USC fans trash talking?

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

RontheReb
Water Boy
Water Boy

This is a new one. Usually don't hear from them until football season. Some idiot predicting a win over us tonight http://secsmack.boards.net/index.cgi?ac ... 206&page=1
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Smack or not, if Ole Miss loses this game, we are dead in the water for a bid.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

They are pitiful but I would not be the least bit shocked if they beat us...
OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

MageeRebel425 wrote:They are pitiful but I would not be the least bit shocked if they beat us...
Based on what?
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

OMNOB 1A wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:They are pitiful but I would not be the least bit shocked if they beat us...
Based on what?
Not to speak for Magee but I would think based on the results of must win games by AK teams over the last 6 1/2 years.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

He might be correct if we keep it up in the 2nd half...
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

He was right.....
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

We are not a well-coached team. We aren't through losing regular season games.
GS1953
Scout Team
Scout Team

This team lacks motivation and discipline.....We are NIT bound again.....
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

OMNOB 1A wrote:
Based on what?

Sorry, I did not have time to elaborate earlier.. I felt like they might beat us based on several reasons...
1. We play down to most competition.
2. We suck on the road.
3. A.K. is not a good basketball coach.
4. It is February.
5. I, like most of you, discovered after the Auburn game we were not a good basketball team.
6. We can only play off talent and emotion.
7. We are a horrible defensive team.
8. Our halfcourt sets are painful to watch.
9. Our team is based off a streaky shooter, who throws up wild shots.
10. We needed to win this game....
OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I suppose that it is time for me to sit down to the table and begin to devour a plateful of crow. I didn't see this one coming.

Terrible loss. Awful.

I'm still not going to be on the side of you that feel Kennedy needs firing, I'm sorry. We are arguably the worst basketball program historically in a conference that save Kentucky, sucks alot. Note, I said "historically". I know that Florida has been beastly over about a ten year time span, but really, the SEC is a pretty bad hoops conference and over the better part of my life Ole Miss has been the stinkiest of all the Pepe LePew's.

In no way do I think that Kennedy is the next best thing, but I will contend until the athletic department gets serious about basketball, you people that think we can do better might be sorely disappointed. The guy's numbers are still the best in the history of the program, and all of you know it. Talk Evans and Barnes all you want, but Kennedy will be an integral part of a top program somewhere if not a head Coach while the a fore mentioned barely have a pulse for their careers. Because they aren't good coaches. at all.

Again, I quote Robert De Niro from "Men of Honor"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu4tV_KEdSY

at 2:17....
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think if AK gets another Head Coaching gig it will be at a lower level and I don't care where Evans or Barnes careers are now they took our program further than any coach did before and IMO further than AK will ever take us. His teams are just so miserably coached and people are starting to see it even though it has been glaringly obvious for years now.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

OMNOB 1A wrote:I suppose that it is time for me to sit down to the table and begin to devour a plateful of crow. I didn't see this one coming.

Terrible loss. Awful.

I'm still not going to be on the side of you that feel Kennedy needs firing, I'm sorry. We are arguably the worst basketball program historically in a conference that save Kentucky, sucks alot. Note, I said "historically". I know that Florida has been beastly over about a ten year time span, but really, the SEC is a pretty bad hoops conference and over the better part of my life Ole Miss has been the stinkiest of all the Pepe LePew's.

In no way do I think that Kennedy is the next best thing, but I will contend until the athletic department gets serious about basketball, you people that think we can do better might be sorely disappointed. The guy's numbers are still the best in the history of the program, and all of you know it. Talk Evans and Barnes all you want, but Kennedy will be an integral part of a top program somewhere if not a head Coach while the a fore mentioned barely have a pulse for their careers. Because they aren't good coaches. at all.

It is a risk vs possible reward situation in my eyes... If we fire A.K. what is the risk? We don't win as many regular season games, or we miss the NIT?

Possible reward, we get a guy in here that can actually develop basketball players, win games we are not supposed to, get as much out of our talent as possible, and make the NCAA tourney..

I think the possible reward outweighs the risk..
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:
OMNOB 1A wrote:I suppose that it is time for me to sit down to the table and begin to devour a plateful of crow. I didn't see this one coming.

Terrible loss. Awful.

It is a risk vs possible reward situation in my eyes... If we fire A.K. what is the risk? We don't win as many regular season games, or we miss the NIT?

Possible reward, we get a guy in here that can actually develop basketball players, win games we are not supposed to, get as much out of our talent as possible, and make the NCAA tourney..

I think the possible reward outweighs the risk..

I agree. We may not have the most talented group, but I do believe we've had tournament teams here, including this year. If the coach is maximizing the players' abilities we make the tourney easily this year and at least once more, probably twice, in the past 7 years.
Some Random Dude
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Terrible loss. Awful.

Great movie, but I started wondering what quote you were talking about so I clicked the link.... Were you drinking heavily last night, or have I had too many meds for this crud to understand? Because, I have no idea which quote you are talking about or how a navy diver relates to Andy Kennedy...