Tim Brando: Got a$$ kicked, deal with it, move on.

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

mom2them
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

LA media running lots of stories quoting Miles saying he didn't prepare his team, yada yada. Tim Brando calls them on it.

"You got your a$$ kicked, deal with it, and move on."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxgQtCmX9g8

LOVE IT!!!
Last edited by mom2them on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rebel_Fire
Water Boy
Water Boy

Pretty much sums it up. Nice
P-nut
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Muhahahahaha nice!!
OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Whole new level of respect for Mr Brando. Always have like him, but this moves him up a notch.

what he said was exactly what I was yelling at Miles (yes, Miles, from the comfort of my home, and while he was residing within my television) while he was giving his excuses.

Glad that Brando delivered these thoughts from a platform that will actually be heard.
mom2them
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Also read this on mrsec.com which I found after hearing him on RebelSportsRadio....

http://www.mrsec.com/2013/10/miles-shou ... EC.com%29

MILES SHOULDERS THE BLAME FOR LSU’S LOSS TO OLE MISS, SIDESWIPES REBELS IN THE PROCESS
October 22nd, 2013 10:14 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington

Following a surprising 27-24 loss to Ole Miss in which LSU’s defense allowed 525 yards, head coach is doing what good head coaches do — he’s taking the blame. But in taking responsibility, he also disses the team that put up all those yards and points against his squad:

“There’s a number of reasons why we don’t win that game, but in my opinion it’s me. I did not get it across to them. I made the points, I spoke the words, but I need to teach better. I challenge myself that way.

It’s hard to admit as the coach of a team that’s best, better, that they finished second, and I’m doing that today, and I’m going to tell my team the exact same thing, that in fact, I’ve got to do a better job. I’ve got to get their attention.”

Give Miles an A for shouldering the blame, but his line about the “best, better” team finishing second gets an F.

No one expected Ole Miss to upset LSU at home because the Rebels had lost three in a row and they came into the game battered and bruised with a half-dozen starters out of action. Check the SEC standings and you’ll find that the Rebs are just one game behind Miles’ Tigers. LSU is 6-2 overall, 3-2 in the league. Mississippi is 4-3 overall and 2-3 inside the conference.

In other words, it’s not like LSU was knocked off by Jackson State.

We at MrSEC.com like any coach who says, “Put the loss on me.” We just think Miles could have done that without suggesting that his team is clearly better than Mississippi’s. On paper? Sure it is, but in reality there’s just that one game difference between the two squads… and the Rebels just won the head-to-head matchup. Let’s wait until season’s end to definitively say LSU is better than Ole Miss.

I felt that Miles -- along with many of my FB friends judging from their comments on my feed the last few days -- didn't give Ole Miss ANY credit whatsoever for winning that game. A friend said it was JUST because Mettenburger threw the 3 interceptions... yea right!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

LMAO, couldn't have said it better. Reminds me of a few things Ive been trying to tell LSU fans the last couple of days. I've never seen such a fanbase with this much denial. They really think they are capable of winning out every year and when they don't is always some lame, "We weren't up for this game".

Think I'll pass this on to every LSU fan I see tomorrow so they can here it from an unbiased standpoint.
mom2them
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

WildRebel wrote:LMAO, couldn't have said it better. Reminds me of a few things Ive been trying to tell LSU fans the last couple of days. I've never seen such a fanbase with this much denial. They really think they are capable of winning out every year and when they don't is always some lame, "We weren't up for this game".

Think I'll pass this on to every LSU fan I see tomorrow so they can here it from an unbiased standpoint.

:D :!: YES!! This is why I have ALWAYS hated LSU.....literally ever since I can remember!! Their fans have ALWAYS been so obnoxious and think they are above everyone else.

Which is why this win is JUST OH SO SWEET!!!
loophole54
Water Boy
Water Boy

I'm on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, which is overrun with LSU fans. I make it a point NOT to mention the game--and they don't bring it up with me. But we all know! That way we win with class.

However, to the Rebel faithful, I can state that the win wasn't caused by LSU's three interceptions. Remember in the fourth quarter (I) our midfield fumble; (ii) the blocked field goal; and (iii) the fumbled fair catch. LSU gave us some gifts, but we reciprocated.

If our defense hadn't stepped up on the fumbled fair catch at the 13, we would have been down by four at the end, and needing a touchdown. The bottom line is that our team got it done.

I love the contrast between Freeze's remarks and those of Miles.

I couldn't be prouder to be a Rebel!
mom2them
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Brando must be getting heat.

He sent this tweet a few minutes ago:

Tim Brando ‏@TimBrando 8m
I take exception to the Heading "RIPPING" any team. Simply pointing out to fans that opposing teams deserve credit. Match ups matter ok?
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

loophole54 wrote:I'm on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, which is overrun with LSU fans. I make it a point NOT to mention the game--and they don't bring it up with me. But we all know! That way we win with class.

However, to the Rebel faithful, I can state that the win wasn't caused by LSU's three interceptions. Remember in the fourth quarter (I) our midfield fumble; (ii) the blocked field goal; and (iii) the fumbled fair catch. LSU gave us some gifts, but we reciprocated.

If our defense hadn't stepped up on the fumbled fair catch at the 13, we would have been down by four at the end, and needing a touchdown. The bottom line is that our team got it done.

I love the contrast between Freeze's remarks and those of Miles.

I couldn't be prouder to be a Rebel!
Huh? You make it a point to not mention it? That's what you're supposed to do. You win some, you lose some, but when you win, you rub it in; especially to the tigers. There's a way to brag without being a jackass, but who cares, they won't know the difference.