So ak gets another shot

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Chucky_38
All American
All American

Great win! Yall know I don't care about anything but wins. Hotty Toddy! Time to go dancing.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
kjreb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Just keep winning! #Finsup
heard state's changing field to turf next year. cheerleaders kept eating the grass
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

The problem with going dancing is that we have won 14 games this year and the Missou game was the first quality win. To go to the tournament OM will have to really show out in conference play. The SEC is fairly weak so I guess it's possible. I didn't think they would beat Missouri and in the end it really won't matter if their leading scorer was out or not. It is still a win over a good program. If OM beats up on the weak SEC team and gets beat by the better teams it won't matter about the overall record. I saw a 28 win team left out a couple of years ago because of the strength of schedule. In the end you either have to win the SEC or you have to have quality wins.
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

rebeljim wrote:
StrongRebel wrote:
Either way I don't expect AK to be in Oxford next season. He either makes the tourney and get the offers he has been waiting on or he doesn't and gets fired. Either way I think it is his last season at ole miss.
Posted like a true nellie. For some on here, it doesn't matter what we do, they will complain. Beats anything I've ever seen. Ak should be back next year. Even though he's up against more than most with our pityful BB arnea, he seems to be doing better in recruiting, and that'll mean more wins. Seems some on here should just wait for baseball and let the rest of us enjoy the ride without having to come on here and read your whinning.

Sorry

I was only stating that if he continues to win and then at the end of the season for all your reasons as to why you believe he is doing an above average job such as pityful (pitiful) arnea (arena), and my own reason as to why he is doing better than most could. Is because he has one of the lowest budgets for basketball in a BCS conference.

Basically in short for all the reasons to give AK a break and say he is succeeding. Are all the same reason it is reasonable to think he will look for another job if he gets the opportunity. I was just playing to lewindha displeasure with AK in stating the obvious that if given the chance AK will not stay at Ole Miss either by his own choice or not.

I personally don't have an opinion of AK being a bad basketball coach, but no matter how good of coach he is. He made an embarrassment of the institution of Ole Miss which he should've been fired for, and when I do go to Oxford he is a lush of a drunk hanging out in the college bars. I just don't believe he is a leader of young men and that means he will always be chasing his own inability to get his team to play discipline basketball day in & day out. Does that mean he is a bad coach that deserves to be fired for all the reasons he is overachieving because Ole Miss is a tough basketball coaching job? Probably not but it also doesn't make him a great coach that is going to get this team to the sweet 16 year in & year out because lets all admit getting into a field of 68 is not that great of accomplishment, but it will be something he hasn't done yet.

But it is nice to see Ole Miss basketball playing well for the guys on the team, and the folks who truly are into basketball.

I personally think you're childish for calling people out for being real about the situations and looking at both sides of our basketball program. It is fans like you that make people not to want to even discuss things because if someone disagrees with you than obviously you fall into the name-calling and slighting them as to being bad fans.

Enjoy your Dr. Pepper, and don't be so sensitive to discussions.
Last edited by StrongRebel on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If he leaves or is fired, we nellie's will have been right all along.

If he takes off after the loyalty the University showed him by not firing him after the Cincy incident, then we will have been right about him as a person.

If he is fired, then we will have been right about him as a coach.

Yes, I like that scenario a lot, StrongRebel.

Although, I do believe if he gets us to the tourney and bolts, it puts us in a better position to hire. A team just off a tourney trip with a new arena on the horizon is better looking than a team with no tourney trips in 11 years.
Some Random Dude
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Here is the thing about talent and coaching. Nutt took our talent to 2 cotton bowls and a top ten ranking. And like AK, he wasted a lot of it.

Finally making a tourney with talent does not impress me in and of itself.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

StrongRebel wrote:
rebeljim wrote:
StrongRebel wrote:
Either way I don't expect AK to be in Oxford next season. He either makes the tourney and get the offers he has been waiting on or he doesn't and gets fired. Either way I think it is his last season at ole miss.
Posted like a true nellie. For some on here, it doesn't matter what we do, they will complain. Beats anything I've ever seen. Ak should be back next year. Even though he's up against more than most with our pityful BB arnea, he seems to be doing better in recruiting, and that'll mean more wins. Seems some on here should just wait for baseball and let the rest of us enjoy the ride without having to come on here and read your whinning.

Sorry

I was only stating that if he continues to win and then at the end of the season for all your reasons as to why you believe he is doing an above average job such as pityful (pitiful) arnea (arena), and my own reason as to why he is doing better than most could. Is because he has one of the lowest budgets for basketball in a BCS conference.

Basically in short for all the reasons to give AK a break and say he is succeeding. Are all the same reason it is reasonable to think he will look for another job if he gets the opportunity. I was just playing to lewindha displeasure with AK in stating the obvious that if given the chance AK will not stay at Ole Miss either by his own choice or not.

I personally don't have an opinion of AK being a bad basketball coach, but no matter how good of coach he is. He made an embarrassment of the institution of Ole Miss which he should've been fired for, and when I do go to Oxford he is a lush of a drunk hanging out in the college bars. I just don't believe he is a leader of young men and that means he will always be chasing his own inability to get his team to play discipline basketball day in & day out. Does that mean he is a bad coach that deserves to be fired for all the reasons he is overachieving because Ole Miss is a tough basketball coaching job? Probably not but it also doesn't make him a great coach that is going to get this team to the sweet 16 year in & year out because lets all admit getting into a field of 68 is not that great of accomplishment, but it will be something he hasn't done yet.

But it is nice to see Ole Miss basketball playing well for the guys on the team, and the folks who truly are into basketball.

I personally think you're childish for calling people out for being real about the situations and looking at both sides of our basketball program. It is fans like you that make people not to want to even discuss things because if someone disagrees with you than obviously you fall into the name-calling and slighting them as to being bad fans.

Enjoy your Dr. Pepper, and don't be so sensitive to discussions.
I don't really care what u think. I don't like it when all these so called fans bad mouth the program like they do. All they care about is dissing the HC. Doesn't matter what he does on the court, they just have their own agenda. We win, yet they complain. Ole Miss doesn't need those kind of fans. Either support Ole Miss, or find another school. That doesn't seem so hard. Eric hates AK, and it doesn't mattter what he does, Eric will *beep*. same with Chuck and a couple of others. Heck, Chuck bad mouth Archie and Mike Glenn after the Tx game, saying they didn't know what they were doing naming a girls high school basketball coach. Bad mouth Bjork also. Guess that's what makes good fans on this board huh? And just for the record, he no longer hangs out in those bars. So u need to get a little more up to date. Of course, forgiveness is non existent here.
Last edited by rebeljim on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:If he leaves or is fired, we nellie's will have been right all along.

If he takes off after the loyalty the University showed him by not firing him after the Cincy incident, then we will have been right about him as a person.

Although, I do believe if he gets us to the tourney and bolts, it puts us in a better position to hire. A team just off a tourney trip with a new arena on the horizon is better looking than a team with no tourney trips in 11 years.
What will u nellies say if we start going dancing most years with AK? I know u hope we end up in the NIT, although u will probably deny it. Just don't think u want us to do anything as long as AK is here.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebeljim. We are all rebels. I'm too lazy to look back and see if you fought to keep Houston Nutt. But if you did, you're an idiot. And if you didn't, please try to remember why you didn't. We are all , well maybe besides you, tired of shoulda coulda and woulda. Plain and simple. You say we have talent and you say we have coaching. March is fast approaching. Just sit back and let us see for ourselves. I'm looking forward to the elite eight. Hotty Toddy!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Jim, I was replying to your post. But, when I clicked submit, it said the post didn't exist. I assume you deleted it.

Yes, I don't like AK. But, I have given him credit where it's due. That's more than I can say for you.

I do support the program. But, I will not blindly follow a coach who can't win the big one, is a drunk, punches cab drivers, and embarrasses the University that I love. You are willing to look past those things b/c the roof leaks, and that's your business.

I want the best for MY University and I will voice my displeasure when I see fit. Doesn't mean I'm always right. Again, open, free, message board, wouldn't be fun if everyone just worshipped all things Ole Miss blindly. You probably didn't want to see Boone go. I mean look at our low recruiting budget for football and our racist past. How is he supposed to hire a coach for that? He did the best he could. Give him a break.

Stop making excuses and expect great things from our coaches, players, and administration. They will upset you sometimes, but they may surprise you, too.
Some Random Dude
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
lewindha wrote:If he leaves or is fired, we nellie's will have been right all along.

What will u nellies say if we start going dancing most years with AK? I know u hope we end up in the NIT, although u will probably deny it. Just don't think u want us to do anything as long as AK is here.
Well, you're first reply to this had a little more venom to it. Don't delete it, man. Say what you mean. I'm a big boy.

I don't hope we make the NIT. We are arguing b/c I'm not OK with the NIT. You are the one that is happy with year after year of the NIT. B/c I want better I'm a bad fan.

My above post was mostly a jab a you. Just a friendly ribbing, but as usual you took it as a personal attack and responded in kind.

You have got to be related to Kennedy. Or at least know his family?
Some Random Dude
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

rebeljim wrote:And just for the record, he no longer hangs out in those bars. So u need to get a little more up to date. Of course, forgiveness is non existent here.
Wrong. I know for a fact he is at the Library all the time in the off-season hanging out partying and sometimes during the season. Granted it is more subtle than past, but he is still there nevertheless.

Now like I said it doesn't make him a bad basketball coach, but he is the leader of 18 year old men that the university is paying for their school so that they perform at their best, and he is making a large sum of money to move that progress along. I just don't think a coach should be wrangling around college bars unless he is coming to get his star player out of them before a big game.

He wants to rub shoulders and get his drink on. Fine. Just don't do it where every student and of course his players frequent. It is just bad for his business of molding his player's minds around accountability and discipline.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

StrongRebel wrote:
rebeljim wrote:And just for the record, he no longer hangs out in those bars. So u need to get a little more up to date. Of course, forgiveness is non existent here.
Wrong. I know for a fact he is at the Library all the time in the off-season hanging out partying and sometimes during the season. Granted it is more subtle than past, but he is still there nevertheless.
Wait, I knew this. Does that mean I'm a bad fan or a good one?
Some Random Dude
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

You're not being paid $1.3 million to get 18 year old kids to make free throws or be a youth minister. So you can wrangle all you want because we all know Shepard Smith gets to when he is in Oxford.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

StrongRebel wrote:You're not being paid $1.3 million to get 18 year old kids to make free throws or be a youth minister. So you can wrangle all you want because we all know Shepard Smith gets to when he is in Oxford.
Just sayin' I knew AK was still 'frattin' it up. I still have a few friends that just refuse to leave Oxford, I don't know why. So I hear stories. One of them works as a bouncer at said Library.

Now I'm waiting on the "Well he has to coach games in that God-awful gym, he deserves to have a bunch of drinks with students at bars where mostly students hang out."
Some Random Dude