good morning oxford

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

As I wake up in my daughter's place here in Oxford here are my thoughts.

1. Glad I made the 12 hour drive to see this first hand.
2. We have a quarterback. That debate, experiment, charade, or whatever is over, put to bed, finished. Just give him a bodyguard or something to make sure he keeps his nose clean.
3. Like the offense..think it might work against sec teams if Bo is leading it. Blocking has to get better and those lateral plays probably wont work against athletic sec defenses but overall liked what I saw. LOVE the hurry up!!
4. Defense was as bad as any I have ever seen at ole miss in the first half . Good half time adjustments. Need to get better quick.
5. Fans came through. White out worked reasonably well. LOVED USA chant from Student Section. Grove ROCKED!
6. Running backs looked pretty good
7. Overall good debut for Freeze and staff. It was just Central Arkansas but it could have gotten out of hand. He seemed to realize that putting brunetti in in first half messed up momentum and he got Bo back in. Took a couple of possessions but we got it back. Forget the mackey at qb cute plays for now . Let Bo and his boys run the offense and continue to gel..throw the wrinkles in later in SEC play.
8. Enjoyed it!
Last edited by Rebchuck18 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
CMB
2nd String
2nd String

well said. I truly believe that this was exactly the type of game our players needed to build confidence. I realize it was just Central Arkansas but...we made mistakes that we can correct. Halftime adjustments were needed and done for the most part. We fell behind and had to work our way back. We did not left off the gas and allow UCA back in the game. Confidence builder if nothing else...especially knowing that they can actually be way better than what they showed last night!

The defense needs to improve before SEC play...hopefully many many wrinkles can be ironed out in the 4 games leading the season.

Some of the biggest improvements and corrections are between game 1 and 2 so here we go....
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I think the biggest news last night was that the staff actually made successful adjustments at half-time. Dominated the game in the second half. I was expecting something good to happen across the board, and it did. It's great to watch a football team in action, not a bunch of clueless players. Good job, CHF and Staff! Now, on to Game Two.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

When Freeze went for it on 4th down at our 29 or so...early in the game...I thought I was gonna have to leave and find a drink.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelliousb wrote:When Freeze went for it on 4th down at our 29 or so...early in the game...I thought I was gonna have to leave and find a drink.
Luckily I thought we had already gotten the 1st down on 3rd down so I was spared the anxiety
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelliousb wrote:When Freeze went for it on 4th down at our 29 or so...early in the game...I thought I was gonna have to leave and find a drink.
had a Coach O flashback myself
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

I enjoyed the hurry up offense.....think I heard after the game that we ran somewhere around 75 plays....a few shy of the goal I heard that Freeze had in mind...But much better than previous!!!

just read the play chart....we have >90 plays.
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:As I wake up in my daughter's place here in Oxford here are my thoughts.

1. Glad I made the 12 hour drive to see this first hand.
2. We have a quarterback. That debate, experiment, charade, or whatever is over, put to bed, finished. Just give him a bodyguard or something to make sure he keeps his nose clean.
3. Like the offense..think it might work against sec teams if Bo is leading it. Blocking has to get better and those lateral plays probably wont work against athletic sec defenses but overall liked what I saw. LOVE the hurry up!!
4. Defense was as bad as any I have ever seen at ole miss in the first half . Good half time adjustments. Need to get better quick.
5. Fans came through. White out worked reasonably well. LOVED USA chant from Student Section. Grove ROCKED!
6. Running backs looked pretty good
7. Overall good debut for Freeze and staff. It was just Central Arkansas but it could have gotten out of hand. He seemed to realize that putting brunetti in in first half messed up momentum and he got Bo back in. Took a couple of possessions but we got it back. Forget the mackey at qb cute plays for now . Let Bo and his boys run the offense and continue to gel..throw the wrinkles in later in SEC play.
8. Enjoyed it!
Strangely enough, I agree with everything u said, [funny how winning cures all lol]. I'm still in shock over the halftime adjustments, thought Ole Miss wasn't allowed halftime adjustments. Bo is difinitey our QB. Utep will be a better gauge on where we stand, [don't look forward to the bama game, uh]. Rebchuck18, a few more post like this and we may have to take u out of the 'negative nellie' status, oh wait, there's still basketball. If we can get u to say 'hail AK' 10 times a day, maybe u will make it. HOTTY TODDY Rebchuck18.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

I felt like I did during the egg bowl at about half time yesterday. Disoriented, disappointed, and and overall just angry. If you haven't noticed I haven't been back here since the coaching hire just our o sheer,"I don't want to think about ole miss" attitude and it came all rushing back in the second quarter... Sure enough as always I stuck it through all pouty faced and began te second half. Midway through my fiancé, my niece, and I started a "Bo Bo Bo Bo" chant and were jokingly calling "Bo for heisman" and "Bo Jackson who?"... This is the fun good mood I've been looking for for te last 2 year and I hope that we can have a little more of it. Bo Bo Bo Bo!
aintskeered
Water Boy
Water Boy

Bo is the real deal! No doubt a future hesiman canidate. Sure, the bad media about the fight and the bar wasn't a great way to get started. But he is a good, hard working young man. With his status, the main thing he needs to watch, is who he is around, off the field. Give him a decent O Line, a couple good recivers and he will dominate the game. Not too mention, he's a power runner. You want see Bo slide, he 'll try to run over and through the D. Great game and look forward to next week.
GeorgiaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

HALFTIME ADJUSTMENTS!!!!! Glad to finially have a Coach that knows how to do that, Something that Nutt had never heard of or knew how to do.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bleuwolfe wrote:
had a Coach O flashback myself
Lol, as I sat in the heat, that is the first thing that came to mind!

The second was, RebelFaithful was exploding right about now!
Randy
metalinc
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Bo is dare I say Tebowish with much better accuracy....we will see what the future holds but at least there is a future it seems!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

metalinc wrote:Bo is dare I say Tebowish with much better accuracy....we will see what the future holds but at least there is a future it seems!
He can definitely run it. I don't know if I want him taking off like that against Bama or LSU. But, he's got more running skills than I thought.
Some Random Dude
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hey I like what I saw in Bob and he is our best, and possibly only, hope. But this was Central Arkansas.

I will take steady progression from Bo and this offense in the next couple of games to be as complete a unit as possible come SEC play.