There's a rumor that new uniforms will be unveiled tomorrow

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I've posted them a time or two, but before any body moans about messing with uniforms and tradition and "we've always this and that", go pull up some photos of JV's teams. Especially the Archie years. Ugly!
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelliousb wrote:I've posted them a time or two, but before any body moans about messing with uniforms and tradition and "we've always this and that", go pull up some photos of JV's teams. Especially the Archie years. Ugly!
Well, I'm sure that there were some that I don't remember, I don't remember any ugly ones except the red jerseys which I thought were ugly then and although not as ugly now, they are still ugly to me.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

I like the red ones, the blue ones, and the white ones. Never liked the gray ones.
OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

My brother and I where lucky enough to attend the "Rebel Road Trip" here in Atlanta, and I spoke with coach Freeze about this very subject, and given that it was the third such appearance of the day (Philadelphia and Tupelo were the other two), that included the road trip taking an apparent detour due to be being lost , he seemed weary, but said it better than I think I could ever deliver.

He said that an older gentleman had commented at an earlier stop that he was not in favor of the uniform changes and Coach's response was that, " Do you still ware the same ward robe that you did 20-30 years ago? I don't see you wearing bell-bottoms.

He said that gentleman stepped back a bit and conceded the validity of that statement, saying that the coach had made a great point.

Coach Freeze went on to say that he would make uni changes based on recruiting. It's all about recruiting.

He ended that convo by saying if we were to win 10 games a year, most of the fan base would be okay if the team came out in pink uniforms", to which I added, with green polka dots....

I am not a huge Tiger Woods fan, but his catch phrase these days is oh so true.

"Winning cures everything"
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

like 'em all, but like the players' smiles best of all!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bleuwolfe wrote:like 'em all, but like the players' smiles best of all!

:-D :mrgreen: :D :)