Fire Freeze.....

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

mascott
3rd String
3rd String

As I have stated in the past....IMO it's the O-line. Not interested in getting in a PIz ing contest. GIVE him some time. It was a horrible loss but we are not there yet.
scott
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

mascott wrote:As I have stated in the past....IMO it's the O-line. Not interested in getting in a PIz ing contest. GIVE him some time. It was a horrible loss but we are not there yet.
scott

Just on computer (for that matter home) since the game. I read the first page and jumped to the last. To begin with I didn't like the fire freeze title. I understand that it wasn't meant as it appeared but its like telling your wife you want a divorce when you are mad at her and don't mean it. It's not a thing to do. Anybody who has watched msu play knew they had a chance. Anybody that had watched us knew we had a better chance. Now I quoted this last post because it is what I agree with. Our o line stinks. When a 6-6 team (regardless if it is msu or not) can stop your running game with 6 men in the box you have o line problems. I am not excited about a bowl cause if a 6-6 team can stop our run game with 6 in the box then there isn't a bowl eligible team we can beat. Last year Freeze worried like heck about us all having too high expectations. He doesn't have to worry about that with me this year. We basically have the same team coming back and they can't handle sec play at a level that warrants high expectations. 7 in the box to stop our run should be Alabama or Lsu defense good. 8 in the box should be a middle of the line sec team and some should need 9. Think about it, if you can rush the passer and stop the run with six in the box and rushing with no more than 4 your defense should be top 10 in the nation with turn overs coming your way every 10 min. Why turnovers? Cause the team will get frustrated and try too hard to make something happen. Bam! Interception! Either this team learns how to open a hole for a running back or 5 wins will be the best we do next year. Don't give me a run first qb and tell me that is the answer. It's not. The ability to run is important in college football but with out being a passing qb you become too one dimensional. Bo is not bad at what he does but when he presses it can be disaster. He was competing to win and got frustrated. That was a heart breaking loss for me because it really took the wind out of my sails for a year to come. I still have faith in Freeze cause I do know he believes in learning. He is not a coach that thinks he already knows it all. I seen too many of those type. Yet, we must learn to do a better job on the line of scrimmage. Its where you win the game.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:
mascott wrote:As I have stated in the past....IMO it's the O-line. Not interested in getting in a PIz ing contest. GIVE him some time. It was a horrible loss but we are not there yet.
scott

Just on computer (for that matter home) since the game. I read the first page and jumped to the last. To begin with I didn't like the fire freeze title. I understand that it wasn't meant as it appeared but its like telling your wife you want a divorce when you are mad at her and don't mean it. It's not a thing to do. Anybody who has watched msu play knew they had a chance. Anybody that had watched us knew we had a better chance. Now I quoted this last post because it is what I agree with. Our o line stinks. When a 6-6 team (regardless if it is msu or not) can stop your running game with 6 men in the box you have o line problems. I am not excited about a bowl cause if a 6-6 team can stop our run game with 6 in the box then there isn't a bowl eligible team we can beat. Last year Freeze worried like heck about us all having too high expectations. He doesn't have to worry about that with me this year. We basically have the same team coming back and they can't handle sec play at a level that warrants high expectations. 7 in the box to stop our run should be Alabama or Lsu defense good. 8 in the box should be a middle of the line sec team and some should need 9. Think about it, if you can rush the passer and stop the run with six in the box and rushing with no more than 4 your defense should be top 10 in the nation with turn overs coming your way every 10 min. Why turnovers? Cause the team will get frustrated and try too hard to make something happen. Bam! Interception! Either this team learns how to open a hole for a running back or 5 wins will be the best we do next year. Don't give me a run first qb and tell me that is the answer. It's not. The ability to run is important in college football but with out being a passing qb you become too one dimensional. Bo is not bad at what he does but when he presses it can be disaster. He was competing to win and got frustrated. That was a heart breaking loss for me because it really took the wind out of my sails for a year to come. I still have faith in Freeze cause I do know he believes in learning. He is not a coach that thinks he already knows it all. I seen too many of those type. Yet, we must learn to do a better job on the line of scrimmage. Its where you win the game.
I hope you're right. I've seen him make similar mistakes over the last two seasons that tell me he isn't learning. He's inexperienced and I guess that's what we signed up for, but, IMO, in the SEC you gotta learn faster than what I'm seeing.
Some Random Dude
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
bbqit wrote:
scott

I hope you're right. I've seen him make similar mistakes over the last two seasons that tell me he isn't learning. He's inexperienced and I guess that's what we signed up for, but, IMO, in the SEC you gotta learn faster than what I'm seeing.
What he said.
TLM 1961
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Freeze should be put on a very short time frame for our program, he must put the best players on the field. Bo is NOT the quarterback to move us forward, nor is Mathers or Walden the running backs. Play calling was terrible by CHF, our program has not moved forward because we go after bargain basement coaches, we want to move forward pony up the cash and make a quality hire.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

TLM 1961 wrote:Freeze should be put on a very short time frame for our program, he must put the best players on the field. Bo is NOT the quarterback to move us forward, nor is Mathers or Walden the running backs. Play calling was terrible by CHF, our program has not moved forward because we go after bargain basement coaches, we want to move forward pony up the cash and make a quality hire.
$500 says they give him another extension!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

TLM 1961 wrote:Freeze should be put on a very short time frame for our program, he must put the best players on the field. Bo is NOT the quarterback to move us forward, nor is Mathers or Walden the running backs. Play calling was terrible by CHF, our program has not moved forward because we go after bargain basement coaches, we want to move forward pony up the cash and make a quality hire.

Yeah........its Walton. So, visit other teams message boards often? I'm guessing you are an Lsux fan? Obviously not a Rebel, especially when you down Walton and Mathers. They are both highly talented running backs that will help us tremendously the next 2 years. Don't necessarily dis-agree with the qb statement, but those 2 at RB surely aren't a problem. LoL For you to say that shows your lack of intelligence. :D :D
TLM 1961
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Been a proud rebel longer than you have been alive most likely, and if you think under sized running backs are the way to go then you are fooling yourself. SEC is big boy football and we don't have the big boys at the key positions, Qb and running back position were our down fall this year, true enough our line wasn't great but with better personal behind them, they would have looked much better. We have three major concerns to address in the off season, two can be improved upon with recruiting, the other will take a personnel change or send CHF to SEC head coach school. he hasn't learned much leading us.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Walton and Mathers have contributed a lot to our offense! Do we need a "big back" to compete consistently? Absolutely! And HF needs one to sign in the next class.

For the record, I want CHF to succeed as long as he's leading the our coach! And I want pressure in his butt to win games and make smart decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TLM 1961
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Wasn't saying Walton and Mather's can't contribute, more along the line that a back who can run behind his pads and get past the arms tackles that seem to bring our backs down. I want our coach weather it's CHF or any other person coaching our team to be successful, but CHF should have some motivation placed upon him. As I recall in his speech after accepting the coaching position he stated " I understand the Rebel Nations desires to be prominent in the SEC and the national level", now is the time to set down with him to reinforce that message. Year three needs to have substantial improvement, top half of the SEC or HOT SEAT in year four.
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

"top half of the SEC or HOT SEAT in year four.". Now this I agree with completely.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

TLM 1961 wrote:Been a proud rebel longer than you have been alive most likely, and if you think under sized running backs are the way to go then you are fooling yourself. SEC is big boy football and we don't have the big boys at the key positions, Qb and running back position were our down fall this year, true enough our line wasn't great but with better personal behind them, they would have looked much better. We have three major concerns to address in the off season, two can be improved upon with recruiting, the other will take a personnel change or send CHF to SEC head coach school. he hasn't learned much leading us.

Age doesn't automatically make you right (get REALLY tired of hearing that on THIS board especially). Yes, we need a big back for short yardage situations. But Walton and Mathers aren't the short yardage problem, we had too many injuries on the O-line.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

cacreb2000 wrote:"top half of the SEC or HOT SEAT in year four.". Now this I agree with completely.
By year four, I would say be should be in the top 2 in the SEC West or in the hot seat!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

every other team's fans in the west think like this. we can't all win each year. somebody will always be on a hot seat because of it. yet before you light that fire look at how you lose before you judge losses. sometimes its cause the ball didn't bounce our way. I think a perfect example of that was our Alabama game. they fumbled 3 or 4 times in the first half but it was like the ball knew which way to bounce so a bama player could recover it. would we have won? doubt it but it would have made a different game. don't put the number of years to rid yourself of a coach as a auto decision. put in the quality of work he puts in. right now is recruiting better? yes. is our team playing better? yes. is our staff representing Ole Miss correctly? yes. there are many more questions and yes w's and l's play into it but not like what some folks think. these aren't coach o type losses we were hit with.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

bbqit wrote:every other team's fans in the west think like this. we can't all win each year. somebody will always be on a hot seat because of it. yet before you light that fire look at how you lose before you judge losses. sometimes its cause the ball didn't bounce our way. I think a perfect example of that was our Alabama game. they fumbled 3 or 4 times in the first half but it was like the ball knew which way to bounce so a bama player could recover it. would we have won? doubt it but it would have made a different game. don't put the number of years to rid yourself of a coach as a auto decision. put in the quality of work he puts in. right now is recruiting better? yes. is our team playing better? yes. is our staff representing Ole Miss correctly? yes. there are many more questions and yes w's and l's play into it but not like what some folks think. these aren't coach o type losses we were hit with.
EXACTLY! Why does everyone jump the bandwagon? I still believe we are on our way. (And I think Mullen desperately knows it, too.)