5-7

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

deltarebel26 wrote:Look at the positives.... Auburn and Arkansas having come completely apart allowed us to get more than the 3non wins that we actually deserve. Thank goodness for them.
not chance though. The good thing is that it isn't us this year. Every year there are some teams that underperform. If it hadn't been Auburn and Arky, it would have been someone else. Before the year started, I said that we had enough talent to get AT LEAST five wins if we have the right coaching. Some actually acted like I was the stupid person in the world for saying that, but I said that we would beat the three non-con teams that we beat and that we would beat at least two from the following group: Texas A&M, Auburn, Arky, Vandy and Miss State. Having played four, we have beaten two and should have beaten the other two. There are things that I like about the current staff and there are problems that I see with the current staff, but we are right where we should be in my mind. I often say stupid things and get things wrong, but I feel like this time I got it right despite being derided by many. For the most part, the things that I have problems with with the staff are nothing more than rookie mistakes. They continue to adapt to the toughest conference in the country and as long as they are determined to keep that up, we'll be ok.
beachbumreb
2nd String
2nd String

JustBlues wrote:
deltarebel26 wrote:Look at the positives.... Auburn and Arkansas having come completely apart allowed us to get more than the 3non wins that we actually deserve. Thank goodness for them.
not chance though. The good thing is that it isn't us this year. Every year there are some teams that underperform. If it hadn't been Auburn and Arky, it would have been someone else. Before the year started, I said that we had enough talent to get AT LEAST five wins if we have the right coaching. Some actually acted like I was the stupid person in the world for saying that, but I said that we would beat the three non-con teams that we beat and that we would beat at least two from the following group: Texas A&M, Auburn, Arky, Vandy and Miss State. Having played four, we have beaten two and should have beaten the other two. There are things that I like about the current staff and there are problems that I see with the current staff, but we are right where we should be in my mind. I often say stupid things and get things wrong, but I feel like this time I got it right despite being derided by many. For the most part, the things that I have problems with with the staff are nothing more than rookie mistakes. They continue to adapt to the toughest conference in the country and as long as they are determined to keep that up, we'll be ok.
Excellent post JB! Before the season started I figured we would win three games if hardly any improvement was made. I figured five wins would be a successful season. Before the season started I just did not see us going to a bowl without picking one up basically on luck. I still feel that way. We have two tough rivalry games left, and they're a crap shoot, anything could happen. I think we have a better chance of losin out, but that does not mean I cannot see the positives and I am certainly long to continue to support our Rebels to my utmost!!!

Hotty Toddy, Go to Hell LSU!
Forward Rebels!
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Hagar wrote:
BobReb wrote:
with a bowl game on the line and a 23-6 lead. No freaking way that should happen.
Gotta agree Chuck. I knew it in my gut as soon as they held us to 3 points. It was over. I hoped not but I felt it.
WE SHOULD NOT LOSE TO VANDY!
Sad thing is, this is 4 in a row, if I'm not mistaken. Not a lot to be proud of from my point of view.
(Written from Na Klang village, Thailand. "Watched" the game via gamecast.)
WTH are you doing in Thailand?
My wife's Grandfather died. So we had to go, though I wasn't really expecting the expence. So I missed the Vandy game, but watched it on Gamecast. Oh well. Gotta beat LSU. Then State. ;)
And yes, I still have jet lag.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Well...one last chance to avoid going 5-7 after a 5-3 record. I think we beat State. But even though it would be disappointing, I can't call it a failure if we lose out.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
Memphis Jack
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I agree. I think most who post here a fair amount would have said at the beginning of the year that a five win season this year after our painful experience last year would be very respectable after our past few seasons. And many did! We know we are rebuilding and have some very promising first and second year guys; it'll just take a while.

It would certainly help, if we get Taz's "little" brother. Both for his future play and for the recruits across the country that might give us a look because did.