CHF....the BIG question...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

How many wins does he need next year for you guys to be happy?

9-10 wins or I say fire him.

Thoughts?
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Let's focus on the bowl game for now......we will talk about next year somewhere about......lets say about July....

Basketball season will be over, and the AK talk will be done.....Baseball will be over, and the MB talk will be about done.......then we can focus our complete and total attention to Freeze and his incompetence for 2014......
Randy
Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

rewalters wrote:Let's focus on the bowl game for now......we will talk about next year somewhere about......lets say about July....

Basketball season will be over, and the AK talk will be done.....Baseball will be over, and the MB talk will be about done.......then we can focus our complete and total attention to Freeze and his incompetence for 2014......
I see what you did there...
TLM 1961
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Why wait, CHF great recruiter and maybe motivational speaker. He definitely is NOT a SEC coach, nor is his staff. We were a pathetic team tonight and I was there to witness the game.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Are you guys serious ? You can't seriously mean that you would fire a guy that's taken us to two straight bowls. Granted, the past few weeks we have played conservative but the fact remains we still finished better then last year . If we regress next year and go 5-7 then you can talk about the next season being his make or break year.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:Are you guys serious ? You can't seriously mean that you would fire a guy that's taken us to two straight bowls. Granted, the past few weeks we have played conservative but the fact remains we still finished better then last year . If we regress next year and go 5-7 then you can talk about the next season being his make or break year.
Not only have we regressed from last year, we regressed throughout the season! Nutt took us to two straight bowl games during his first 2 years... And those were actually "REAL" bowl games....Cotton Bowls! Are we supposed to live the guy for the Compass Bowl and whatever crap bowl we get this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Short answer: yes! Nut left the cupboard bare when he left after a 2-10 season . I guarantee any of us would have done backflips to know the next two years we would make bowl games, albeit crappy ones.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

jrebel87 wrote:Short answer: yes! Nut left the cupboard bare when he left after a 2-10 season . I guarantee any of us would have done backflips to know the next two years we would make bowl games, albeit crappy ones.
This.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

To answer the number question, I think 9 wins is a given never year looking at the schedule. So Freeze will probably be a hero to many fans because if that! IMO we should win 10+ to justify keeping him.

OLE MISS 2014 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Aug. 28 vs. Boise State (Atlanta)

Sept. 6 at Vanderbilt

Sept. 13 LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE

Sept. 20 OPEN

Sept. 27 MEMPHIS

Oct. 4 ALABAMA

Oct. 11 at Texas A&M

Oct. 18 TENNESSEE

Oct. 25 at LSU

Nov. 1 AUBURN

Nov. 8 PRESBYTERIAN

Nov. 15 OPEN

Nov. 22 at Arkansas

Nov. 29 MISSISSIPPI STATE

cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

Well let's see. If he wins 10 games it will only be the 3RD TEAM to do so since the Vaught days and one of those was with a senior Eli and the other was the first year after Vaught so if he does we d*** well better keep him. Only a handfull have won 9 and if he wins 7+ three years in a row he will be the only one other than Cutcliffe to do so. I'm not saying he's the answer but let's give him a full recruiting cycle and see what happens then. Some of you need to get a little patience and realize its not an overnight journey.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebel4life22 wrote:
rewalters wrote:Let's focus on the bowl game for now......we will talk about next year somewhere about......lets say about July....

I see what you did there...
No I don't thing you did......sarcasm meter broken......

Fire Freeze talk is asinine.......
Randy
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

cacreb2000 wrote:Well let's see. If he wins 10 games it will only be the 3RD TEAM to do so since the Vaught days and one of those was with a senior Eli and the other was the first year after Vaught so if he does we d*** well better keep him. Only a handfull have won 9 and if he wins 7+ three years in a row he will be the only one other than Cutcliffe to do so. I'm not saying he's the answer but let's give him a full recruiting cycle and see what happens then. Some of you need to get a little patience and realize its not an overnight journey.
Look..... SEC championship is not an overnight journey, but consistently beating MSU should be! We are in the right to be impatient with last night's performance! Regardless of the unwarranted respect some are giving to the Bulldogs, we saw how bad we really are against a mediocre (at best) team!

proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

What 4 games on that schedule do you see us losing if we show ANY improvement next year?

Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Some of you are laughable...no offense.

You mean to tell me we should all CROWN CHF for taking us to Compass and Liberty Bowls?

Pathetic.

Coaches get fired all the time for 6 and 7 win seasons. We aren't here to go to Compass Bowls and get beat by Miss. State...

Again, if I'm the AD at Ole Miss I tell Freeze to either win 9/10 games next year or you're gone...

MEDIOCRITY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

This thread is stupid.