Once again...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

hubnub
Water Boy
Water Boy

Congrats on getting another win in the SEC and on the road! Nothing makes me happier than to see Arkansas lose, but the fact that it was Hugh Freeze and company makes it even sweeter!

Can someone please say 'ok hubnub, you were right about Freeze'?! Geez! haha jk...He's doing this with Nutts players....just wait until he gets the players he wants for his system! Ha look out!

The enjoyment y'all are experiencing right now is the same I was feeling last year when Freeze took us to a 10-2 season and Conference Champs!

Keep enjoying the ride because I have a feeling it's going to be a very very long one!

Best of luck next week against Georgia!
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

'ey bo, nobody is gonna say he's doing it with Nutt's players. At this point youre preaching to the choir.

And, Bo Wallace is his QB. FWIW.

Welcome to the fanbase, stick around for awhile. Everyone who follows a smaller conference team has a right to pick a FBS school too. :D
We Are Ole Miss
hubnub
Water Boy
Water Boy

mpzreb17 wrote:'ey bo, nobody is gonna say he's doing it with Nutt's players. At this point youre preaching to the choir.

Welcome to the fanbase, stick around for awhile. Everyone who follows a smaller conference team has a right to pick a FBS school too. :D

Yeah but as soon as he was hired the majority on here were completely upset with the hire! Saying "he wasn't a big enough name coach" or "that he never had any SEC experience", or "we just hired a Sun Belt school coach!"

And you're right...Bo Wallace is his QB. Wish we still had Bo! But I mean receivers, (not that it gets much better than Moncrief, man he's a beast!) RB's, etc.!

Btw - Arkansas State is an FBS School as well....just sayin!
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

hubnub wrote:
mpzreb17 wrote:'ey bo, nobody is gonna say he's doing it with Nutt's players. At this point youre preaching to the choir.

Yeah but as soon as he was hired the majority on here were completely upset with the hire! Saying "he wasn't a big enough name coach" or "that he never had any SEC experience", or "we just hired a Sun Belt school coach!"

And you're right...Bo Wallace is his QB. Wish we still had Bo! But I mean receivers, (not that it gets much better than Moncrief, man he's a beast!) RB's, etc.!

Btw - Arkansas State is an FBS School as well....just sayin!
Blah I did say FBS didn't I? I meant "smaller conference, SEC team."

But yeah, Nutt does have a few good pick ups still hanging around, but he failed to use them and his choices at QB are nowhere near Bo so it's CHF and his QB that made this team work this year.
We Are Ole Miss
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

A-State looks like it is having another good season in the Sun Belt. CHF is lightning in a bottle, and I'm glad we caught him. Thanks for the support!
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Welcome to the fam Hubnub! Hotty Toddy!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I was one of those that was not happy with the hire. If hindsight was 20-20, blah, blah.

And you're right, he's doing it with Nutt's players. But, he's doing something with Nutt's players that Nutt couldn't do. Win.
Some Random Dude
Redwolf/Rebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

I like seeing hubnub over here posting. I too am an ASU grad/fan, and I'm so grateful for Coach Freeze and that coaching staff for what they did at ASU.

It's really funny how this has worked out for me personally. My daughter is a sophomore at Ole Miss and a Rebelette. So when Freeze and company went to Ole Miss I was sad, but happy that I would get to keep following them. Every one of those guys on the coaching staff are first class and I think it's remarkable what they've done in their first year.

I was at the Arkansas game and what a great feeling to kick them in the crotch. I heard one guy running his mouth "There is NO way a former ASU coach is gonna beat the hogs." After the game I went up to him and said "Not bad for a coaching staff that was at ASU last year, HUH??"
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Redwolf/Rebel wrote:I like seeing hubnub over here posting. I too am an ASU grad/fan, and I'm so grateful for Coach Freeze and that coaching staff for what they did at ASU.

It's really funny how this has worked out for me personally. My daughter is a sophomore at Ole Miss and a Rebelette. So when Freeze and company went to Ole Miss I was sad, but happy that I would get to keep following them. Every one of those guys on the coaching staff are first class and I think it's remarkable what they've done in their first year.

I was at the Arkansas game and what a great feeling to kick them in the crotch. I heard one guy running his mouth "There is NO way a former ASU coach is gonna beat the hogs." After the game I went up to him and said "Not bad for a coaching staff that was at ASU last year, HUH??"
:D Hotty Toddy! :D
CMB
2nd String
2nd String

Check out #chizikreplacement on twitter ...a few people mentioned Freeze. One guy even replied "Freeze has his dream job. He isn't leaving Ole Miss"
OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

CMB wrote:Check out #chizikreplacement on twitter ...a few people mentioned Freeze. One guy even replied "Freeze has his dream job. He isn't leaving Ole Miss"
This makes me kick back, put my aching feet up, and smile.

Hopefully we won't lose another "pine box" Tuberville. I love what Coach Freeze is doing, and wish him all the best, but...
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

CMB wrote:Check out #chizikreplacement on twitter ...a few people mentioned Freeze. One guy even replied "Freeze has his dream job. He isn't leaving Ole Miss"

I think CHF said that Ole MIss was his "destination" job !
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Unlike Tubs, Freeze has moral character. And he's as mentally tough as they come. Winning combination!
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I hope and pray all of you are correct about Freeze. If he does what I think he will for Ole Miss over the next few seasons, there will be some big name programs calling. And some if not most will offer him double the money Ole Miss will pay. Let's all hope that his resolve in this being his destination job holds true.