This season is further proof...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

that Nutt and staff just quit.

We were not so devoid of talent that we could only muster 2 wins last year. We're playing a lot of young players, but those players are redshirt players and sophomores.

Nkemdiche, Prewitt, Scott, Mosely, Sawyer, Moncrief, Sanders, Logan, Brunetti, Mackey. Basically the same O-Line. I know some of those guys are upper class-men, I'm just naming players that were there last year. If some of these guys weren't good enough to get on the field last year, then logic was state that we had better players(I know not always the case).

If Freeze can throw in a few of his own recruits and get this team to 6 wins, Nutt should lose his coaching card. And he should definitely not be on any radio show giving 'expert' advice.
Some Random Dude
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:that Nutt and staff just quit.

We were not so devoid of talent that we could only muster 2 wins last year. We're playing a lot of young players, but those players are redshirt players and sophomores.

Nkemdiche, Prewitt, Scott, Mosely, Sawyer, Moncrief, Sanders, Logan, Brunetti, Mackey. Basically the same O-Line. I know some of those guys are upper class-men, I'm just naming players that were there last year. If some of these guys weren't good enough to get on the field last year, then logic was state that we had better players(I know not always the case).

If Freeze can throw in a few of his own recruits and get this team to 6 wins, Nutt should lose his coaching card. And he should definitely not be on any radio show giving 'expert' advice.

To add to that point, we had a RB that is playing on Sundays at a pretty high level for the Patriots, a right tackle that is starting for the Cardinals. The biggest Nutt supporters in the world would have to admit that he was asleep at the wheel..
CMB
2nd String
2nd String

MageeRebel425 wrote: The biggest Nutt supporters in the world
:shock: :lol:

sorry, had to have my junior high-ish moment....
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

CMB wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote: The biggest Nutt supporters in the world
:shock: :lol:

sorry, had to have my junior high-ish moment....
I have those every day... Usually ever hour or so..
joe_t25
Scout Team
Scout Team

i said Nutt was a bad hire, he lived off of O's recruits, now O wasnt a good coach but could recruit. I was called a hog fan and a state fan cause i didnt support him, heck he lost games here he shouldnt have up Two TDs at home vs Vandy and SC and lost both of those games, he is and was a bad coach, but will find a job somewhere this off season.
Pain Dont HURT!
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Nutt actually got a gig as an analyst for the CBS Sports.com outfit that televises C-USA games, and he pontificates on there with a smirk on his face. I've caught a few seconds here and there, but as soon as he speaks, I move on. I totally agree that he quit the last two years, and I've posted before that I think the Jax State game may have been the trigger. Supposedly, in some sort of gentleman's agreement with his good friend, Jack Crowe, he called off the dogs in the second half, but Crowe crossed him up and went all out to beat him. I can't prove any of this, but it makes sense to me that Nutt got all bent outta shape and decided to take the money and run for the next two years, which he did. Karma is a *beep*, Houston Nutt, and it'll catch up with you sooner and later. You played Ole Miss for a lot of money, and you are a disgrace to the coaching profession.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:Nutt actually got a gig as an analyst for the CBS Sports.com outfit that televises C-USA games, and he pontificates on there with a smirk on his face. I've caught a few seconds here and there, but as soon as he speaks, I move on. I totally agree that he quit the last two years, and I've posted before that I think the Jax State game may have been the trigger. Supposedly, in some sort of gentleman's agreement with his good friend, Jack Crowe, he called off the dogs in the second half, but Crowe crossed him up and went all out to beat him. I can't prove any of this, but it makes sense to me that Nutt got all bent outta shape and decided to take the money and run for the next two years, which he did. Karma is a *beep*, Houston Nutt, and it'll catch up with you sooner and later. You played Ole Miss for a lot of money, and you are a disgrace to the coaching profession.
and whoever approved/wrote that contract for OM was a disgrace and a h3ll of a bad lawyer
kjreb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

bleuwolfe wrote:
Titles 'R Us wrote:Nutt actually got a gig as an analyst for the CBS Sports.com outfit that televises C-USA games, and he pontificates on there with a smirk on his face. I've caught a few seconds here and there, but as soon as he speaks, I move on. I totally agree that he quit the last two years, and I've posted before that I think the Jax State game may have been the trigger. Supposedly, in some sort of gentleman's agreement with his good friend, Jack Crowe, he called off the dogs in the second half, but Crowe crossed him up and went all out to beat him. I can't prove any of this, but it makes sense to me that Nutt got all bent outta shape and decided to take the money and run for the next two years, which he did. Karma is a *beep*, Houston Nutt, and it'll catch up with you sooner and later. You played Ole Miss for a lot of money, and you are a disgrace to the coaching profession.
and whoever approved/wrote that contract for OM was a disgrace and a h3ll of a bad lawyer
this^^^
heard state's changing field to turf next year. cheerleaders kept eating the grass
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

Am I the only one that finds it funny when FIRED coaches end up on TV as an analyst? LoL Not good enough to coach, but here tell everyone how the game is played. LOL
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Yeah. In Nutt's case, he's being paid for just sitting on his rump once again. I watched him once just to see what he would say. This was halfway through the season, and the question came up about what was going on at Ole Miss. Nutt said, "Bo Wallace is the difference." No, Nuttcase. Hugh Freeze is the difference. A real thinking, striving, achieving, motivated head coach is the difference. One who also brought Bo Wallace into the fold.
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

More money doesn't mean better decisions by AD especially ones from the era of being a good custodian to the University as in ex-player, coach, or buddy with the chancellor.

Somehow these smaller schools will be raided every year or every other year by the large conferences because the pace that the big conferences are firing coaches now every 3-4 years as to 5-10 years means they will have to replace a coach almost every year. i.e. Arkansas State will most likely have to hire another coach this year.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Titles 'R Us wrote:Yeah. In Nutt's case, he's being paid for just sitting on his rump once again. I watched him once just to see what he would say. This was halfway through the season, and the question came up about what was going on at Ole Miss. Nutt said, "Bo Wallace is the difference." No, Nuttcase. Hugh Freeze is the difference. A real thinking, striving, achieving, motivated head coach is the difference. One who also brought Bo Wallace into the fold.
Exactly.
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

Yep, many Arky fans tried to tell us about ole Nutt and we won't listen. But then we tried to warn them about ole Petrino and they wouldn't listen. I for one am glad they are both gone.
scott