I dont understand why..

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebfan518
Water Boy
Water Boy

we are all so wrapped around being in the tourney. Do you guys really want to see a one and done performance?? I would care if we could compete. IF we do make it in, we will be a 10 seed or lower and play a team that mops the floor with us. I would almost rather watch us in the NIT where we have a chance to make it out of the first round. Call me negative if you like but I'm just being real guys. We dont have the talent or depth to even dream of the sweet 16.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

The bigger question is: if we don't make the tourney after seven years under AK, do we need to make a change? The NIT year after year means nothing.
rebangel
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Hello NIT; good bye AK!
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

What a waste of talent on this team. This is pathetic. How anyone can defend AK at this point is beyond me.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

rebelbear wrote:What a waste of talent on this team. This is pathetic. How anyone can defend AK at this point is beyond me.

I hear footsteps... Sounds like... uuummm, could it be? Is it really? *dunt dunt dun DAH!!!*

IT'S REBELJIM!!! HERE TO DEFEND ANDY KENNEDY IN A SINGLE POST!!!!!!!

aaannnnnddd, scene.
L. S. WHO?
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

oxpatchreb wrote:
rebelbear wrote:What a waste of talent on this team. This is pathetic. How anyone can defend AK at this point is beyond me.

I hear footsteps... Sounds like... uuummm, could it be? Is it really? *dunt dunt dun DAH!!!*

IT'S REBELJIM!!! HERE TO DEFEND ANDY KENNEDY IN A SINGLE POST!!!!!!!

aaannnnnddd, scene.

You just don't understand... Somebody in the airport gave A.K. the stink eye.. He knew he did not have their support right then and there, so the game was over before we ever left the airport... Who could blame him?? Guys, if you don't get support from the administration and everybody else it does not matter if you are coaching MJ, you cant be held accountable!
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm not gonna bash Jim. He is entitled to his opinion. But I do think we need a whole new approach to basketball from ground up but I just have this feeling that Bjork is not going to pull the trigger. We'll see.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebangel wrote:Hello NIT; good bye AK!

Your confidence level intrigues me. If anyone can coach their way OUT of the NIT, Andy Kennedy can.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:I'm not gonna bash Jim. He is entitled to his opinion. But I do think we need a whole new approach to basketball from ground up but I just have this feeling that Bjork is not going to pull the trigger. We'll see.

I am not bashing the guy, but I am calling him out.. Everytime anybody has had an opinion that did not align with his, he has called those fans "nellies" and basially accused us of being bad or disloyal fans.. We get on here to discuss the state of our program, mostly through our own eyes.. A lot of us started expressing concern after some wins that should not have been as close as they were. We could see the writing on the wall. I had hoped this team would be different, and they would get better as the season rolled on. They clearly have not. You can't constantly blindly defend somebody and not expect to get a little ribbing. Nothing personal or mean spirited. I would buy the guy a cold coke if I met him..
RontheReb
Water Boy
Water Boy

It is always good for your program to be a tournament team.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

MageeRebel425 wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:I'm not gonna bash Jim. He is entitled to his opinion. But I do think we need a whole new approach to basketball from ground up but I just have this feeling that Bjork is not going to pull the trigger. We'll see.

I am not bashing the guy, but I am calling him out.. Everytime anybody has had an opinion that did not align with his, he has called those fans "nellies" and basially accused us of being bad or disloyal fans.. We get on here to discuss the state of our program, mostly through our own eyes.. A lot of us started expressing concern after some wins that should not have been as close as they were. We could see the writing on the wall. I had hoped this team would be different, and they would get better as the season rolled on. They clearly have not. You can't constantly blindly defend somebody and not expect to get a little ribbing. Nothing personal or mean spirited. I would buy the guy a cold coke if I met him..

Preach on, brother!!!
L. S. WHO?
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

wait.... Ole Miss has a basketball team?