HottyToddy'06
deadset
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

No
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Looks like the majority says 'keep him'. Although, if you used this as a VERY small sample of the fan base, I'd say significant number of folks want him canned. And that's OK. I don't agree with it.

Texas didn't make it this year. Augie missed the tourney. I know Bianco is no Augie, but this, to me, says everyone has bad years. They went from Omaha last year, to no post-season this year. Down years happen.

I don't get how we've been on this 4 year slide. We went Supers, Regionals, nothing, and back to Regionals this year. So by you guys' logic, we're trending back up. You can't go to Supers or Omaha every year. We have a great program, but in my opinion we're no Texas. And even they *beep* up every now and again.

I don't want to let Bianco run the program into the ground(I know someone's gonna say it). I just don't think he is doing any such thing. He continues to get us to the post season and recruit at a very high level. How in the world is that running the program down?

He's a victim of his own success, and ,yes, I'm frustrated we haven't gotten to Omaha. But I think firing him now would be a mistake(or next year).
Some Random Dude
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Just so you understand: those who think Bianco is consistently underachieving and has hit a wall, do see a four-year slide in the fact that we have not hosted in our own mega-park since 2008. A waste of money and fan base. If this failure to host had happened in his middle years of coaching and then we'd gone back to hosting, I don't think anyone would have a quarrel with his coaching or his ability to take a program to the Omaha Level. But it's come at the end of his tenure. We should not settle for being sent to somebody else's regional or missing out on post-season play.

Those of us who want a change do not think that Bianco can do any better than he's been doing the last four years. We would all be delighted if he even pulled a first in his coaching career like winning a regional on the road. So, we'll see what happens at the A & M Regional.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:Just so you understand: those who think Bianco is consistently underachieving and has hit a wall, do see a four-year slide in the fact that we have not hosted in our own mega-park since 2008. A waste of money and fan base. If this failure to host had happened in his middle years of coaching and then we'd gone back to hosting, I don't think anyone would have a quarrel with his coaching or his ability to take a program to the Omaha Level. But it's come at the end of his tenure. We should not settle for being sent to somebody else's regional or missing out on post-season play.

Those of us who want a change do not think that Bianco can do any better than he's been doing the last four years. We would all be delighted if he even pulled a first in his coaching career like winning a regional on the road. So, we'll see what happens at the A & M Regional.
I get that. In my mind, postseason is postseason. Get there any way you can. If you're in, you've got a chance.
Some Random Dude
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

Let's equate baseball to basketball. To me a regional is like making the big dance. A SR is like making the sweet 16. Hosting a SR is like the elite 8, and Omaha is like the final four. I think Bianco has done a hell of a job. We would be hopping up and down for that sucess in basketball. All teams in all sports go through cycles and we are in a down cycle. Period. We will be ok in baseball again and I hope Bianco is still there to prove me right.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

cacreb2000 wrote:Let's equate baseball to basketball. To me a regional is like making the big dance. A SR is like making the sweet 16. Hosting a SR is like the elite 8, and Omaha is like the final four. I think Bianco has done a hell of a job. We would be hopping up and down for that sucess in basketball. All teams in all sports go through cycles and we are in a down cycle. Period. We will be ok in baseball again and I hope Bianco is still there to prove me right.

So the SEC is as strong in basketball as baseball?? When is the last team we sent 8 teams into the dance in bball? Why do y'all compare baseball to basketball???? Compare our baseball program to other SEC baseball programs of the same caliber not a totally different sport. The comparison you made is inaccurate because Omaha is actually the elite 8 because there are 8 teams left at that point. A normal down cycle in college sports should be a year or two at the most, if the right coach is in place, not four... Holler at me when Saban does not go to a new years day bowl four years in a row.
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

You disagree and I have no problem with that. Like has been stated many times this is a board of opinions. You have yours and I have mine. We are in postseason. As long as we are there, regardless of where we play or our seed we still have to beat everyone in it to advance. We control our own destiny at this point. I personally don't see us getting out of this regional but then again I didn't think we were going to be very good this year anyway.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

ThunderReb wrote:Absolutely NOT!
Anyone that says yes....I would really have to question their true baseball knowledge. And I'm not meaning, "I played for twenty three years....."or "I've coached my son's league team for a long time....." Either way save the rants "yes-men"....not going to debate.
Bianco stays.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Just a reminder.......

I love you all.
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

Thanks Thunder, I needed that! 8)
scott
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

mascott wrote:Thanks Thunder, I needed that! 8)
scott
Anytime brother......NOW, what was this thread about? lol
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb wrote:
scott
Something about pink, maybe a little white(very little)?
Some Random Dude
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
ThunderReb wrote:
scott
Something about pink, maybe a little white(very little)?
Wasn't there something about a beach or sand or something?
Randy
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I didn't see any sand. Maybe I missed it.
Some Random Dude