The two ints by Wallace

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Rebchuck18 wrote:
WildRebel wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:I can't speak for Eric, but we just saw our QB have one of the most productive games an Ole Miss QB has ever had. A performance that saved us from a poor defensive performance and made us bowl eligible. Yet the first thread about that performance is about him almost "costing us" the game. Bo throws one interception every 60 plus passes... The only starter with a better ratio in the SEC is McCarron at Alabama

In comparison, the Heisman trophy winner throws one every 30 passes . Murray and Mettenberger every 40 passes and Marshall at Auburn every 30 passes.

Bo has a solid chance at being the number one QB in the SEC next year and people will still be hating. When we will likely appreciate him most is in 2015... When he is gone.
Bo played a good game last night. I still say the LSU game was his best, I don't like stats to an extent. Our receivers/blocking did Bo's numbers wonders last night. Although, I did see IMO, his most beautiful pass last night...to Logan.
The pass to sanders on the goal line before brunetti's TD was amazing, the pass to Logan was perfect and a couple of passes to Moncrief over the middle were perfect with as much zip as I have seen from Bo. And he had two or three 7 to 8 yard runs on first down to get drives going. The blocking was good except for a few spots, but I think that Bo was the difference last night even more than Texas and LSU.
But in a bigger game against a better opponent he grinded out almost a perfect game. I seen a Bo in that game that could've started anywhere in the country. IMO
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

rebeljim wrote:
WildRebel wrote:
lewindha wrote:It was fourth down. If you guys can't see that, I can't help. And if the play hadn't been called back, what's the difference in punting and them possibly running back.

If you guys really wanna argue the point, we were WELL within Ritter's range. So why didn't we kick it? But, you know Bo is known for making those bone-headed passes so let's just kick that dead-horse. Wait except this year, he's not making those bone-headed throws.
You're really impossible. The difference is there are punt teams for that case. Not an offensive unit that doesn't practice tackling. A 49 yard field goal is no gimme and Freeze felt we could convert as he's done so many times(and been flamed for I might add)..its as simple as that. The outcome didn't hurt, we're ok.

See what I mean? I'm not all over Bo's case but you act as if I want him replaced. What is your deal man?
Suppose the pass had been completed? That's why Bo threw it like he did. Even Freeze wanted him to "chuck it". Neither INT was on Bo. The first one the WR stopped his route. Not Bo's fault.The second one, Freeze had told him not to take a sack, no matter what has to be done, don't take a sack. Again, not Bo's fault. Seems basketball is not the only sport that has it's "nellies". Some on here said I was drinking kool aid when I said a after we beat LSU, that I hoped to win out. Guess they have to down something, so why not Bo? :roll:
LOL, here they come. Not even gonna bite. This is pitiful.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:
lewindha wrote:It was fourth down. If you guys can't see that, I can't help. And if the play hadn't been called back, what's the difference in punting and them possibly running back.

If you guys really wanna argue the point, we were WELL within Ritter's range. So why didn't we kick it? But, you know Bo is known for making those bone-headed passes so let's just kick that dead-horse. Wait except this year, he's not making those bone-headed throws.
You're really impossible. The difference is there are punt teams for that case. Not an offensive unit that doesn't practice tackling. A 49 yard field goal is no gimme and Freeze felt we could convert as he's done so many times(and been flamed for I might add)..its as simple as that. The outcome didn't hurt, we're ok.

See what I mean? I'm not all over Bo's case but you act as if I want him replaced. What is your deal man?
Right, he's just made 50 plus fgs pretty regularly.

And, I understand why Freeze went for it which is why I didn't criticize him for it(when I have in the past under different circumstances).

To be clear. I've never said that an interception is a good thing. But, in those situations, they were harmless and were not anywhere close to 'almost costing us the game'. Sure, I can say that after the fact. But, it can also be said after the fact that those two int's almost cost us the game.

I don't have a deal. I was arguing with jrebel87 b/c I disagreed with his assessment that those two int's 'almost cost us the game'.

I never said you wanted Bo replaced. You jumped into this argument, not me. I've never said a word about you. You jumped in to defend jrebel and I'm just trying to make my point that those int's did not 'almost cost us the game'.

I'm just trying to further my agenda of creating the idea that Bo is the greatest QB in the history of Mississippi Juco Football.

Man, I'm a bad fan for criticizing playcalling or our basketball coach.

And I'm also wrong defending our baseball coach or our quarterback.

Please, what can I do to make everybody like me?
Some Random Dude
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
WildRebel wrote:

Suppose the pass had been completed? That's why Bo threw it like he did. Even Freeze wanted him to "chuck it". Neither INT was on Bo. The first one the WR stopped his route. Not Bo's fault.The second one, Freeze had told him not to take a sack, no matter what has to be done, don't take a sack. Again, not Bo's fault. Seems basketball is not the only sport that has it's "nellies". Some on here said I was drinking kool aid when I said a after we beat LSU, that I hoped to win out. Guess they have to down something, so why not Bo? :roll:
Wait, what? We're on the same side of an argument. Everybody stop what you're doing. Is the Earth opening up below your feet?

This is point I was trying to make, though. On fourth down, you don't take a sack and you don't throw it away. You chuck it downfield and live with the outcome. Again, that one in particular, in no way almost cost us the game.

But, Jim, I do disagree with you on the first one. I thought Moncrief did stop, but was cut off(legally) by the defender. So, I really blame no one on that one. Interception, not good. But, on 3rd and 17, not a bad decision to try to throw it up for our 6'2, best receiver on the team, to try and make a play.
Some Random Dude
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

No need to explain, your last couple of sentences explained your "deal". Its a message board, we're entitled to opinions, its just pitiful that people get so defensive over these issues and the constant feeling people are too hard on Bo for critiquing his play. But it happens to others and our coaches(who have our team possibly facing its best finish since Eli), yet its fine. We're all Rebel fans here, that's a fact.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:
WildRebel wrote:
But in a bigger game against a better opponent he grinded out almost a perfect game. I seen a Bo in that game that could've started anywhere in the country. IMO
I agree, but last night we needed help against a lesser team and he stepped up. And I believe last night was just as big a game because as great as it was to win the LSU game it would have been equally devastating to lose the Arky game. But hey we are debating which good game was better. Nice to be in that position talking about an Ole Miss QB. nuff said!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Its a message board, we're entitled to opinions, its just pitiful that people get so defensive over these issues and the constant feeling people are too hard on Bo for critiquing his play
Just like people get defensive when I critique Kennedy, or Freeze's playcalling, or Marshall Henderson for...being himself.

We all have our favorites and we defend them(sometimes blindly). Yes, it is a message board. It's all opinions. I'm wrong most of the time apparently, but I feel very strongly on this one that I'm right. Hence, the argument.
Some Random Dude
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

lewindha wrote:
Its a message board, we're entitled to opinions, its just pitiful that people get so defensive over these issues and the constant feeling people are too hard on Bo for critiquing his play
Just like people get defensive when I critique Kennedy, or Freeze's playcalling, or Marshall Henderson for...being himself.

We all have our favorites and we defend them(sometimes blindly). Yes, it is a message board. It's all opinions. I'm wrong most of the time apparently, but I feel very strongly on this one that I'm right. Hence, the argument.
Fair enough.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:

Eric, I wasn't blaming Moncrief for stopping, just saying it wasn't Bo's fault. It was just one of those things. Bo had a very good game, maybe not as good as the LSU game, but a good one none the less. Guess u can't please all the people all the time, hence the discord on here from some.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
nkemdiche_smash
Water Boy
Water Boy

I'm new here so I definitely don't want to get into the board dynamics, but just wanted to throw in my opinion. Sorry for the long post

I think Bo is playing at a really high level right now and I think he has done wonders to limit his mistakes to become a better game manager. I do know that he was told by Freeze to not take a sack, so should he have thrown it away? I don't know, the results of the play say that it worked out in our favor. The fact is that Bo Wallace is probably going to go down as the second best QB in UM history behind Eli (statistically, so please don't think I'm Archie bashing). What I find amusing is that we can play relatively lackluster through much of a SEC contest and still come away with a 10 point victory. Think about the last time we could say that. In the past this is the kind of games that we drop even in good years (2003 we lost to Memphis and Wyoming).

My issue was more in the play call. It was 3rd and 5 with a little over 2 minutes left and no Arky timeouts. We knew we were in a field position where we were going to go for it on 4th, so why not run the ball. If you don't pick it up we would have run another 40 seconds off the clock and are probably looking at 4th and shorter than 5.

Sometimes I think that Freeze over thinks his playcalls. Similar perplexing calls happened earlier in the game when we were first and goal from about the 3-5 yard line (score was 10-3). We run the ball 3 times in a row, two of which we had 1 on 1 with both Moncrief and Treadwell. If you are going to sell out for the run, why not put your running QB in the game? I'm all for running the ball, but especially in the red zone we have to be efficient and not leave points on the board. Run it on first and second and then take a shot. In this example we get three points, but a TD would have really set a different tone to the game instead of letting a much lesser opponent hang around.

I mean no disrespect to Freeze as I'm a huge fan, but he is young in his HC career. I think he has a very high ceiling and will continue to grow every game.
P-nut
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

nkemdiche_smash wrote:I'm new here so I definitely don't want to get into the board dynamics, but just wanted to throw in my opinion. Sorry for the long post

I think Bo is playing at a really high level right now and I think he has done wonders to limit his mistakes to become a better game manager. I do know that he was told by Freeze to not take a sack, so should he have thrown it away? I don't know, the results of the play say that it worked out in our favor. The fact is that Bo Wallace is probably going to go down as the second best QB in UM history behind Eli (statistically, so please don't think I'm Archie bashing). What I find amusing is that we can play relatively lackluster through much of a SEC contest and still come away with a 10 point victory. Think about the last time we could say that. In the past this is the kind of games that we drop even in good years (2003 we lost to Memphis and Wyoming).

My issue was more in the play call. It was 3rd and 5 with a little over 2 minutes left and no Arky timeouts. We knew we were in a field position where we were going to go for it on 4th, so why not run the ball. If you don't pick it up we would have run another 40 seconds off the clock and are probably looking at 4th and shorter than 5.

Sometimes I think that Freeze over thinks his playcalls. Similar perplexing calls happened earlier in the game when we were first and goal from about the 3-5 yard line (score was 10-3). We run the ball 3 times in a row, two of which we had 1 on 1 with both Moncrief and Treadwell. If you are going to sell out for the run, why not put your running QB in the game? I'm all for running the ball, but especially in the red zone we have to be efficient and not leave points on the board. Run it on first and second and then take a shot. In this example we get three points, but a TD would have really set a different tone to the game instead of letting a much lesser opponent hang around.

I mean no disrespect to Freeze as I'm a huge fan, but he is young in his HC career. I think he has a very high ceiling and will continue to grow every game.

Great post!!! :mrgreen:
3rdR8Bromance
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

nkemdiche_smash wrote:What I find amusing is that we can play relatively lackluster through much of a SEC contest and still come away with a 10 point victory. Think about the last time we could say that. In the past this is the kind of games that we drop even in good years (2003 we lost to Memphis and Wyoming).
Yeah, that was my takeaway, as well; I would prefer that we were 'up' for every game, and never had a 'flat' performance, but that's just not reality. As for the two picks, one of my (selfish, I suppose) biggest reasons for wishing they hadn't been thrown, is that it almost doubled his previous total. But, given the situations (as previously thoroughly covered, I do not think they portend any kind of a "trend," going forward. Bo may have been "pressing," a bit, since we seemed to be needing a 'spark.' I believe that the Rebels will hit the field fired up, this weekend, even though it's an OOC opponent, w/ the bowl situation confirmed, and a chance to improve upon their standing.

BTW, did anyone else notice, during the Bama/LSU game, how one of the announcers dissed all of LSU's opponents, saying something like "NOT a lot of wins there," after naming Arky/Miss State/Florida/Ole Miss (he later @ least noted that Ole Miss did defeat them, probably after someone in the 'trailer' forced the issue). Anyway, not a big deal, I do believe that this staff and this team are headed in the right direction, and thus some 'shots' are being taken, before they 'turn the corner.' ;)
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think that another indicator that we are on our way up and our standards have changed is that we can view the fifth most prolific passing game in the long history of Ole Miss as a lackluster performance. BTW welcome to the board Nkemdiche, I like your take. But be careful, while it is okay to criticize a young kid on scholarship for throwing a pick in a 400 yard passing game that we win by double digits, some folks think that making anything other than glowing comments about the guy being paid millions to coach the team is heresy 8-)
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:I think that another indicator that we are on our way up and our standards have changed is that we can view the fifth most prolific passing game in the long history of Ole Miss as a lackluster performance.
Excuse me, just read that they adjusted the stats... He actually had 416 passing yards and 428 total yards, both numbers second in the history of Ole Miss behind Archie's 500 plus yard game against Bama.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Rebchuck18 wrote:I think that another indicator that we are on our way up and our standards have changed is that we can view the fifth most prolific passing game in the long history of Ole Miss as a lackluster performance. BTW welcome to the board Nkemdiche, I like your take. But be careful, while it is okay to criticize a young kid on scholarship for throwing a pick in a 400 yard passing game that we win by double digits, some folks think that making anything other than glowing comments about the guy being paid millions to coach the team is heresy 8-)
pretty hypocritical comment there my friend.