proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:
rewalters wrote:Ole Miss 34
Arkansas 24

May be closer than we would like.......
this
You guys beat all of us and Vegas to win the prediction contest!!! I'm glad we're bowl bound, but would have been nice to have put up some style points at home. A 10 pt home win makes me think we may have been pig slop in Fayetteville.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:
bbqit wrote:
Arkansas 24

this
You guys beat all of us and Vegas to win the prediction contest!!! I'm glad we're bowl bound, but would have been nice to have put up some style points at home. A 10 pt home win makes me think we may have been pig slop in Fayetteville.
I don't think so. Freeze took his foot off the pedal in that Brunetti drive and then we followed up that passiveness with a blown coverage on a clock eating drive. I think the best team definitely won and would have won on any field.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
proud2breb wrote:
bbqit wrote: this
I don't think so. Freeze took his foot off the pedal in that Brunetti drive and then we followed up that passiveness with a blown coverage on a clock eating drive. I think the best team definitely won and would have won on any field.
If you really believe that, why did he?
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:
bbqit wrote:
Arkansas 24

this
Yeah, this game was not a good match up for us.....big O-Line/D-line with a coach that knows how to run the ball. Freeze allude to the match up problems earlier in the week, there were warning flags all over the place.

On top of that, we played on our heels (offense and defense) quite a bit, big plays and playing at home was the difference, if Saturday's game would have been in Fayetteville it might have been a different outcome. Don't know how it looked on TV, but Arkansas pretty much controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Kudos to the coaching staff and players for winning a SEC game where the team played flat and was not executing on a high level. In spite of all that, we won.....impressive to say the least, not sure when the last time we have accomplished that.....

Look for State to be the same type of match up, if we don't come out swinging (and keep swinging) it may not go in our favor. I'm more worried about State than MIZZOU, if State can get by Arkansas (should be a really good game) they will have a lot on the line, kind of like us last year....

Stay tuned, meaningful football in November two years in a row, how great is that!
Randy
spudhog
3rd String
3rd String

Best team won. OM made some error's in the 2nd half OM is a much better team. Ark did run it better than I thought we would've. But, our secondary is so terrible. Wallace could've thrown for 500 on Saturday.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

spudhog: You need to be cloned. Since I've been on this site, you've never done anything but classy posts. All fans of all schools should conduct themselves like you do. :wink:
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Titles 'R Us wrote:spudhog: You need to be cloned. Since I've been on this site, you've never done anything but classy posts. All fans of all schools should conduct themselves like you do. :wink:

I second that post!!!
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:
Titles 'R Us wrote:spudhog: You need to be cloned. Since I've been on this site, you've never done anything but classy posts. All fans of all schools should conduct themselves like you do. :wink:

I second that post!!!
I'm cloning spudhog as we speak.... Gonna call the clone "studhog" ... LOL
loophole54
Water Boy
Water Boy

If any of us post on the opposing team's sites, use spudhog as your model.

Win (or lose) with class.
3rdR8Bromance
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

loophole54 wrote:If any of us post on the opposing team's sites, use spudhog as your model.

Win (or lose) with class.
At the risk of being late to the party, and 'piling on,' I definitely have to strongly agree w/ this (& judging from a lot of internet/message board behavior, it is an admonition that is sorely needed, for a lot of fanbases).