Wow people...HATERS OUT IN FULL FORCE!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I live in Tennessee and BOY these garbage UT fans won't shut up. I've let them have it today. They are mad because their class is terrible...

Who else is catching some heat???

Anyways HATS OFF to Hugh Freeze and company for an unreal class...TOP 5!!!!!!!!!!!

HOTTY TODDY!
wpdrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

As a former police officer(now a deputy sheriff) in a small alabama town everyone knows me and and knows that i am an ole miss fan. I have caught heck everywhere i went today. My tax guy, my buddies and co workers, EVERYONE. But hey its worth it!!!
For evil to succeed, let good men do nothing.
ReconRebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Same here in Georgia from irate Dawg fans. All day long; the SMU comparison , the ''why would all the best players
suddenly want to go to a place like Ole Miss" - the ''they're gonna have to change that new Bear mascot to a Cheetah''
comments. On & On it went. Even my brother-in-law; who is one of the many pseudo bandwagon Bama fans around here
had to throw in his two cents worth. He always likes to make me think he doesn't know the difference in State & O.M.
The subtle insult.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Ooh cheetahs are way cooler than bears.... Can we re-vote! Let these babies cry. We're about to start kickin their ass!!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Been saying this for a few years now and other fans just dont believe me. With the new tv money coming in the idea that some universities can't keep up with another is over. It will all have to do with how good your coach can win and can he sell the university he is at. Even msu has enough money to have up to date facilities. The demographics are changing and they don't want to admit it. Tenn may never come back cause of their old way of thinking. We may have made a hit at the exact right time. Freeze is capitalizing on something all us old Rebels knew. The potential was there. We just needed the right people in charge. It's always been there just waiting to break loose.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

And a stroke of luck.... The nkemdiche factor was luck but it was luck that we capitalized on and took advantage of. Now it is vital that we seize this momentum and take it on the field .... We have to strike quickly because without a very successful 2013 we may not ever again have the kind of perfect storm in recruiting we experienced in the last few months. The recruiting part is a success.... Now we get to see how truly good the coaching part is. I can't wait.
mom2them
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

And the LSU haters are out in force here in NOLA as well....

oh man... Some of the tweets I saw from LSU people:

"Why would anybody want to go to Ole Miss?"

"olemiss FB is still LSU FB's *beep*"

etc, etc.

I'm LOVING it!

Particularly since RK visited LSU last weekend and Tiger fans thought he was coming their way! Then I saw on twitter that Les Miles unfollowed him after he signed.....tee hee!!

I already have my hotel room for the LSU weekend booked!!

HOTTY TODDY!!
cajunrebel

mom2them wrote:And the LSU haters are out in force here in NOLA as well....

oh man... Some of the tweets I saw from LSU people:

"Why would anybody want to go to Ole Miss?"

"olemiss FB is still LSU FB's *beep*"

etc, etc.

I'm LOVING it!

Particularly since RK visited LSU last weekend and Tiger fans thought he was coming their way! Then I saw on twitter that Les Miles unfollowed him after he signed.....tee hee!!

I already have my hotel room for the LSU weekend booked!!

HOTTY TODDY!!
Pay no attention to the corndogs. I learned a very important lesson about lsux corndog fans from my 37 years in NOLA. The louder and more obnoxious they get, the more likely it is that they did not attend and/or graduate from that school. The next time a corndog starts spewing hate, politely ask them what year did they graduate and what degree did they get. 8 times out of 10 you will find out that they never attended or graduated from that awful place.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Even the most level-headed state fans at my biscuit store are going absolutely batscat crazy this morning. Even when they beat us 3 straight years, these guys never rubbed it in too much but today they are threatening to call the SEC, the state college board, the college accreditation board, their senator / representative, etc because they can't believe what happened yesterday.

Here are a few quips I heard this morning:
- I guess the new basketball arena is put on hold after the money y'all spent yesterday.
- The new car dealers in Oxford are probably happy today.
- You can tell Dickie Scruggs was released last month.
- What is SMU and Ole Miss soon to have in common? The death penalty.

I just sat there eating my sausage biscuit, smiling and agreeing with everything they said which mad them even more upset. Then I asked about the basketball game last night. HA HA HA. Good times, good times.

It's great to be a REBEL!! Hotty Toddy!!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:And a stroke of luck.... The nkemdiche factor was luck but it was luck that we capitalized on and took advantage of. Now it is vital that we seize this momentum and take it on the field .... We have to strike quickly because without a very successful 2013 we may not ever again have the kind of perfect storm in recruiting we experienced in the last few months. The recruiting part is a success.... Now we get to see how truly good the coaching part is. I can't wait.
Chuck, how many times are u going to say that? Every post lately says the same thing. We know u was never on board with this hire. We know u wasn't on baord with the Bjodk hire. And if we weren't doing as well as we are, u would be letting us know it alot louder. Looking like we did the right thing, even though it meansd u were wrong. But can't u be happy and not so, dare I say it, nellie?
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:And a stroke of luck.... The nkemdiche factor was luck but it was luck that we capitalized on and took advantage of. Now it is vital that we seize this momentum and take it on the field .... We have to strike quickly because without a very successful 2013 we may not ever again have the kind of perfect storm in recruiting we experienced in the last few months. The recruiting part is a success.... Now we get to see how truly good the coaching part is. I can't wait.
Chuck, how many times are u going to say that? Every post lately says the same thing. We know u was never on board with this hire. We know u wasn't on baord with the Bjodk hire. And if we weren't doing as well as we are, u would be letting us know it alot louder. Looking like we did the right thing, even though it meansd u were wrong. But can't u be happy and not so, dare I say it, nellie?
Have you been reading my posts???? Nothing negative about my reaction to this recruiting class... I am saying EXACTLY what Freeze has said in response the the accusers with regard to what this post is about...the folks that say that we cheated...I am saying that they need to step back and review what happened...that this class was led by a pied piper...Robert Nkemdiche, whose brother is here....and that Coach freeze seized on that connection and the connection to Treadwell and used that to build this amazing class around. I have long since said that Freeze looks like a good hire, and I have given him OVER THE TOP credit for this recruiting class..but for folks that can't understand how this could happen they are not looking at the facts Nkemdiche was the linchpin and to say that we had to cheat to get him is not to know the perfect storm that was brewing. And I am saying exactly what Freeze is saying about recruiting being only half the battle.
"If people know the No. 1 recruit is coming to your school, it creates some buzz for you and our coaches capitalized on it," Freeze said. "They did a good job of executing our 12-month plan. We did it with hard work, a little luck and God's goodness to us."
"I understand why people are speculating or raising an eyebrow," Freeze said. "But we had Robert's brother here, and the mom said she wanted him here. We had Treadwell's best friend here, and South Panola [Conner's high school] is right down the road.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... e-football

I am just echoing the thoughts of my Head Football Coach to those accusing haters out there...if that makes me a nellie so be it, but I have been nothing short of ecstatic about this result and have given nothing but praise to CHF and his staff for this haul..so get your facts straight before you hate 8-)
wmblanks
Water Boy
Water Boy

The butt hurt is amazing and I am laughing my ass off at all the haters
Moose
loophole54
Water Boy
Water Boy

I agree with Chuck. When you've had consistent down or average years in this division, it's very difficult to make a real recruiting jump. This year was a perfect storm, and Coach Freeze did a fabulous job maximizing the situtation. However, to have consisntent recruiting years like this one (as Alabama does), we have to win some big games next year. I personally expect that we will do great. I love Coach Freeze's coaching, loved the 2012 team (what heart!) and can't wait to see how well Freeze can do with this group of atheletes.

I've waited over half a century. Our time is NOW, and I personally think next year will be fabuolous.

Go Rebs!

Paul
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

bbqit wrote:Been saying this for a few years now and other fans just dont believe me. With the new tv money coming in the idea that some universities can't keep up with another is over. It will all have to do with how good your coach can win and can he sell the university he is at. Even msu has enough money to have up to date facilities. The demographics are changing and they don't want to admit it. Tenn may never come back cause of their old way of thinking. We may have made a hit at the exact right time. Freeze is capitalizing on something all us old Rebels knew. The potential was there. We just needed the right people in charge. It's always been there just waiting to break loose.
This is an excellent observation. These ESPN contracts will ensure that every team in the SEC will have enough money to update facilities, be competitive in the admittedly out-of-control salary game and offer viable alternatives to the programs that once did have the upper hand with their mega-budgets. Ole Miss will be in an especially attractive place: when the NEZ is expanded at The Vaught, we will have a state-of-the-art facility that will seat between 70 and 75,000. Oxford-University Stadium is already one of the Top Three in the nation; and our new basketball arena will be a state-of-the-art 10,000+ seater. As with every team in every sport, however, we have to have good head coaches at the helm. We have that in football. I have my doubts about basketball and baseball at this point, but there will be nothing to stop us from getting winners if we need to do that in the near future.
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

Even Nutt had a top 25 class his first season and got 8 wins on it, thanks to having veterans from the O era.

Freeze has a top 5 class his second season and plenty of good players now as veterans. I bet he gets 8 or 9. Let them hate, they'll be left depressed this fall after they get beat by the school "nobody wants to go to."

With the season we just had, our team is seasoned. We have a chance to do something special this year. Don't write us off as barely eligible just yet. The haters know better.
We Are Ole Miss