USC fans trash talking?

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

MageeRebel425 wrote:
OMNOB 1A wrote:I suppose that it is time for me to sit down to the table and begin to devour a plateful of crow. I didn't see this one coming.

Terrible loss. Awful.

I'm still not going to be on the side of you that feel Kennedy needs firing, I'm sorry. We are arguably the worst basketball program historically in a conference that save Kentucky, sucks alot. Note, I said "historically". I know that Florida has been beastly over about a ten year time span, but really, the SEC is a pretty bad hoops conference and over the better part of my life Ole Miss has been the stinkiest of all the Pepe LePew's.

In no way do I think that Kennedy is the next best thing, but I will contend until the athletic department gets serious about basketball, you people that think we can do better might be sorely disappointed. The guy's numbers are still the best in the history of the program, and all of you know it. Talk Evans and Barnes all you want, but Kennedy will be an integral part of a top program somewhere if not a head Coach while the a fore mentioned barely have a pulse for their careers. Because they aren't good coaches. at all.

Again, I quote Robert De Niro from "Men of Honor"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu4tV_KEdSY

at 2:17....

Great movie, but I started wondering what quote you were talking about so I clicked the link.... Were you drinking heavily last night, or have I had too many meds for this crud to understand? Because, I have no idea which quote you are talking about or how a navy diver relates to Andy Kennedy...

that was my thought as well...but I thought it was just over my head!!!
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
I agree. We may not have the most talented group, but I do believe we've had tournament teams here, including this year. If the coach is maximizing the players' abilities we make the tourney easily this year and at least once more, probably twice, in the past 7 years.
Uh, we have the number one scorer in the league, the number 2 rebounder and the number 2 shot blocker in the league...and they are three different people...

So let me see if you gave Calipari, Donovan, ....pick your coach three different players who are in the top two of three of the big statistical categories in the league do you think they would lose to South Carolina....just asking.

It's the players...it's the facilities....it's the fans....it's the history....it's the administration.....NO! IT IS THE COACH!!!!
RontheReb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Hmm all of a sudden regretting posting this... Brutal game.