson, so we’ll see what they say,” Nkemdiche said. “Clemson might offer him, and I hope they do because he’s a really good football player. We want to go back to Clemson to see what they say.”

Nkemdiche and Kamara will go next to LSU on March 17 and Vanderbilt on March 24. They also plan to visit a spring practice at UGA and Alabama in April.

Kamara was already getting plenty of D1 looks before the college scouts realized his close connection to Nkemdiche. Kamara has had some feelers from several other SEC schools, including UGA, Maryland, Vanderbilt and Alabama.

“The Ole Miss coaches told me they liked me and said ‘We want you and Robert; You both can come here to play football at Ole Miss,’” Kamara said.

The 5-foot-11, 185-pound Kamara is just fine with being a “package deal” with Nkemdiche. [Note: You can watch Kamara's video for yourself by clicking here]

“Robert said he wants us to play together, and I like that because he’s the best,” Kamara said. “Just like in high school, any team he plays on is going to be good. I want to play on a good football team. It would be a dream to play in college with Robert. And wherever I go to college, I’m going to do whatever it takes to get on the football field.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/03 ... -prospect/
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food