So does this help recruiting....

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

or hurt it?

I think it hurts. Three straight losses, two we should've won. Both of which playcalling play a major role in the loss. Freeze is a great guy, but you gotta show progress. And we're not doing that.

Now that our D is decimated, where are 3 more likely wins?
Some Random Dude
Heath
All American
All American

I think it could help bacause we can let the recruits know we just went toe to toe with the #9 team in the country. And did it starting many true freshmen. I think if this game were played next year, we win it by a touchdown. I am just looking at the brighter side.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Heath wrote:I think it could help bacause we can let the recruits know we just went toe to toe with the #9 team in the country. And did it starting many true freshmen. I think if this game were played next year, we win it by a touchdown. I am just looking at the brighter side.
I believe A&M's defense is younger than ours
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Not at the QB position it doesn't IMO
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:Not at the QB position it doesn't IMO

That is the difference.. The difference in us being able to knock off teams that year in year out, win at a very high level and us.. A solid to good QB doesnt produce wins for us, we need a special player at QB... Not a knock on the guys we have, they give their all, just dont have that difference maker...
deltarebel26
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I believe it helps. I think if coaches are having honest conversations with recruits, then they do not think we are going to go 10-2. If that was the case, these recruits would not be needed as badly. OM fans are our own worst enemy. We went 6-6 last year with virtually zero injuries, which is unheard of. We probably should not have won that many. Thank a down Arkansas and Auburn. Coaches can point out that this team is improving. We are 3-3 with a still bad Arkansas left, Idaho, Troy, and State. State and Mizzou will be our biggest competition (throwing out the assumed loss/close game with LSU.) We are still looking at a potential 7-8 win season. That is vast improvement IMHO. That is slow and steady wins the race. That is not a flash in a pan successful season and back down we go. We build depth. Especially on defense. Recruits see we are on the cusp of being good. We should have won last night. if we had extra DEPTH on d-line and LB we probably win that. The extra depth is sitting on the sidelines in t-shirts and field passes hung on lanyards. They aren't stupid. They can see it. And the coaching staff can point it out. Be competitive EVERY week. That will get us our help and depth. And we were very competitive last night. Naysayers get out of the way. This train is moving forward.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

From reading the tidbits on the recruits that was in town this weekend, I think we're doing pretty good on the recruiting front. Hope we can hang onto CJ, bama is after him hard. But I look for us to have a very good class again this year. Won't be #5 in the country, but hopefully top 10-12, somewhere like that.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:From reading the tidbits on the recruits that was in town this weekend, I think we're doing pretty good on the recruiting front. Hope we can hang onto CJ, bama is after him hard. But I look for us to have a very good class again this year. Won't be #5 in the country, but hopefully top 10-12, somewhere like that.
Top 15 will be good enough. We don't need top 5 every year(would be nice). I just hope we can do that.
Some Random Dude
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Seriously folks????? I'd love yo know how losing can help recruiting...

What top athlete wants to play for the coach/team who can almost win?
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I can tell u one thing that helped recruiting over the weekend. Mrs. Freeze stayed all night with Bryant, and it was noticed by several parents that were in Oxford with their sons on official visits. This is one reason Freeze recruits so well.
loophole54
Water Boy
Water Boy

A win certainly would help.

However, a loss to the now-no7 team in the country also helps. Simply assert that a few more top recruits, such as you (insert name0, will swing the program big-time.

That said, we really need a signature win to point to. The LSU game is huge.
TLM 1961
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

According to 247 sports we currently have the # 15 class in the nation, we were at # 12 a couple of weeks ago. Had some good recruits on campus last weekend and each had positive comments concerning time on campus and the game atmosphere. We have 20 commits at this time, but some being courted hard by other SEC schools. Hopefully we can hang on to all our recruits and pick up a couple blue chippers also, although it may be hard to have a top 20 class. We have 5 four star and 15 three star commits, need to close out recruiting with four and a five star would be nice.
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

proud2breb wrote:Seriously folks????? I'd love yo know how losing can help recruiting...

What top athlete wants to play for the coach/team who can almost win?

I think it's fairly obvious if you read some of the posts by other posters here. This loss can and will help with out recruiting. SERIOUSLY!!!!!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:or hurt it?

I think it hurts. Three straight losses, two we should've won. Both of which playcalling play a major role in the loss. Freeze is a great guy, but you gotta show progress. And we're not doing that.

Now that our D is decimated, where are 3 more likely wins?
According to Avery Gennesy in his interview on scout.

"I was leaning towards Texas A&M before I came on this trip," Gennesy said while traveling back to East MS CC from his Ole Miss visit. "But Ole Miss balanced it out. They really made me feel more comfortable with a lot of issues I had. I do not have a favorite anymore. Both Texas A&M and Ole Miss are really on my mind. Any visit is going to be fun so I have to really look at the situation. I do not have a top school anymore."

And this from 4* LB Nyles Morgan's father.

"One of the most impressive thing that we saw, if not the most impressive, was when Serderius Bryant got hurt on the field. Coach Freeze's wife went straight to the hospital and spent the whole night with him there at the hospital. They do not just through around the word love at Ole Miss. They truly mean it. You can see how much love they have for their players. I do not know of another college that would have the head coach's wife that would do what Mrs. Freeze did. When coach (Tom) Allen says he loves my son he means it. When coach Hugh Freeze says he will treat my kid like one of his own. He means it. We know our son will be treated like one of their own if he were to go to Ole Miss. There is no question about that, and that is just a huge plus for me and my family".

And this goes on and on with what the recruits and their parents are saying. So even though some on here don't think Freeze is the answer, well, he is. Yall got one or 2 more years to bad mouth him and the program, then I think it'll go away. Funny thing, then yall will act like u knew it all along. But in the mean time, be careful. Dr. X is watching and waiting. HOTTY TODDY
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

deltarebel26 wrote:I believe it helps. I think if coaches are having honest conversations with recruits, then they do not think we are going to go 10-2. If that was the case, these recruits would not be needed as badly. OM fans are our own worst enemy. We went 6-6 last year with virtually zero injuries, which is unheard of. We probably should not have won that many. Thank a down Arkansas and Auburn. Coaches can point out that this team is improving. We are 3-3 with a still bad Arkansas left, Idaho, Troy, and State. State and Mizzou will be our biggest competition (throwing out the assumed loss/close game with LSU.) We are still looking at a potential 7-8 win season. That is vast improvement IMHO. That is slow and steady wins the race. That is not a flash in a pan successful season and back down we go. We build depth. Especially on defense. Recruits see we are on the cusp of being good. We should have won last night. if we had extra DEPTH on d-line and LB we probably win that. The extra depth is sitting on the sidelines in t-shirts and field passes hung on lanyards. They aren't stupid. They can see it. And the coaching staff can point it out. Be competitive EVERY week. That will get us our help and depth. And we were very competitive last night. Naysayers get out of the way. This train is moving forward.
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^