The Day After

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

Long-winded "no excuses" remark in 3...2...1...
metalinc
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Good point guys. It's not the end of the world it's the beginning. God knows I am tired of saying that about our team but it is what it is. Our lack of size and speed on D was prevalent last night but our heart and motivation was shown. Are we gonna fix this year no but we can see where our focus needs to be and the exp these young guys are getting will pay off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
metalinc
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

bigtreydaddy wrote:Long-winded "no excuses" remark in 3...2...1...

RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

rickochet2 wrote:
bigtreydaddy wrote:Also the fact that we're playing with only 70ish scholarship athletes
72 according to broadcast last night.
I heard that last night. Why are we 13 under the allowed number of scholarships? Is this normal for other schools? Are we being punished for prior scholastic failures?
metalinc
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

RebnPhilly wrote:
rickochet2 wrote:
bigtreydaddy wrote:Also the fact that we're playing with only 70ish scholarship athletes
I heard that last night. Why are we 13 under the allowed number of scholarships? Is this normal for other schools? Are we being punished for prior scholastic failures?
well I think academics and not willing to get with the new program.

bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

RebnPhilly wrote:
rickochet2 wrote:
We're being punished for Nutt #attritionexcuse
metalinc
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

bigtreydaddy wrote:
RebnPhilly wrote:
rickochet2 wrote: 72 according to broadcast last night.
We're being punished for Nutt #attritionexcuse
the heavy hand of the righteous preacher!

batman50
3rd String
3rd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:
rebelliousb wrote:The only thing I would add ( for Chuck's benifit) is that Bo got us 21 and handed Tx 7 for a net 14 points. Bo is not a 6'4 savior. He is one of 11.

Take back the 7 point gift from Wallace and trade our FG for the two TDs we scored early and it's not quite the same blow out against a team that averages about 4.25 stars across their two deep.
No way to lay this on the offense. Bo and the offense got us 31. The offense is fine. They were outsized and out manned by a defense with two NFL ends and still put 31 on the board on an off night. It is the defense that was totally unprepared.

WOW. How delusional. The offense and Bo is not FINE. He threw 3 picks!!!
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

31 points against that defense is more than adequate. What's delusional is not being absolutely horrified by that defensive performance.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:31 points against that defense is more than adequate. What's delusional is not being absolutely horrified by that defensive performance.
Chuck, thought u were getting away from the negative nellie lable, but guess I was wrong. Your post are completely off the mark. When the talent level is that far apart, what do u expect? I was telling a friend before the game that it was going to be a long night. When I saw how big Texas was warming up, I knew we were in trouble. No coaching will help when u are that out-manned. If u want to bad mouth our staff, [and u do that very well], enjoy yourself. I think u like complaining more anyway. So, enjoy your season, cause we have several more games where we will probably get blown out. U said Nutt's teams didin't get beat like this. Nutt's teams still had O's boys on them. Now all we got are Nutt's. And i think we al saw last night how that is working. It's going to take a couple of years to get back to where we'll be able to compete. U need to mlearn to be a true fan, and not give up so easily. We all knew it was going to take some time, so let that happen, and try and be supported [know this is hard for u].
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
beachbumreb
2nd String
2nd String

deltarebel26 wrote:I think looking for someone that quit or someone didn't prepare during the week or someone is an awful coach is just a poor excuse for us fans not to be satisfied. We are not a very good team right now. Our players are playing out of their league. Why can't that be accepted by fans? It is what it is. Coaches believe in our players. Our players believe in themselves and the game plan that's been prepared for them. We got our doors blown off by a better team that wore us down by halftime. That's really all it is. Like it or not. Move on to someone closer to our current level. Tulane
This deserves another re-post. I was impressed with our fans, the effort that the players gave. It's gonna be a long dam season, that is why Campbell and Ritter are red shirted. And don't blame coaching staff for being honest, they are only following the example of Bryant, Lombardi, and even Saban.
Forward Rebels!
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote:31 points against that defense is more than adequate. What's delusional is not being absolutely horrified by that defensive performance.

I believe Coach Freeze's comment about the defense last nite was " we played terrible on defense!!"
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

COnsidering that nearly every talking head Ive heard review the SEC say we are dead last, I cant say I was expecting a win but i think we are at least going in the right direction. HN was a terrible hire and he dessimated the team just like he did when he left Arky.. I dont think even Saben could do that much with what we have this year.
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Amen, brother!! Give me that Texas team, and I could "outcoach" the Rebel staff.
rickochet2 wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote: Nutt is gone and his teams never gave up 66.
You are Correct sir.

THEY JUST GAVE UP!!!!!!!!!!

This team never did last night. To the final whistle this team played hard. Name 1 game in the past that Nutt's did?

Chuck I used to have a great deal of respect for you, as I believe you know. But to be honest, You have not been the least bit realistic about this team. Over the last yr your rants & tirades are full of so much p! ss & vinegar that I am not sure of how much more I, & some others, can tolerate. I used to enjoy your input, but lately there has been little to enjoy. Nothing but arm chair Sunday morning QBing, about how this "X" messed up or that "Y" blew it. Realize that this is a work in progress & last nights major step was never quitting!

OUR team last night were out of position many times. Most of the time however, they were there. They were quite simply out manned. They missed tackles, yes, on RB's that they were giving 25+ lbs to. They gave up deep balls & missed played balls, but only on 1 play did I not see a player in coverage, the short TD throw.

I believe we will get better. I, however, did not forget about the previous 2 games, b/c of the 1 step back last night. This will not be our biggest setback this yr. I am sure that we will see a game where our D & our O gets blown up, ALA.

But under no circumstances will I P! SS, MOAN, & B! TCH LIKE A KARDASHIAN.sp

While other boards have their, less than flattering, nicknames this board is now to be referred to as the
"Cheese & Cracker Board".

It is the only thing missing b/c there is already way too much WHINE!!!
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

I told yall I was worried about the defense. Let's think positive for a second though. When we were down 21 points, if the defense would've held, we scored 4 straight touchdowns. Granted, Texas scored again on each ensuing possession. Had we prevented that, we would've been up 7 in the 4th.

It comes down to the fact we have a young team and a new coach. Next year I expect closer. The trick to winning this year due to our weak ass defense is to get a good lead in each quarter, defer to half time as we have with every won coin toss so far, and keep the focus on offense. It won't work every week, but it will keep us competitive in conference play.

Nutt did not leave us much on defense. There are 3 or 4 players on that side of the ball worth mentioning and there are 11 on the field. There's only so much Freeze can do with this unit. Although I would like a better DC personally.
We Are Ole Miss