Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2012/3/2 ... #storyjump

Includes some insight into how some of the new coaches coach

My favs:
QB - Best as this drill was Bo Wallace, who can throw a friggin' rocket (so hard they will go in the net and come back out)
RB - In the running game, we have Jeff Scott (who is made for this offense),..... Nick Parker and Devin Thomas both look good. Nick looks like Paul Jackson has gotten him in phenomenal shape. His burst through the offensive line is great. Will be a really good power back for the 40-50 running plays we may see per game this year.

Coaches- The coaches brought in have earned there respect quickly. Dan Werner....the quarterbacks we have now (outside of Stoudt) have all made good improvements......Derrick Nix looked revitalized under this new regime. Spent a good amount of time working on running backs picking up the blitz today, something I never saw for more than 5 minutes under the Giggitus. :lol:

THEN, there's The Crimedog, Wesley McGriff He's loud, he's intense, he's in your face and barks at his guys the whole time. On passing skeletons and 7-on-7's, the defensive backs coaches were all screaming at the secondary to rip the ball out for the whole 30 minutes or so. McGriff is the first one to congratulate players after a good play, but won't take any lip of explanation. Today, Denzel played good coverage on Collins Moore (I think) coming out of the slot, but Collins was still able to make the catch. When Coach McGriff called him on it, Denzel tried to explain himself, to which he was met with "Don't talk. Its yes sir or no sir."

Secondly, there is a respect for the coaching staff that I don't recall seeing as much of in the past. Thirdly, and the most important, the effort on both sides of the ball is night and day different from last year.

full read click ^ there's a lot more details and he's doing another for 2day's session