Congratulations to Bo Wallace

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

batman50 wrote:And, how many bubble screens did Eli throw???? Just sayin.

I almost threw something at the TV when I heard the TV announcers make this same analogy.......
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
JustBlues wrote: Wait... so Princess Leia may be our next QB?
Hope she wears the latest gold chain bikini by Nike!
She did lead an intergalactic rebellion... and won. So I'd be OK with that.

Kincade may, or may not be as good as Wallace. I know the coaches really like him. They really like Buchanan, too. I think this redshirt year will have helped Buchanan more b/c I don't think he was as polished or physically ready as Kincade might be.

But, I say Bo is the guy from day one next year. I suspect there will still be musical QB chairs next year with Kincade. I just hope he's a much better passer than BB.
Some Random Dude
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

From the video I have seen of Kincaide he looks like another Brunetti to me. As bad as the announcers were yesterday I thought Huard nailed it when taking about "wasted plays" with Brunetti.
theghostofcolonelreb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Y'all cannot the see the forest for the trees, and there's a really big tree you're all missing:

285 pound QB Jeremy Liggins

Hugh has heard the roars from the crowd, "we want a bell cow back", and he has the answer...
A bell cow quarterback that eats the skinny likes of Kincades and Buchanans for breakfast, quite possibly literally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The only two things in life that make it worth livin'...
Are guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:From the video I have seen of Kincaide he looks like another Brunetti to me. As bad as the announcers were yesterday I thought Huard nailed it when taking about "wasted plays" with Brunetti.
There were a couple of different SBNation bloggers tweeting about it last night. Sort of 'live blogging' the game. Every time BB went in, the guys just tweeted 'Hugh Freeze everybody'. I detected sarcasm.
Some Random Dude
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

theghostofcolonelreb wrote:Y'all cannot the see the forest for the trees, and there's a really big tree you're all missing:

285 pound QB Jeremy Liggins

Hugh has heard the roars from the crowd, "we want a bell cow back", and he has the answer...
A bell cow quarterback that eats the skinny likes of Kincades and Buchanans for breakfast, quite possibly literally.

I predict that Liggins plays on the defensive line. I think that Alford may be the big bodied running back that we need. I think that they both play key roles next year.
theghostofcolonelreb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Why you no detect my sarcasm above?

Liggins is either 25lbs over being a QB or 25 shy of being a nose tackle, and possibly diabetic.

Anthony Alford will play Safety, me thinks.

The only two things in life that make it worth livin'...
Are guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:From the video I have seen of Kincaide he looks like another Brunetti to me. As bad as the announcers were yesterday I thought Huard nailed it when taking about "wasted plays" with Brunetti.
There were a couple of different SBNation bloggers tweeting about it last night. Sort of 'live blogging' the game. Every time BB went in, the guys just tweeted 'Hugh Freeze everybody'. I detected sarcasm.
I swear it wasn't me... I wouldn't know a blog if it bit me in the ass ;)
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
lewindha wrote:
I swear it wasn't me... I wouldn't know a blog if it bit me in the ass ;)
My point there was it's not just you and me. These were folks with no affiliation with Ole Miss that find that stuff just as baffling as we do. I know one of them was the blogger for the South Carolina equivalent of Red Cup Rebellion.
Some Random Dude
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:
My point there was it's not just you and me. These were folks with no affiliation with Ole Miss that find that stuff just as baffling as we do. I know one of them was the blogger for the South Carolina equivalent of Red Cup Rebellion.
That would maje sense, because Lord knows Spurrier is guilty of the same thing from time to time.
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:
Oh so now Bo shouldn't get any credit for records because of Hugh Freeze's offense. Guess what, Montana threw more short passes than Bradshaw, don't think that was held against him. It is inconceivable to me that so many people can not understand that this kid is the most important and most productive player we have on this team and the most important and most productive offensive player we have had in 10 years. Without him this offense is pedestrian and predictable. He was our leading passer AND our leading rusher yesterday! He is the second most prolific passer in the best league in America, second only to that freak of nature at A&M! I guess he won't be fully appreciated until he is gone because I don't think we have a worthy successor for him on our roster yet.
No, he should get the credit he deserves. But I dont care how many records he breaks, he isn't close to Eli when he was here. Imagine Eli with all the weapons we have now! Not taking away from what he did, but he isn't the best qb to play at ole miss this decade. I dont care how many records he breaks.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

batman50 wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:
Oh so now Bo shouldn't get any credit for records because of Hugh Freeze's offense. Guess what, Montana threw more short passes than Bradshaw, don't think that was held against him. It is inconceivable to me that so many people can not understand that this kid is the most important and most productive player we have on this team and the most important and most productive offensive player we have had in 10 years. Without him this offense is pedestrian and predictable. He was our leading passer AND our leading rusher yesterday! He is the second most prolific passer in the best league in America, second only to that freak of nature at A&M! I guess he won't be fully appreciated until he is gone because I don't think we have a worthy successor for him on our roster yet.
No, he should get the credit he deserves. But I dont care how many records he breaks, he isn't close to Eli when he was here. Imagine Eli with all the weapons we have now! Not taking away from what he did, but he isn't the best qb to play at ole miss this decade. I dont care how many records he breaks.
Eli played under Cut, Wallace is playing under Freeze. That is a MAJOR difference. I use to get so mad with Cut having Eli throw all those 2 yard sideline passes. We had the best QB in the nation, and we didn't have him throwing downfield near as much as he should.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote:
Eli played under Cut, Wallace is playing under Freeze. That is a MAJOR difference. I use to get so mad with Cut having Eli throw all those 2 yard sideline passes. We had the best QB in the nation, and we didn't have him throwing downfield near as much as he should.
Ah yes, the 2 yard sideline pass on 3rd and 8...remember those well. Just to add to the discussion, for anyone to suggest that the starting job is not Bo's is inexplicable to me. He doesn't have to "earn" the job, he has to lose the job.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote:
rebeljim wrote:
Ah yes, the 2 yard sideline pass on 3rd and 8...remember those well. Just to add to the discussion, for anyone to suggest that the starting job is not Bo's is inexplicable to me. He doesn't have to "earn" the job, he has to lose the job.
I fully expect Bo to come in and have a very good year.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

and just think, if Bo were to get hurt next year, the player who has thrown the next most passes in a game will be Laquon Treadwell...