Egg Bowl

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

All week I said the worst case scenario was for State to win and we lose.. That obviously happened, so now it gets interesting.... Total reversal from last year. State sitting at 5, fighting for their bowl lives. Mullen is feeling some heat, because the dawg's brilliant fan base thinks they are supposed to win 9 games a year. Super Dan will have them highly motivated, and we will get their very best effort. I also think his hatred for us increased last year with his 'never lose to this team again' clip looped repetidly on the jumbotron.
Based on how we started, losing the last 2 would be really disapointing, it would also hurt recruiting momentum and bowl selection.. I just don't feel like I have seen us play a complete game all year... When the O has looked solid, D struggles and vice versa. I am hopeful this is the week that we see a complete game.. Offensively, we are capable of really lighting them up, but it seems like every game we expect to light it up we fall flat on our faces (Auburn, Mizzu..)
I am wondering if Mullen is playing opossum with Dak Prescott. I saw him throwing in pre game and he looked fine.. Maybe, he really is injured, but it wouldnt shock me for Mullen to act like Prescott is Superman and roll him Thanksgiving night..
There is not a spread out yet.. I am sure they are trying to figure out a QB situation..
Just some thoughts. What are yalls?
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

First, isolate Bo from all possible exposure to further sickness.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:First, isolate Bo from all possible exposure to further sickness.
Agree, while not doing things football related, heavy dose of fluids and antibiotics...
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:All week I said the worst case scenario was for State to win and we lose.. That obviously happened, so now it gets interesting.... Total reversal from last year. State sitting at 5, fighting for their bowl lives. Mullen is feeling some heat, because the dawg's brilliant fan base thinks they are supposed to win 9 games a year. Super Dan will have them highly motivated, and we will get their very best effort. I also think his hatred for us increased last year with his 'never lose to this team again' clip looped repetidly on the jumbotron.
Based on how we started, losing the last 2 would be really disapointing, it would also hurt recruiting momentum and bowl selection.. I just don't feel like I have seen us play a complete game all year... When the O has looked solid, D struggles and vice versa. I am hopeful this is the week that we see a complete game.. Offensively, we are capable of really lighting them up, but it seems like every game we expect to light it up we fall flat on our faces (Auburn, Mizzu..)
I am wondering if Mullen is playing opossum with Dak Prescott. I saw him throwing in pre game and he looked fine.. Maybe, he really is injured, but it wouldnt shock me for Mullen to act like Prescott is Superman and roll him Thanksgiving night..
There is not a spread out yet.. I am sure they are trying to figure out a QB situation..
Unlike u, I'm not disappointed in the team. I want us to win every game. Like Freeze said, we're ahead of schedule. Some of u don't seem to grasp how thin we are in several positions, especially both lines. And that is where u win the games, in the trenches. We are very thin, and need quite a few more players. That doesn't happen overnight. Several players have had down seasons, and that hasn't helped this year. Mullen will have the dogs ready, but they may be down to their 3rd string. Don't see Dak playing, and Russell is beat up. Also, saw on a dog board where we are 3 1/2 point favorites. Don't know how true, vegasinsider has no line. They said Richard Cross posted it on twitter. And of course there's some things that I'm unhappy about. Didn't like the miscommunication between the bench and the players on the field. Don't like all the play calling either, but that don't mean I'm right. And I'm sure Freeze messes up at times, doubt he'll be perfect. But he is the right man for the job, rather some on here believe it or not.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
P-nut
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

If someone wants Freeze gone, they would be a d*** fool!!!!
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:I am wondering if Mullen is playing opossum with Dak Prescott. I saw him throwing in pre game and he looked fine.. Maybe, he really is injured, but it wouldnt shock me for Mullen to act like Prescott is Superman and roll him Thanksgiving night..
Every article I've read said that Prescott didn't dress yesterday.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:All week I said the worst case scenario was for State to win and we lose.. That obviously happened, so now it gets interesting.... Total reversal from last year. State sitting at 5, fighting for their bowl lives. Mullen is feeling some heat, because the dawg's brilliant fan base thinks they are supposed to win 9 games a year. Super Dan will have them highly motivated, and we will get their very best effort. I also think his hatred for us increased last year with his 'never lose to this team again' clip looped repetidly on the jumbotron.
Unlike u, I'm not disappointed in the team. I want us to win every game. Like Freeze said, we're ahead of schedule. Some of u don't seem to grasp how thin we are in several positions, especially both lines. And that is where u win the games, in the trenches. We are very thin, and need quite a few more players. That doesn't happen overnight. Several players have had down seasons, and that hasn't helped this year. Mullen will have the dogs ready, but they may be down to their 3rd string. Don't see Dak playing, and Russell is beat up. Also, saw on a dog board where we are 3 1/2 point favorites. Don't know how true, vegasinsider has no line. They said Richard Cross posted it on twitter. And of course there's some things that I'm unhappy about. Didn't like the miscommunication between the bench and the players on the field. Don't like all the play calling either, but that don't mean I'm right. And I'm sure Freeze messes up at times, doubt he'll be perfect. But he is the right man for the job, rather some on here believe it or not.

Never said I was disappointed in the team...
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:I am wondering if Mullen is playing opossum with Dak Prescott. I saw him throwing in pre game and he looked fine.. Maybe, he really is injured, but it wouldnt shock me for Mullen to act like Prescott is Superman and roll him Thanksgiving night..
Every article I've read said that Prescott didn't dress yesterday.

He didnt, but he made the trip.. Had his jersey on throwing around during pre-game.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

P-nut wrote:If someone wants Freeze gone, they would be a d*** fool!!!!

Who wants him gone? Mizzu is over, its Egg Bowl week!!!
3rdR8Bromance
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Okay, we're all fans, here (as far as I know ;) ). Criticism does not, uniformly and in all cases, equal rejection. Speaking for myself alone, I think that Freeze is the 'right man for this job.' However, that doesn't mean that anyone needs to be forced into the rose-colored eyewear. Against Mizzou, the team wasn't sharp, play was spotty, @ best, and gameplan/playcalling was indeed questionable, @ times. I don't like that, but denial doesn't make it go away. Before, and early on in the season, I didn't see the Egg Bowl as a 'must-win;' now I do. We have already matched our win total, from last year, but to end in a slide, @ this juncture, could be near-devastating. But I don't think that's what's gonna happen – but we're still on this side of history. It's on Coach Freeze and the team, to be ready, and perform solidly and consistently, for four quarters (and absorb all the blows and 'surprises' that Mullen & State are sure to throw @ them). As much as Saturday night hurt (from the standpoint of being a fan), 'Bama's still the only team that has "blown them out;" and upon closer inspection, even that one, wasn't so much. Again, my own perspective is that I'd rather be Ole Miss, with our record and membership in the SEC, than either Baylor OR Oregon, after the weekend. I'm as tired as anyone of 'moral victories,' but the fact remains, that this team is close, and getting closer. I don't know how it's gonna all end (& I don't have to, 'right now'); recent disappointment notwithstanding, I like their/our chances, based on what I have seen.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
We do understand that we are thin, and we are obviously not calling for Freeze to be gone. But being thin has nothing to do with the disorganization and Chinese fire drill that is our coaching staff at certain times. Of course we are young and inexperienced and we play like it sometimes. But we are also young and inexperienced at the head coaching position and he coaches like that from time to time. To note that is not to be disloyal or nonsupportive...to note that is simply to watch the game and tell the truth. The thinness you speak of is most definitely what kept us from beating Bama. The unprepared and schizophrenic coaching approach I speak of is what I believe cost us against Auburn and Mizzou. And to continue to fall back on "we are ahead of where we should be" after each loss to me shows an inherent lack of confidence and lack of readiness to be accountable. The staff did a great job of prep and coaching against Vandy, Texas and LSU. Not so much against Bama, Auburn and Mizzou. I doubt that it is an accident that those 3 teams have confident coaches who stay the course and don't disrupt their own teams flow at crucial times in crucial drives.
Last edited by Rebchuck18 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Just because some people think Freeze makes mistakes and says it doesn't mean we want him fired. That's a tired argument and getting old.

As for the depth thing, ALL of that went out the window when we beat LSU with practice squad players playing on defense. We have the talent to beat any team on our schedule, except Bama. Sure, we can't win them all, but I don't think I'm being a bad fan for saying Freeze made some mistakes in the Auburn and A&M games. And I still think he should've kicked FG's against Bama, but whatever.

Last night everything seemed off. Just didn't seem right from the time we sat down. That's a statement that most on here seem to agree with. I'm not trying to blame any one person or group. It was just a weird feeling in the stadium last night.
Some Random Dude
3rdR8Bromance
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

lewindha wrote:As for the depth thing, ALL of that went out the window when we beat LSU with practice squad players playing on defense.
Gotta agree. Blaming depth feels a bit of a 'reach,' now. A disturbing 'trend,' IMHO, appears to be developing, with this young team – they seem almost to "need" a punch in the mouth, to get/refocus their attention, after they've been 'on a run.' Saturday night, there just seemed to be a 'half-mindedness' about everything: halfway committed to Brunetti (once Bo looked a bit 'out of it') / then halfway committed to Wallace (but not completely trusting him either) / halfway focused, in the Red Zone / halfway trying to make tackles, when players were in position. No "theory" appears satisfactory, to fully explain it.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

60 more min of football to make this a big improvement from last year. don't let it turn into a street fight. msu needs that to win. keep your head and focus on the goal. well, one inch past the goal this time.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Depth is not much of an issue now, experience is.