is 66 the mark of the beast?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:
rebeljim wrote:Saw that on another site. But we still don't have the talent to play with the big boys. So if all yall are going to do is *beep*, which is the make up of this board, u know, u negative nellies, then why don't yall pull for bama. That way u won't have Monday's like today. And us REAL Rebel fans don't have to listen to yall *beep*.
ah, play the old "if your opinion is not the same as mine, you're not a true rebel fan" card.
No, just get tired of all the whinning on here. Some don't understand where we are right now, all they want to do is wait for something bad to happen to come out of the wood work with their whinning. It gets VERY OLD.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

You're right. No one can post ANYTHING that isn't 100% positive.

Sorry, I'm not gonna do that. You think I'm a bad Rebel fan, fine.

Geez, I praise the Offense, I'm wrong about that. I say some negative things about the defense, can't do that either.

RebelJim, since you're the boss around here. Please tell me, what can I do?
Some Random Dude
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

rebeljim wrote: Some on here have no objective, all they want to do is whine.
Objectivity has been lost by some you are correct.

Say it with me now

CHEESE & CRACKERS
CHEESE & CRACKERS
CHEESE & CRACKERS
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rickochet2 wrote:
rebeljim wrote: Some on here have no objective, all they want to do is whine.
Objectivity has been lost by some you are correct.

Say it with me now

CHEESE & CRACKERS
CHEESE & CRACKERS
CHEESE & CRACKERS
So what is the time line that we can actually criticize something on our football team besides Bo Wallace? Two years? Andy Kennedy time?
Some Random Dude
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

lewindha wrote:
So what is the time line that we can actually criticize something on our football team besides Bo Wallace? Two years? Andy Kennedy time?
Objective criticism is fine at all times.

Chuck has not been objective, Eric.

RebelliousB's copied post is very accurate.
JB's statement that there is plenty of blame to go around is correct.

Chuck wants to dismiss the D staff yesterday. He seems to be of the belief that "Bo knows X".

Criticism founded on fact is fine, & can be understood. It does not hurt that it is tempered by objectivity.

Criticism with neither objectivity nor Fact, well that is just ....

Wait for it ......

Chuck.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:You're right. No one can post ANYTHING that isn't 100% positive.

Geez, I praise the Offense, I'm wrong about that. I say some negative things about the defense, can't do that either.

What we need to do Eric is let everybody else post...get their consensus...and agree. I'm too old for that. I give my opinion and I don't attack others for theirs.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

What's objective?

We're scoring points. I think Bo Wallace has a lot to do with that. I also think the scheme and our receivers and running backs have a lot to do with it. Wallace is being focused on b/c we haven't had a decent qb except to for last 6/7 games in Nutt's first year, since Eli. I'm sorry, to me that's a big deal. I really think we're in good shape with running backs and receivers. O-Line needs to step it up a little(or a lot, 5 sacks).

The defense gave up the most points since 1917 or something. That's BAD. I know where we're at. We're rebuilding, we have a long way to go. But, that doesn't mean we should just say, 'Oh, well' when we play that bad.

I expect that type of play when we play Bama. I'm hoping to play better against LSU. Maybe Texas is that good. Time will tell. But I'm not excited about the future with that defensive showing.
Some Random Dude
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

Calling for heads to roll after one bad game is not objective. I'll hang up and listen.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bigtreydaddy wrote:Calling for heads to roll after one bad game is not objective. I'll hang up and listen.
I said if we don't improve throughout the season, will Freeze pull the trigger? Obviously there's not a lot of places to go but up from that performance.

And I'm sorry, that wasn't just a bad game. THAT was a defensive disaster. However, I think we did OK on offense. I've received chastisement on that, too, so.
Some Random Dude
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

You can try to divide and conquer all you want Rick. I don't need Eric to express my opinion and he doesn't need me. I have not called for any dismissals nor would I. I was simply commenting on the worst defensive performance I have ever seen and I was told i was wrong because we didn't quit. I have never said Bo knows x. I have simply said that we would be a better offense with a quarterback with some size and a decent arm and who is not a running back first. And that of the qbs we have Bo fits that bill. And we are better on offense because Freeze made the proper call to go with Bo. Maybe that *beep* people off since I was calling for it. I don't know. But don't say I asked for anyone to be fired. Find where I said that. I didn't. All I am saying is that Ultimately I expect this staff to be accountable for the performance of this team. On offense Freeze has taken what he was left with, added his own quarterback (not mine) and already made it a competitive offense. He has made players from the previous staff more effective and added his own. Both Eric and I have given him great credit for doing that. The same has not happened on defense...yet. and size and Nutt can not always be blamed for poor performances. Because we will be outsized against Tulane's o line too. Most d lines are outsized by o lines. If the defense shows improvement like the offense so obviously has I will note it if they don't I will note it. I will not and have not ask for anyone's job. And finally I doubt very seriously that anyone on this board is objective about the Ole Miss Rebels. This is after all an opinion board!
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

Rebchuck18 wrote:You can try to divide and conquer all you want Rick. I don't need Eric to express my opinion and he doesn't need me. I have not called for any dismissals nor would I. I was simply commenting on the worst defensive performance I have ever seen and I was told i was wrong because we didn't quit. I have never said Bo knows x. I have simply said that we would be a better offense with a quarterback with some size and a decent arm and who is not a running back first. And that of the qbs we have Bo fits that bill. And we are better on offense because Freeze made the proper call to go with Bo. Maybe that *beep* people off since I was calling for it. I don't know. But don't say I asked for anyone to be fired. Find where I said that. I didn't. All I am saying is that Ultimately I expect this staff to be accountable for the performance of this team. On offense Freeze has taken what he was left with, added his own quarterback (not mine) and already made it a competitive offense. He has made players from the previous staff more effective and added his own. Both Eric and I have given him great credit for doing that. The same has not happened on defense...yet. and size and Nutt can not always be blamed for poor performances. Because we will be outsized against Tulane's o line too. Most d lines are outsized by o lines. If the defense shows improvement like the offense so obviously has I will note it if they don't I will note it. I will not and have not ask for anyone's job. And finally I doubt very seriously that anyone on this board is objective about the Ole Miss Rebels. This is after all an opinion board!
Chuck, in all honesty this is the most objective & thought filled post I have seen from you in awhile. No flaming at anyone & no use of inflamatory statements.

No one on here has said anything negative about your praise that you have given to Bo & the offense. I personally stated Sun. that you had given more than enough criticism to the D & it was time for you to spread that around b/c the O deserved some also. It was Bo that threw 3 picks, on our side of the 50, that led to 21 points, 7 directly.

I believe if you go back & read your post many were written in a tone that was intended to show total disdain for the current staff. Many of your posts left little for the reader to extract except for your desire for the D to be scrapped & dismantled.

At no point in your post game posting did you ever concede any of the stated facts. Never did you acknowledge that there were players getting pushed around by bigger, stronger, faster, & more experienced players. Never did you acknowledge that players were there, they were just not making the play. You lit into tirade after tirade at how the coaching staff was responsible & how unprepared the D must have been to allow 66, even though the D didn't give up 66, our team as a whole did.

Criticism must be tempered with objectivity or it loses its effectiveness. Every good manager knows that to give criticism effectively you have to see all the things that led to failure. You preached only of the current D staff & how they did not prepare our team correctly. You took our info on why things failed as "excuses".

Eric & Chuck, the whine & BS about "What we need to do is let everybody else post...get their consensus...and agree" has gotten old.

As far as size matters on D v. Oline, I personally said we were "out manned". That is inclusive of size, experience,& overall ability. We will experience this several more times this season. Next weekend our talent should overcome any of these deficiencies, the weeks after IDK.

I am willing to give the coaching staff at least half the season before I start passing serious judgement. I expect to see us get whipped again vs ALA & if our team continues to respond following a sound beating the staff will continue to get time from me, at least through the rest of this season.

CHF made a promise to me that our team would learn to compete daily & would compete for 60 minutes on the field. To this point he has not lied nor has he failed to honor that promise. I will go a long way to give a man, & those he is responsible for, the benefit of the doubt when he consistently is honest with me. Even if it is honesty to a fault, ie the interview.

WHILE NUTT & NIX MAY NOT BE A PART OF THIS PROGRAM ANYMORE, DON'T YOU THINK FOR A MINUTE THAT THEIR FINGERPRINTS & DNA ARE NOT STILL PART OF THIS PROBLEM!!!!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:You're right. No one can post ANYTHING that isn't 100% positive.

U could start off by contributing to my retirement fund. Any amount will do.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

i expected 4 wins this season back when we posted the "how many" will we have. i still think we can do that. along the way we will see some exciting plays due to an offense that has some talent. we won our first two games and we started thinking the impossible was about to happen. shame on us for being mad at anybody when it didn't happen.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:i expected 4 wins this season back when we posted the "how many" will we have. i still think we can do that. along the way we will see some exciting plays due to an offense that has some talent. we won our first two games and we started thinking the impossible was about to happen. shame on us for being mad at anybody when it didn't happen.

Yes, shame on me. Is anyone even reading my posts before calling me a bad fan?
Some Random Dude
beachbumreb
2nd String
2nd String

lewindha wrote:
bbqit wrote:i expected 4 wins this season back when we posted the "how many" will we have. i still think we can do that. along the way we will see some exciting plays due to an offense that has some talent. we won our first two games and we started thinking the impossible was about to happen. shame on us for being mad at anybody when it didn't happen.

Yes, shame on me. Is anyone even reading my posts before calling me a bad fan?
No. You're just the worst fan ever, no need to read and, uh, stuff.
Forward Rebels!