We just have bad hitters, check out their summer stats

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Its not a good sign when Hold Perdzock is hitting better then everyone else. By the way, Bousfield is simply playing terrible. He played terrible the entire season and is now playing terrible in the summer league.

http://insideolemisssports.com/
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Again, let's blame everything on anyone other than the head coach whose job it is to recruit these guys in the first place, then develop them himself and hire assistants who can do that also. We don't have a baseball program anymore. We have a Mike Bianco/Ross Bjork Club which does not belong to the fans or the university. Really pathetic, as will the 2014 season be!
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

We also lost Christian Helsel today. He left the team, I didn't hear why.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

These young men have eyes, ears and minds of their own. There's no way they can be in a Bianco dugout and not question some of his bullpen decisions, especially after the results backfire quickly as they usually do. I think disillusionment comes crashing in when a head coach is just not getting the job done. I've made it clear that I think Bianco should have been fired when he failed to make either Hoover or the NCAA Tournament in 2011. What's happened since is miserable in terms of fans enjoying the game and development of players. I'm not subjecting myself to the 2014 season--I have better uses for my recreational money.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:These young men have eyes, ears and minds of their own. There's no way they can be in a Bianco dugout and not question some of his bullpen decisions, especially after the results backfire quickly as they usually do. I think disillusionment comes crashing in when a head coach is just not getting the job done. I've made it clear that I think Bianco should have been fired when he failed to make either Hoover or the NCAA Tournament in 2011. What's happened since is miserable in terms of fans enjoying the game and development of players. I'm not subjecting myself to the 2014 season--I have better uses for my recreational money.
Do some research before you post. Helsel has a severe shoulder injury that will keep him out next year and the recovery is a long road. He left on his own to get better and probably play at a smaller school. And I challenge you to find a quote by a Rebel player, current or former, to talk ill of Bianco. The only thing I've ever seen from players is how much he's meant to them and done for them. Bianco has his limitations and maybe he's maxed out his potential, but stop trying to portray him as Hitler.

I know you want Bianco dead, but this has just gotten ridiculous.
Some Random Dude
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Hey, Eric, he's not Hitler. He's just a fraud who's gotten credit for another man's abilities. That man is Dan McDonnell. Ole Miss Baseball will continue to be mediocre to awful as long as Bianco is head coach. There's a track record to prove it, and people like yourself are completely deluded by hanging on to him. Ross Bjork also has no balls and is an empty suit. And by the way, no other program in the SEC would tolerate the performance of its baseball coach after thirteen years the way Ole Miss has. Also: John Cohen and State to Omaha playing for the national title IN FIVE YEARS. Period. End of discussion.

On to football where we have a real head coach and a chance to be relevant in the SEC and nationally.
Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

lewindha wrote:
Titles 'R Us wrote:These young men have eyes, ears and minds of their own. There's no way they can be in a Bianco dugout and not question some of his bullpen decisions, especially after the results backfire quickly as they usually do. I think disillusionment comes crashing in when a head coach is just not getting the job done. I've made it clear that I think Bianco should have been fired when he failed to make either Hoover or the NCAA Tournament in 2011. What's happened since is miserable in terms of fans enjoying the game and development of players. I'm not subjecting myself to the 2014 season--I have better uses for my recreational money.
Do some research before you post. Helsel has a severe shoulder injury that will keep him out next year and the recovery is a long road. He left on his own to get better and probably play at a smaller school. And I challenge you to find a quote by a Rebel player, current or former, to talk ill of Bianco. The only thing I've ever seen from players is how much he's meant to them and done for them. Bianco has his limitations and maybe he's maxed out his potential, but stop trying to portray him as Hitler.

I know you want Bianco dead, but this has just gotten ridiculous.

I don't have much of an opinion or know alot about the matter but I read on another board that Senquez tweeted during the tourney that it was time for a new coach. That just didn't sound like a good sign to me.

http://olemiss.247sports.com/Board/5941 ... 19617641/1
HottyToddy'06
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Senquez didn't even play this year to focus on football. Maybe he didn't get along with Bianco last year. I don't know. Did Bianco force him out, or did he quit?
Some Random Dude
Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

lewindha wrote:Senquez didn't even play this year to focus on football. Maybe he didn't get along with Bianco last year. I don't know. Did Bianco force him out, or did he quit?

I was just referring to a former player and I read on 247 where someone had said that he tweeted during the tourney that it was time for a new coach. I don't know if Bianco forced him out, I just thought he quit because he wanted to focus on football. For what its worth.
HottyToddy'06
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Word over on Rivals is that Helsel's injury could be career-ending. If anybody can do it, Titles will find a way to pin it on Bianco.
Some Random Dude
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I don't need to pin anything on Bianco. His coaching over the past four years stinks, and everyone with any baseball knowledge knows it. Only the delusional like yourself continue to think we have a baseball program that is going anywhere and a coach that is SEC worthy.

I'll repeat this and add a couple of other things so reality might sink into your skull:

John Cohen, MSU, plays for the National Title after five years at State. A real, elite head coach can get it done anywhere quickly. A pretender will never get it done.

Dan McDonnell, Louisville, has taken that program to the CWS twice since 2007 and got there this year by going through Vandy in Nashville, a team that was ranked #1 much of the year. Dan is a real, elite head coach.

Bianco is an illusion, an average, Southland-type coach who briefly benefited from the abilities of Dan McDonnell while he was here. No trips to Omaha in thirteen years. No hosting in four years, five out of the last six. Who really wants to play for that when there are so many other elite, title-winning options in the SEC--LSU, South Carolina, Florida and Vandy, to name four?

That is all.

Time for football, and something positive to cheer about in the Ole Miss Athletic Program.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:I don't need to pin anything on Bianco. His coaching over the past four years stinks, and everyone with any baseball knowledge knows it. Only the delusional like yourself continue to think we have a baseball program that is going anywhere and a coach that is SEC worthy.

I'll repeat this and add a couple of other things so reality might sink into your skull:

John Cohen, MSU, plays for the National Title after five years at State. A real, elite head coach can get it done anywhere quickly. A pretender will never get it done.

Dan McDonnell, Louisville, has taken that program to the CWS twice since 2007 and got there this year by going through Vandy in Nashville, a team that was ranked #1 much of the year. Dan is a real, elite head coach.

Bianco is an illusion, an average, Southland-type coach who briefly benefited from the abilities of Dan McDonnell while he was here. No trips to Omaha in thirteen years. No hosting in four years, five out of the last six. Who really wants to play for that when there are so many other elite, title-winning options in the SEC--LSU, South Carolina, Florida and Vandy, to name four?

That is all.

Time for football, and something positive to cheer about in the Ole Miss Athletic Program.

Echo, echo, echo, .....
Some Random Dude
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Time to move on and cheer, cheer, cheer, for Hugh Freeze! A real head coach!!!!