Congrats to Auburn!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'll give you this, though.

If this is the direction we were going in, I don't know why Malzahn wasn't considered. Maybe he was. I don't know. But, if this was the direction decided upon, I think Malzahn would've been about the same level of hire.
Some Random Dude
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I see what you're saying. I.m still not sure why we went this direction knowing the fan base is sick of mediocrity.
3rdR8Bromance
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

lewindha wrote:I'll give you this, though.

If this is the direction we were going in, I don't know why Malzahn wasn't considered. Maybe he was. I don't know. But, if this was the direction decided upon, I think Malzahn would've been about the same level of hire.
What "direction" were you referring to, Eric, the HUNH, or just the smaller/'shifty' backs, -vs- a more power-oriented set? Or was it something else? Not trying to be a S/A, either, I just wasn't sure, exactly what you meant. :oops:

And for the record, @ the time that Freeze was hired, Malzahn had yet to be a Division 1 head coach, as well as him having a rather intimate understanding of Chizik's (in)competence, and the likelihood that an opening, for the HC on the Plains, was pretty high, sooner rather than later.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I took it that he was referring to an inexperienced, wet behind the ears coach.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:I took it that he was referring to an inexperienced, wet behind the ears coach.
Exactly. But, one with a championship ring.

But, we've got Freeze and I like him. Doesn't mean he can't make mistakes and I can't say he did. The State loss was inexcusable and something is up with our offense. They need to fix it ASAP.
Some Random Dude
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Well, if the "on field" performance didn't tell us there were problems, when your coach and QB are in a pi$$ing contest in the post game press conference you know there are problems with your offense going beyond the field.
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

lewindha wrote:
proud2breb wrote:Yeah, who wants to play in the SEC championship anyway.... It's overrated, right? Bring on one of the the 7-5 bowl games!
So if we had hired Malzahn instead of Freeze, we'd be playing in the SEC Championship? Stupid.

LoLoLoL I agree, VERY STUPID!