badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Can shoot!!!!!!
Rule #1.......Don't panik
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

I really hate the tongue and trash talk though! Bla!!
Rule #1.......Don't panik
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

TN did their share of trash talk. This week in the press and during the game.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

rebelliousb wrote:TN did their share of trash talk. This week in the press and during the game.
Yep, they sure did. That's okay. They weren't able to shut Henderson down in the second half.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Henderson is a straight up baller.
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

Best on the team from 18+ feet. Nuff said.

And most likely to draw a foul inside.
We Are Ole Miss
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Love him or hate him, he is the reason we are 5-0 right now, and he is the reason our basketball team is getting postive national attention. I just hope we don't meet UT again in the SEC Tourney, especially after Henderson's comment that we would beat them 10 out of 10 times. They were motivated last night, and almost pulled it off...if we face them again, they will be even more motivated.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote:Love him or hate him, he is the reason we are 5-0 right now, and he is the reason our basketball team is getting postive national attention. I just hope we don't meet UT again in the SEC Tourney, especially after Henderson's comment that we would beat them 10 out of 10 times. They were motivated last night, and almost pulled it off...if we face them again, they will be even more motivated.

He's one reason. Send Holloway back to SC and we have 8-9 wins right now .
GtownRebel
All American
All American

rebelliousb wrote:
rebelbear wrote:Love him or hate him, he is the reason we are 5-0 right now, and he is the reason our basketball team is getting postive national attention. I just hope we don't meet UT again in the SEC Tourney, especially after Henderson's comment that we would beat them 10 out of 10 times. They were motivated last night, and almost pulled it off...if we face them again, they will be even more motivated.

He's one reason. Send Holloway back to SC and we have 8-9 wins right now .
True and include Buckner and Williams on that list, too. Each player has a role to play. We saw tonight that without Murphy and Buckner in the line up, we struggled. Williams kept us in it in the first half I heard and made some ley shots in the second half. Summers made some good drives to the basket, but left a wide open Henderson without the ball several times in the second half. Without Cox as a backup or main player in the line up, it hurts when Murphy and Buckner aren't in the game. It is a team sport and it shows on our team. Don't need to get into foul trouble any more this season.[/color]
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

You can give the credit to Henderson if you want to but the reason OM is winning is Buckner and Hollaway. Henderson can shoot it, no doubt. If you want to call him a shooter I agree. When you call him a player I disagree. As I've said before a good player makes everybody around him better. Henderson can shoot it. He is far from a total player.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

55chevy wrote:You can give the credit to Henderson if you want to but the reason OM is winning is Buckner and Hollaway. Henderson can shoot it, no doubt. If you want to call him a shooter I agree. When you call him a player I disagree. As I've said before a good player makes everybody around him better. Henderson can shoot it. He is far from a total player.
Hammer...meet nail! Perhaps AK should introduce Henderson to Buckner and Holloway.... I am not sure he knows who they are and that they are on his team.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebchuck and others; if It wasn't for Henderson we would be at best 3-2 right now in the sec. He saved us in the vandy game and he single handily helped us beat ut last night. Every single player we had was struggling (even ak agreed) and when he got hot he continuously made shots to get us back into the game. Be glad he's on our team and not another sec team.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:Rebchuck and others; if It wasn't for Henderson we would be at best 3-2 right now in the sec. He saved us in the vandy game and he single handily helped us beat ut last night. Every single player we had was struggling (even ak agreed) and when he got hot he continuously made shots to get us back into the game. Be glad he's on our team and not another sec team.
We might not have won last night without his 28 although I think if we had to rely on the inside game we still could have beaten this TN team. IMO we would have beaten Vandy IN regulation if we would have continued getting the ball down low like we did when Henderson was benched.

Look I know we need a shooter to make our inside guys more effective...but Henderson has not done that. He has increased the level of attention (as much for negative reasons as positive) and his free throws have been invaluable. But his jacking up three pointers is not helping this team develop. And that could hurt us eventually. I think we have as much talent as any team in the league (which this year is not saying too much) but this coach and this guard IMO will keep the team from operating as efficiently as it could and I think that will catch up with us (especially if we get in the tournament and draw a real basketball team with guys that understand "team").

I actually even think that Henderson could be the guy to help take this team to a new level...much like Iverson could have been that guy...if somebody got in his face and told him to stop the punk crap and if somebody coached him up to use some god given ability to make his teammates and his team better. But one thing I am pretty sure of is that AK is not the coach to do either of those things.

The shots are exciting but to me the kid is an embarrassment on some levels. Freeze is building a class program and has molded kids like Mackey to embody that class approach. I don't see that happening in our basketball program. And to be honest, I miss that as much as I miss tournament appearances.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:Rebchuck and others; if It wasn't for Henderson we would be at best 3-2 right now in the sec. He saved us in the vandy game and he single handily helped us beat ut last night. Every single player we had was struggling (even ak agreed) and when he got hot he continuously made shots to get us back into the game. Be glad he's on our team and not another sec team.
U might as well give it up. They have their mind made up and no matter how stupid their arguement is, they're gonna argue. Henderson opens up the middle for our bigs to do their damage. When he goes out, the other team goes zone, and we can't break it. Thus, they pack the middle making it hard for our bigs to even get the ball. We would be the same team as last year without Henderson, and all these ne....s would all be whi....g about how bad we are. Murphy and AK have talked about how important it is to have Henderson. Murphy and Buckner didn't have good games last night, yet we won. Why? Because of Marshall Henderson, no one else. Yall saying Williams kept us in the game in the 1rst half. He had 4 ppoints at half time I think. Same as Henderson. Yet, who brought this team a W, Henderson. If yall don't want to enjoy our BB season, fine. But let us who do enjoy it without so called fans bad mouthing EVERYTHING they do in BB. Nothing is good enough for yall. I guess if we don't go undefeated and win the NC, yall are gonna wh..e. This is the best season since the '36-'37 season, yet yall *beep*. Unreal :roll:
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
We might not have won last night without his 28 although I think if we had to rely on the inside game we still could have beaten this TN team. IMO we would have beaten Vandy IN regulation if we would have continued getting the ball down low like we did when Henderson was benched.

Look I know we need a shooter to make our inside guys more effective...but Henderson has not done that. He has increased the level of attention (as much for negative reasons as positive) and his free throws have been invaluable. But his jacking up three pointers is not helping this team develop. And that could hurt us eventually. I think we have as much talent as any team in the league (which this year is not saying too much) but this coach and this guard IMO will keep the team from operating as efficiently as it could and I think that will catch up with us (especially if we get in the tournament and draw a real basketball team with guys that understand "team").

I actually even think that Henderson could be the guy to help take this team to a new level...much like Iverson could have been that guy...if somebody got in his face and told him to stop the punk crap and if somebody coached him up to use some god given ability to make his teammates and his team better. But one thing I am pretty sure of is that AK is not the coach to do either of those things.

The shots are exciting but to me the kid is an embarrassment on some levels. Freeze is building a class program and has molded kids like Mackey to embody that class approach. I don't see that happening in our basketball program. And to be honest, I miss that as much as I miss tournament appearances.
Even Murphy Hollaway disagress with u. But don't let logic get in your way. He's been quoted as saying as Henderson goes, they go. But again, don't let honesty get in your way.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food