Can we now ALL get off of our HC's back?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

And let him do his thing? PLEASE?????????
If he fails, so be it. But I DO NOT think he will. This is the best bet we have had in 30+ years. You jerks that want to twang your thang, hey... you are the ones that are impeding progress. That's all I have to say.
Except.........................
Draw 'em in, Coach!
I've never felt this much that there was a plan in place that would work.
I SEE IT.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Who said he couldn't recruit?
Some Random Dude
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

[quote="BobReb"]... you are the ones that are impeding progress.

Thanks BOB, for making the point again, that those who have a differing opinion are automatically placed in the " impeding progess" category. I see this idea everywhere. People with a differing opinion are "labelled" as " traditionalists" or other terms of endearements. I suppose this will never stop.

I hope that CHF continues to "bring in " the best recruit. I hope these recruits will buy in to what CHF wants our teams to accomplish and they work their behinds off to get it done.
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Again nobody has questioned his recruiting ability. But if we are to just blindly praise every move he makes and not note obvious missteps then we might as well not have an opinion board. He is a very good recruiter. But as far as coaching I don't think it's blasphemy to say that the jury is still out. Think he is a good coach, but he needs to get better and with that salary increase he needs to get a whole lot better. The bar just got raised. And if things go bad it doesnt necessarily mean that the players didn't "buy in" to a good system or good coaching. Sometimes, in fact often times, it means that there are shortcomings in the system or the coaching. We can't continually blame every failure on the kids. At some point the burden and responsibility has to be on the guy making the millions. That time is now. Fans of every other SEC program would expect the same thing. We have been burned by claiming greatness in coaches too soon before. Never again. I think the guy can get it done, but he still has to prove it. We can talk about what he inherited, who he inherited... Etc etc. He inherited the players that were the keys to this phenomenal recruiting success. But the bottom line is what happens on the field. When he wins nine, he will be as successful as Nutt was. When he wins 10 he will be as successful as Cut was. When he gets us to Atlanta he will be the best since Vaught. Until then he is not. He is the promise... He is the hope... He is the potential. But right now he is the coach of the fifth best team in the SEC West. If that sounds harsh, well reality often is.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

To be fair to the guy we are EXTREMELY close. I mean take the last two years for example. It took heisman heroics on Manziels part to beat us in both games, we almost beat LSU last year and did this year, we played horrible at Auburn but could have come out on top had we not dropped numerous balls, and we played the worst game of the year in the egg bowl and yet who knows what would have happened had bo not fumbled into the endzone as he was about to score. We could have easily finished 9-3 the past two years. The talent that we are continuously getting will get us over the hump in those close games. Now, if we continue to bring in these top recruits and yet finish with only 6-7 wins on a yearly basis, then it will be time to worry. I doubt that will happen, though.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It took a horrible decision by Freeze last year for A&M to beat us and this year against Auburn we played so "horrible" that we outgained that "unstoppable" Auburn offense by 100 yards but Freeze killed us in the red zone with personnel musical chairs and questionable play calls. I know we are close. But part of the reason we are just "close" IMO has been his in game coaching, yet everybody gets blamed but him. I don't think "fairness" is an issue, I mean the guy did get a $1 million raise for a one game improvement. I think he may be being treated more fairly than any coach in America. I'm not sure any coach has been given more for "potential" than our coach.
loophole54
Water Boy
Water Boy

The main problem is simple lack of depth. The team wore down at the end of the season, and the ball didn't bounce our way against Mississippi State. That was a very tough loss, and has carried over to some members of this board. .

I can't help but believe that negativity on this board hurts the program. Potential recruits read this stuff, and we don't want to send a message of instability at the head of the program.--which there isn't, based on the salary increase.

Freeze is our head coach, and there is no instability, as reflected by his salary increase. Please leave him alone and let him coach the bowl game and hit the recruiting trail. Time will tell, but I strongly believe that the program is on the right track. We are VERY close with just one or two more strong recruiting years.

Just sayin'

Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If you want this to be a lock step board then fine. I praised him to the hilt after his recruiting class last year, After the 2012 Egg Bowl and Compass Bowl, and after Vandy, TX and LSU this year. But when he can't get a play in in time, or calls some trick play or does the disruptive QB shuffle, or gets a 50% raise I'm not going to just say "brilliant", because it is not. "Please leave him alone"? Really? You think opinions in an opinion forum hurt his bowl preparation?? This is not some little kid getting abused on the playground. This is a head coach in the best conference in the country who makes $3 million! If anything on this board impacts his success then we got the wrong guy. I happen to think we may have the right guy, because I've seen glimpses of solid coaching to go along with very good recruiting. But he still has to prove it on the field, and until he does the jury is out and it is fair to question the direction or his coaching.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I honestly can't find a post where anyone is "on his back" or in any way interfering with his coaching.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:If you want this to be a lock step board then fine. I praised him to the hilt after his recruiting class last year, After the 2012 Egg Bowl and Compass Bowl, and after Vandy, TX and LSU this year. But when he can't get a play in in time, or calls some trick play or does the disruptive QB shuffle, or gets a 50% raise I'm not going to just say "brilliant", because it is not. "Please leave him alone"? Really? You think opinions in an opinion forum hurt his bowl preparation?? This is not some little kid getting abused on the playground. This is a head coach in the best conference in the country who makes $3 million! If anything on this board impacts his success then we got the wrong guy. I happen to think we may have the right guy, because I've seen glimpses of solid coaching to go along with very good recruiting. But he still has to prove it on the field, and until he does the jury is out and it is fair to question the direction or his coaching.
Clearly it's affecting recruiting. Just two 4 stars yesterday, that's all.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

That 'horrible' call against A&M was necessary. Our defense was gone. They had just gone 99 yards in something like 3 plays. They could've started in the parking lot and scored in a matter of minutes. Freeze had to roll the dice, hoping to gain a yard or 2. No oline, and we don't make it. We still have no oline. Some of the QB changing is because Freeze has had some issues with Bo. Bo lost a game or 2 for us this year, A&M and state. Better decision making and we win both games. And that awbarn game, while we had a chance to win, isn't a bad lost like u was saying when u said they weren't that talented, and with a DB at QB. That DB is better than anything we have at QB. And they have MUCH more talent than we do. And it'll get a little more one sided since they're having another top 10 year in recruiting. And nutt can't carry Freeze's jock strap. nutt underachieved every year he was here. He ran off Snead. How about that egg we laid at USC while we was ranked 4th in the country on a Thursday night. Or that egg we laid in the egg bowl that same year. Bet u can't fine one person that would take nutt over Freeze. Freeze ain't perfect, and no one said he was. He has messed up several times, but hopefully will learn from it. He's stocking us with actual talent. I like his offense, although not crazy with our DC. And if he and Bo can get on the same page, we may have a pretty good year next year. Bo's arm should be a lot better with an offseaon to get stronger. Our oline should be a little better also if we don't have injuries there, still not deep. When Freeze came here, we was at the bottom of the SEC, the worst team. In 2 years I think we've done pretty good, good enough to give some false illusions.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Totally disagree about the A&M game. Bo made some mistakes, but playcalling wasn't great either.

After the game, Freeze said, it was a run/pass option and Bo chose the pass, but Freeze said he would've run the ball(throwing him under the bus?). Then a day or two later, Freeze said looking at the D and coverage, that Bo made the right call. My question is, 3 minutes left in a tied game against the reigning Heisman trophy winner, why in the world do you let your QB have an option. Especially if he's as bad as everyone says he is. You're the HC, you make that call. Period.

You guys make the excuse for Freeze about O-Line being gone, but Bo doesn't get the same excuse? I mean, his play is pretty much directly affected by O-Line play.

When we criticize Freeze's playcalling, there are a myriad of factors like no depth, lack of talent, injuries, etc. Everyone said when Tunsil went down in the State game that killed us. And it did. But, why does Freeze get the excuse and Bo doesn't? He was running for his life back there almost every time he dropped back. Did he make some bad decisions and throws? Heck yes he did. But, he doesn't get the same excuse b/c? I don't know why.

It's always a depth, talent, injury(didn't seem to matter against LSU), or a Bo issue. Freeze just got a million dollar raise, but he can't be held accountable for anything.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:Totally disagree about the A&M game. Bo made some mistakes, but playcalling wasn't great either.

After the game, Freeze said, it was a run/pass option and Bo chose the pass, but Freeze said he would've run the ball(throwing him under the bus?). Then a day or two later, Freeze said looking at the D and coverage, that Bo made the right call. My question is, 3 minutes left in a tied game against the reigning Heisman trophy winner, why in the world do you let your QB have an option. Especially if he's as bad as everyone says he is. You're the HC, you make that call. Period.

You guys make the excuse for Freeze about O-Line being gone, but Bo doesn't get the same excuse? I mean, his play is pretty much directly affected by O-Line play.

When we criticize Freeze's playcalling, there are a myriad of factors like no depth, lack of talent, injuries, etc. Everyone said when Tunsil went down in the State game that killed us. And it did. But, why does Freeze get the excuse and Bo doesn't? He was running for his life back there almost every time he dropped back. Did he make some bad decisions and throws? Heck yes he did. But, he doesn't get the same excuse b/c? I don't know why.

It's always a depth, talent, injury(didn't seem to matter against LSU), or a Bo issue. Freeze just got a million dollar raise, but he can't be held accountable for anything.
I'm not coming on here post after post blaming Bo like some are Freeze. I expect Bo to come back next season and give us a good year. But the way the season ended with Bo did disappoint. I'm just saying yall need to take a chill pill on all this anti Freeze crap. 2 years ago, there wasn't a team in the SEC worse than us, no one. Now we're going into year 3 with pretty high expectations. I think that says a lot about the job Freeze is doing. It'll take 3-4 years to get what we need in the trenches. And that's where u win the games, in the trenches. Right now we aren't there. Next year we should be closer. U can't win without the talent, and I think Freeze is showing he can get the talent. Yall need to stay on the band wagon until it's obvious Freeze ain't the one. And u know what, I doubt Freeze disappoints anyone. But with some on here, that won't happen, and the anti Freeze crap will continue until he proves yall wrong. Then Dr. X will make another appearance, and the Nellies will cry foul.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

You never complain about the Bo haters. Just the Freeze haters. I don't hate Freeze. I like him, I think he's doing a good job. Better than good. But, that doesn't mean he isn't making mistakes.

If you guys are so worried about recruits getting on here and my post somehow changing their mind about Ole Miss, why in the world would a QB want to come to Ole Miss? I guess players can lose games, but coaches absolutely can't.

I question Freeze's playcalling and I'm a negative nellie. Yet, not once have I said he needs to be fired. Plenty on here have talked about how bad our QB is and how he needs to be replaced. You guys are talking about actual players, but my negative posts are what's gonna drive those 4* recruits away.
Some Random Dude
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

if someone criticizing a play call or otherwise criticizing a coaching decision kept recruits away, then Alabama would never have any recruits. There is no more demanding fan base than the Alabama fan base. Every coach faces some criticism, but none like the Alabama coach.