Four Letter Word

If it's not about Ole Miss, it belongs here.

Moderator: Rebel Security

Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

So apparently there is still one "four letter word" that is not allowed on network television in prime time...that word? LORD! Tonight on the Voice the contestants as a group sang "Will the Circle be Unbroken". At first I thought "Wow, that's cool"...until I realized that they had not only apparently re-written the verses, but also removed "Lord" from the choruses. Everywhere in the chorus where Lord should be, they replaced it with "oh"! I guess one of the contestants found the word offensive. More likely one of the entertainment execs found it offensive. Ya know what I find offensive? Robin Thicke and Miley Cyrus; Pit Bull and a host of other rappers who "sing" misogynistic "songs" that denigrate our daughters and sisters while some of our daughters and sisters dance vulgarly by their side; the so called "progressives" in charge of entertainment and pop culture AND our government running around preaching tolerance while in practice being absolutely intolerant of any beliefs that do not fit their political agenda especially if those beliefs involve Christianity or in some cases Judaism; and a very entertaining show like GLEE which is watched by millions of young kids being chocked full of glorified and irresponsible sex including sex between students and staff! But you know what, it doesn't matter if I'm offended because I am a white Christian male from the Deep South who thinks that women should be revered and celebrated, not put on all fours in a rap dance routine, and who believes anybody who uses the "N" word regardless of their race should have their mouth washed out with soap and their butt whooped by their daddy with a switch! But hey, at least those in charge of pop culture are shielding us from having to hear the word "Lord"! Well excuse my language, but LORD help us .......now!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

its what they media wants and they will push it down your throat without a second of sleep lost. the media can always find somebody who wants to be on tv that will act like its their idea but unless the media wants something out there it doesn't get out there.