I think the reason

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
I don't think anyone here is asking for 12-2. But, I'd be lying if I said I'm fine with 7-5 when we should be 8-4 at worst and possibly 9-3 or 10-2
Yep.
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

Im not content with 7-5 at all. Just think these goofballs calling for freeze's head is getting rediculous.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

AtlantaRebels wrote:Im not content with 7-5 at all. Just think these goofballs calling for freeze's head is getting rediculous.
Yep
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Double, quadruple yep.
3rdR8Bromance
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Rebchuck18 wrote:
lewindha wrote:
I don't think anyone here is asking for 12-2. But, I'd be lying if I said I'm fine with 7-5 when we should be 8-4 at worst and possibly 9-3 or 10-2
Yep.
Rebchuck18 wrote:
AtlantaRebels wrote:I'm not content with 7-5 at all. Just think these goofballs calling for freeze's head is getting ridiculous.
Yep
If I may "pile on," I agree – disappointing finish (could be slightly mitigated, w/ a convincing bowl win. J/S), but I'm not quite ready to declare that a Nutt-esque collapse is imminent, for next season, either. We need immediate improvement, but if this season has revealed anything to me, it's that having stellar debut performances, from true freshmen, can still result in a 'mixed bag' overall (don't get me wrong; I don't think we could have asked/expected/gotten any better results, from last years recruiting class. But what began as 'great chemistry,' appears to have later yielded (devolved into) disappointing lapses, primarily from upperclassmen, which should never be).
CMB
2nd String
2nd String

oh I agree - we certainly had our chances and did not capitalize on them. Notice I did not say "could not" capitalize on them. What started out as a good season had an awful ending... My point was that it is only year 2 and these people calling for Freeze to be fired is crazy. Bringing in a new coach takes time to develop - you can't have a changing of the guards every 2 years. Sometimes coaches can come in and make an immediate impact depending on the type of players that are already there (like Auburn - hell Gus was there just 2 years ago as the OC - they are the type of players that run his offense already). Nutt had immediate success here and then what happened? So it can go both ways.

....... and I was also just trying to get under proud2b's skin a little bit to be honest! ha
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If someone could get our current players disciplined, like the greats manage to do, we could be on the fast track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chucky_38
All American
All American

After seeing what experienced 4th and 5th year players can do in a steady system they understand (Mizzou, Duke) I'm under the impression we leave Freeze alone and let him do whatever he wants. Be patient. It took Spurrier five years to break through at USC. Be patient. As long as Freeze is turning in winning seasons, do not make a single move. Do not Cut the guy. We may have won the west by now if we had left Cut alone.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

Chucky_38 wrote:After seeing what experienced 4th and 5th year players can do in a steady system they understand (Mizzou, Duke) I'm under the impression we leave Freeze alone and let him do whatever he wants. Be patient. It took Spurrier five years to break through at USC. Be patient. As long as Freeze is turning in winning seasons, do not make a single move. Do not Cut the guy. We may have won the west by now if we had left Cut alone.

I agree, but Ole Miss fans haven't been "patient" in awhile. LoL Give him some time, lets see what he can do.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm as peeohhed as anybody about the egg bowl but that doesn't mean I'm peeohhed at freeze. I still think our best is yet to come and it will be even better each year he recruits. that is if we don't *beep* up recruiting for him. lets enjoy our bowl, stack on a another bowl w to keep us in the top twenty of bowl victories and (I'm pretty sure top 5 but maybe higher) keep us at the top in bowl percentage wins.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:I'm as peeohhed as anybody about the egg bowl but that doesn't mean I'm peeohhed at freeze. I still think our best is yet to come and it will be even better each year he recruits. that is if we don't *beep* up recruiting for him. lets enjoy our bowl, stack on a another bowl w to keep us in the top twenty of bowl victories and (I'm pretty sure top 5 but maybe higher) keep us at the top in bowl percentage wins.
...seconded...
Randy
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky_38 wrote:After seeing what experienced 4th and 5th year players can do in a steady system they understand (Mizzou, Duke) I'm under the impression we leave Freeze alone and let him do whatever he wants. Be patient. It took Spurrier five years to break through at USC. Be patient. As long as Freeze is turning in winning seasons, do not make a single move. Do not Cut the guy. We may have won the west by now if we had left Cut alone.
Mizzou, yes! 11-1 in the SEC is no joke!

Duke, I don't know! 10-2 in there conference ain't great! That's why they're only ranked 20th. If they beat Florida State and get a BCS Bowl, I'll give you Duke! I don't want to be going to dinky bowl in 5 years.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

proud2breb wrote:
Mizzou, yes! 11-1 in the SEC is no joke!

Duke, I don't know! 10-2 in there conference ain't great! That's why they're only ranked 20th. If they beat Florida State and get a BCS Bowl, I'll give you Duke! I don't want to be going to dinky bowl in 5 years.
Me either, but if Freeze is 10-2 we go to a great bowl. Cause like you said, this aint the ACC.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

And if "if's" and "but's" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

proud2breb wrote:
rebeljim wrote:
proud2breb wrote:Yeah, and if no one loses their job after that do we accept it?

U need to change u name to something else. All u do is complain, never see a positive post from u. So your name doesn't fit u at all.
Jim, yes... Most if my posts the past few weeks have been negative! We have been going down hill during that time under coach's "leadership" and just lost to F-ing MSU, am I supposed to just pat Freeze on the back, hold his hand and sing cum-ba-ya? If I wasn't proud to be a rebel, I wouldn't be wearing my colors today. I wear my Ole miss gear every day, win or lose, and when a "non ole miss fan" says something bad about my university, I defend ole miss at all cost. I think that gives me the right to b.tch with fellow fans every now and then. I'm proud to be alumni, and I'm proud to be an Ole Miss Rebel! I'm admittedly not proud of CHF, his staff, or our football team today!

On changing my name... well, I tried but all the good names are apparently taken:

Cleanhouseorgo
Hfmustgo
Sux2bme
Cantbeatmsu
Tgfbisover
Goback2hs
Atlantaorbust

I really hope all of your bull-*beep* over the past few days is just frustration coming out. If you really, actually, truly believe in the avalanche of garbage pouring out of your finger tips in recent days, you're an embarrassment not only to Ole Miss football and her fans but to ALL college football in this country. IF... and remember, I'm saying IF you believe all this garbage, you're the ultimate fair weather, bandwagon, two faced, lying *beep* fan and you need to jump off an overpass.

I'd take the time to write a nice, logical, reasonable response, line by freaking line to your idiotic posts one by one, but I have neither the time nor the inclination to waste one more single second on your sorry, pathetic, worthless ass. ONCE AGAIN, assuming that you are not just venting. If you ARE just venting, ignore this entire post.
L. S. WHO?