Moderator: Rebel Security

Dr.X
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Amusing.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I said at the time I thought this hire was a HR, and the usual nellies said, well, this thread says it all.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Everyone has had the chance to reflect and modify their feelings. I don't see the benefits of searching out these threads.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelliousb wrote:Everyone has had the chance to reflect and modify their feelings. I don't see the benefits of searching out these threads.
Oh, it benefits a couple of people.

And I don't regret my initial feelings about the hire ONE BIT given what we knew at the time. Was I wrong? ALL signs point to yes, but my initial reservations weren't unfounded.
Some Random Dude
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Looks like a great hire so far and he won me over against State after an iffy start (A&M and Vandy). To me the Vandy win was more crucial than this one. Four out of the last five games I have seen very good coaching (SEMO was an exhibition that we got out of healthy and he correctly showed very little). I think right now he is looking like the second best hire made that year in college and in the long run he has a shot to pass Sumlin and be declared the best hire. This win, regardless of Texas' problems, was so huge but I was even more impressed with the Vandy win because IMO Vandy and their staff is better than Texas and their staff right now. 15 games in he is looking great. And that recruiting class IMO is already proving on the field to be the best in the country. I always said I hoped I was wrong about the hire. So far it looks like I was. And I can guarantee you nobody in Aystin was screaming louder for him and our team Saturday night than me. Can't wait to see another measuring point in two weeks!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Sumlin? I don't get the hype behind this guy? I would say based off what we've seen....Freeze was the better hire. Sumlin has Manziel. Just like the other kid he had at Houston. He inherited a FAR better team than Freeze, and without Manziel, would they really have this much success?
carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

carl winslow wrote:I actually hate this hire.

The fact that everyone else does means only one thing. He will do great..

The only thing that makes me think this is a good hire is that everyone is ticked off about it. I remember being excited about Nutt, and I can remember how that turned out. I was excited about Orgeron, and remember how that turned out. Tuberville, Cutcliffe, etc.

Malzahn came from a bad situation and did ok.

Not justifying the hire. Just rationalizing it.
No props here^^?
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I don't know who dr x is on here. I do remember a dr x from championship wrasstlin when I was a kid. yet I am glad he hasn't found threads with my posts in them.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

carl winslow wrote:
carl winslow wrote:I actually hate this hire.

The fact that everyone else does means only one thing. He will do great..

The only thing that makes me think this is a good hire is that everyone is ticked off about it. I remember being excited about Nutt, and I can remember how that turned out. I was excited about Orgeron, and remember how that turned out. Tuberville, Cutcliffe, etc.

Malzahn came from a bad situation and did ok.

Not justifying the hire. Just rationalizing it.
No props here^^?
Props sent....
Randy