3rd String
3rd String

Oh yeah
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

After seeing how unlucky we are and how the sports gods obviously feel that we deserve to be castrated, drug through burning hot coals, our fingernails plucked with hot pliers, and our ears made into fashionable necklaces, I'm a little worried that we may not win a game this season. We are obviously stricken. Oh well, Hotty freaking toddy.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:After seeing how unlucky we are and how the sports gods obviously feel that we deserve to be castrated, drug through burning hot coals, our fingernails plucked with hot pliers, and our ears made into fashionable necklaces, I'm a little worried that we may not win a game this season. We are obviously stricken. Oh well, Hotty freaking toddy.
Call that Voodoo Doctor 8)
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I don't believe in luck. Things go wrong sometimes, things go right sometimes. The trick is to work through whatever comes. If we can't work through the occasional ding, we aren't going to ever win consistently.
Deadman
Scout Team
Scout Team

JustBlues wrote:I don't believe in luck. Things go wrong sometimes, things go right sometimes. The trick is to work through whatever comes. If we can't work through the occasional ding, we aren't going to ever win consistently.

If we have a completely healthy team this year it would take a lot of things going right of us to have a good season.

Deadman
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Deadman wrote:
JustBlues wrote:I don't believe in luck. Things go wrong sometimes, things go right sometimes. The trick is to work through whatever comes. If we can't work through the occasional ding, we aren't going to ever win consistently.

If we have a completely healthy team this year it would take a lot of things going right of us to have a good season.
a lot depends on what you mean by "a good season", but it always takes a lot of things going right to have a good season. Some of those things are controlable and some are not.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I don't think it is possible for a hungry motivated coach and his staff to put together a worse result than Houston 'Collect My Paycheck' Nutt did the last two years. In fact, a motivated coach with a good conscience would have won five or six games last year. 0-12? Not going to happen. Not even close.
Deadman
Scout Team
Scout Team

JustBlues wrote:
Deadman wrote:

a lot depends on what you mean by "a good season", but it always takes a lot of things going right to have a good season. Some of those things are controlable and some are not.
With our schedule this year anything over 4 wins would be a good start.

Deadman
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Even though I know we expect to have a losing season this year considering how we have no depth, its still going to be hard watching our rebs lose games. I know there must be growing pains...
kjreb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

i want us to winlike everyone else but im interested to see our rebels on the field so that we will know where we truly stand. remember that freeze's system could actually work given enough time to get the guys he wants and recruits on the field. this year we're just workin with what houston "we have a problem" nutt left us. little depth and little experience. but win or lose ill support our rebels. who knows we might actually have a few things go right this year with a coach that has some d#mn sense
heard state's changing field to turf next year. cheerleaders kept eating the grass
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

kjreb wrote:i want us to winlike everyone else but im interested to see our rebels on the field so that we will know where we truly stand. remember that freeze's system could actually work given enough time to get the guys he wants and recruits on the field. this year we're just workin with what houston "we have a problem" nutt left us. little depth and little experience. but win or lose ill support our rebels. who knows we might actually have a few things go right this year with a coach that has some d#mn sense
Good post. We need an energetic, promising young coach who wants to win, then stay here and make this his home. We really haven't had that combination since Vaught, although Brewer did a great job considering our facilities at the time and his loyalty to his school.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Not interested in excuses or blaming nutt. $2 MILLION for a Sunbelt coach. I expect results and a minimum of five wins because we got two and four in the last two years with absolutely no coaching. And for the record the two coaches who have had the most successful years since vaught are two of the most reviled cut and nutt.

We will be able to tell pretty quickly if this Guy is the great coach everyone says he is. I hope to God he is and actually believe he may be. I am not going to poor mouth and lower expectations. There are coaches who can win five with our talent. Lets hope our Guy is one of them.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I say the bad hires we've made come to an end with Freeze. Cut and Nutt certainly benefited from having Deuce, Eli and McCluster to work with, but both still underachieved every year they were here. I agree that it's time to man up and expect a consistent winner. Even Vandy fans have stopped poormouthing their program.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:Even though I know we expect to have a losing season this year considering how we have no depth, its still going to be hard watching our rebs lose games. I know there must be growing pains...
horrible attitude..just hope our players are made of tougher stuff
expect to lose and you will is a cliche because its true
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I always expect to win the next game, regardless of the opponent. With that said, I will be mildly disappointed with five wins, but any less will be considered at the very best a lateral step rather than a step forward. I will never use making a bowl as a measure of success. Although there is a decent chance that I will go if Ole Miss makes it to a bowl, I do not believe that a 6-6 team should go to a bowl. I think that there are way too many bowls. There probably should be half as many bowls as there are. Eight wins should be a minimum requirement for bowls. There are way too many teams in Div I (or as the NCAA calls it, FBS) and there are too many teams in the SEC. Those are my opinions on the matter. The dilution of the pool by way too many teams is the reason that it is sometimes nearly impossible to determine a champion and that doesn't look likely to change soon as the trend looks to be toward more teams rather than fewer.