Fire Freeze.....

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
lewindha wrote:
rebelbear wrote:In 2 years Freeze has a top 10 recruiting class, 2 winning records, and a win over a top 10 conference opponent. No, that doesn't mean we crown him coach for life, but let's allow him the opportunity to build some depth with more great recruiting classes. We suffered some huge injuries on the DL and OL this year that were hard to overcome.
He's also lost several games with poor playcalling and one last night could hurt more off the field than on.

A guy making millions is not above reproach. Most sane fans aren't even close to saying fire him. That's dumb. But, if you don't see a downward trend in this team, then I need to get my red and blue sunglasses where you get them.
Let me borrow those glasses Eric, I could use them. Last night was bad, no other way around it. Heck, yesterday was bad. My Packers got beat worse than they've been beaten in a LONG time. Plus, I didn't do too well putting a little "fun" on the games yesterday. I only won on Baltimore. My Rebels losing to state, say it ain't so.
Yeah, the Pack is hurting without Rodgers. Dude, looked like a coach over on the sidelines with that stache.
Some Random Dude
P-nut
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Only dumb@sses would want Freeze fired!!
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Is it play calling or lack of execution. You can blame Freeze but what I have been seeing is a lack of players making plays when they are needed. How many turnovers did we have. You cannot turn the ball over four times and expect to win, especially on the road. Ole Miss is a lot better off right now than they were before Freeze got here. Yes, a big physical running back would help but right now we don't have one. Last year OM beat most expectations. Most here would have taken a 7-5 record this year before the season started. We should be better next year and this year should be going to a better bowl than last years. I would have liked to have a few more wins but they were in every game except Alabama with a chance to win in the fourth quarter. I think anybody who is serious about firing Freeze needs to learn to manage expectations.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

lewindha wrote:
rebelbear wrote:In 2 years Freeze has a top 10 recruiting class, 2 winning records, and a win over a top 10 conference opponent. No, that doesn't mean we crown him coach for life, but let's allow him the opportunity to build some depth with more great recruiting classes. We suffered some huge injuries on the DL and OL this year that were hard to overcome.
He's also lost several games with poor playcalling and one last night could hurt more off the field than on.

A guy making millions is not above reproach. Most sane fans aren't even close to saying fire him. That's dumb. But, if you don't see a downward trend in this team, then I need to get my red and blue sunglasses where you get them.
I agree there has been a downward trend. I want to know where the coaching staff that had great adjustments against Vandy and Texas have been the last few weeks. Freeze is far fom perfect and definitely not above reproach, but for some to insinuate that he should be fired is ridiculous (I know you an most "sane fans" are not).
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I doubt know that anyone with an ounce of credibility is saying Freeze should be fired.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebel4life22 wrote:
Chucky_38 wrote:I wish everyone could see this for what it is. A tough loss to a good team. We were even with State all year. Every loss they had was to better teams. Top teams. Just like us. One of us had to lose this game and it took overtime for one of us too do so. The home team in this series has been dominant for a long time now. Nothing changed.

Bo Wallace played the worst game of his Ole Miss career. No explaining or justifying his play and even after the terrible job he did, he still found a way to choke in overtime. This loss is all his in my opinion.

You all really need to step back and realize that State is a legit program whether you like it or not. We are not better than them nor are we entitled to beat them every year. And the way you feel right now about losing to them is how LSU felt after losing to us. You can't always beat a rival, especially when beating you makes their season.

Mark it down folks, Rebs lose in Starkville. Get used to it. On the Brightside, Rebs win in Oxford.

Might be time for some of you to start giving Dan Mullen credit too. Hes a very good coach and he certainly understands how State works. And the Egg Bowl. He has dominated Ole Miss in the series and he hasn't had the most talent between the two teams. I think his recruiting woes are because he is at State. He made this season about going bowling and returning "their trophy" to Starkville. We desperately need him to take another job.

Anyway, one thing is certain. Under any Ole Miss coach, with any qb, we lose in Starkville.

I mean really, this team beat Texas and LSU, but couldn't beat MState. Prolly says more about MState than it does our team. I live and work in Columbus and I get the pleasure of hearing about this game and the fact that State has won 4 or the last 5 Egg Bowls for the next year. I get to see MState put up billboards with the score and the Egg Trophy all over Columbus. I get to listen to State fans tell me why they are so much better. Thanks Ole Miss. I envy you guys that don't live around here. It is a terrible place for a Rebel fan to be.
I'm speechless with this post...

"Rebels lose in Starkville. Get used to it."

My god the Rebel fan base is so beat down it's disgusting.

Did you watch the game? IF we had a somewhat legit playcaller....we win that game by 3 TD's.

CHF has single handely lost us 4 games with his playcalling. This offense down in the Red Zone is nothing short of pathetic. It's killed this team.

Again, CHF has LOST us FOUR games alone because of the pathetic play calling. Running 150lb backs up the middle on short yardage situations EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Please, for the love of God line up under center just ONCE and do a QB SNEAK.

This post reeks of what is at Ole Miss...pure mediocrity.

You can be satisfied with it...

As for me?

This university won't get a dime for me again until they unload the brinks truck to bring a guy that's going to take us to BCS bowls instead of Liberty Bowls.

CHF=Mediocrity....end of story.
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:
Chucky_38 wrote: A tough loss to a good team. We were even with State all year.
Either you have watched a different Miss State team this year or our standards for what's considered "good" differ vastly. Other than us, Mississippi State has only beaten five other teams, all of whom are sitting at home with a losing record. They played three pitiful non-conference teams whom they beat. They had two wins in the SEC, both squeekers against the two worst teams in the SEC. They are on the lowest tier of the SEC and after last it appears that we are hovering around there as well. Miss State may be good in the realm of CUSA teams but they are very poor in the realm of SEC teams, which is where we are. If we can't beat a poor SEC team, then we will be lucky to ever see seven wins again, much less competing for a championship, which in my opinion is the only reason to participate in sports.
Thank God there is logic left in this forumn!

Goroth

Am I the only one left that sees Bo as the biggest problem for this team.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:

I'm not saying fire him, but at least give him the option Cutt got: new OC or resign!

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote:Am I the only one left that sees Bo as the biggest problem for this team.
I think we're sitting here not even talking about which bowl we go to without him. B/c without him we wouldn't be going to one.

He had a horrible game last night. If you wanna let one really bad game overshadow the good ones this year, then so be it.
Some Random Dude
Goroth

lewindha wrote:
Goroth wrote:Am I the only one left that sees Bo as the biggest problem for this team.
I think we're sitting here not even talking about which bowl we go to without him. B/c without him we wouldn't be going to one.

He had a horrible game last night. If you wanna let one really bad game overshadow the good ones this year, then so be it.
I never have been a part of the Bo for Heisman bandwagon. So let us not confuse that part. Would we be where we are, no. But is he the future of Ole Miss and the brightest spot on the team, no. This team needs a solid leader and someone that isn't so hot and cold. He hasn't been anywhere near impressive for much of this year. Outside of the LSU game. What big time game has he shined in at all. I don't care if you beat Troy and threw 25 TD's. He doesn't make choice reads very well. He doesn't look off safety's well. He focuses on the first option to often and to long. He isn't the future of Ole Miss and never will be as far as I can see it. The future is hopefully in a red shirt and waiting to play next year. But we will have to see that one won't we.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

No, I think there's one other guy here that feels that way. For two consecutive weeks CHF pulled Bo on 1st and goal. Freeze put zero confidence in Bo, and he finally played to Freeze's expectations!

proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote:
lewindha wrote:

I never have been a part of the Bo for Heisman bandwagon. So let us not confuse that part. Would we be where we are, no. But is he the future of Ole Miss and the brightest spot on the team, no. This team needs a solid leader and someone that isn't so hot and cold. He hasn't been anywhere near impressive for much of this year. Outside of the LSU game. What big time game has he shined in at all. I don't care if you beat Troy and threw 25 TD's. He doesn't make choice reads very well. He doesn't look off safety's well. He focuses on the first option to often and to long. He isn't the future of Ole Miss and never will be as far as I can see it. The future is hopefully in a red shirt and waiting to play next year. But we will have to see that one won't we.
I agree with this! But I'm blaming CHF for the decline we've seen since LSU! Bo didn't lose the last 2 games for us, CHF did.

Goroth

CHF is still wet behind the ears as far as SEC coaches go. I never expected him to win the SEC championship at all, ever. I do want to be proven wrong and I do want him to succeed here at OM. But I don't know if that will ever happen with what he has to offer us so far. It is completely possible with time and maybe some new more experienced, SEC caliber, staff that he just might do something incredible here. But it will take time. Hopefully if people really want him here they realize that and grant him the time to learn.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote:CHF is still wet behind the ears as far as SEC coaches go. I never expected him to win the SEC championship at all, ever. I do want to be proven wrong and I do want him to succeed here at OM. But I don't know if that will ever happen with what he has to offer us so far. It is completely possible with time and maybe some new more experienced, SEC caliber, staff that he just might do something incredible here. But it will take time. Hopefully if people really want him here they realize that and grant him the time to learn.
Again, Freeze gets the pass and Bo doesn't. I don't see Bo taking home million dollar paychecks.
Some Random Dude