I'm glad Ritter is gone.

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

One LSU win does not make up for all his failures.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

He has definitely had some iffy moments, and seeing as how his dad is my best friend I will recuse myself except to say when you look at the positive side of the ledger also include his many kickoffs into the end zone and the 52 yarder before half against Texas, which changed the momentum to our favor. Carry on...
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm sure he is a great person and at time a great kick off man. I'd go for two the rest of this game and go for it on 4th down inside the 40.
rebel556677
Scout Team
Scout Team

Need to go hard after the kicker from Memphis
Just another day being better than State.
3rdR8Bromance
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I guess I can kinda understand, getting caught up in the moment, and he certainly had a bad game, but I do not recall him costing us a game (admittedly, that could be just 'dumb luck,' but I'll take it), and the fact that we didn't have to spend a scholly on a kicker, last year, was significant, IMHO. He & Tyler taking the redshirt(s) in 2012 was important, in building this program. Most of all, I hate it for him, that this will be how he goes out. Personally, this game will not define for me, how I remember Andrew Ritter. He's a Rebel, in perpetuity (as it should be).
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It will also not define it for Andrew. He has a useful degree, he is engaged to be married. He's a sharp young man. He will work out for NFL teams but he is well prepared for real life. He also understands that criticism is part of his gig, as does his father....and his father's friend 8-) the long snapper's dad is also a close high school friend. Their other son pitches for the Rebels. Pretty cool to watch kids of my friends playing for the Rebs!
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Andrew is a great young man who was given the opportunity to kick field goals this year in the hopes of being more valuable to NFL teams. I think with a little better coaching on that level he can go far. He does kick a low ball at times, but a good coach can get him out of that quickly. The thing he has is a very strong, active leg which is looked upon on the next level highly. I think he will get the opportunity to try out a lot in the NFL. His fiancee is in a buddy's tailgate and really a great young lady. And the Ritter's are a great family. You can tell them that too if you wish. I hate to see him go myself.
theghostofcolonelreb
Scout Team
Scout Team

I hate it for him, am disappointed for me, and question the special teams coach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The only two things in life that make it worth livin'...
Are guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Players come and go. I love all my Rebels and hope the best for them in the future.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebel556677 wrote:Need to go hard after the kicker from Memphis
We'er getting the top kicker in the country next year out of Memphis.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hate it for Ritter, seems to be a great kid.

Just got back to Dallas and haven't watched the replay yet, but where the blocks solely on low trajectory or was it a combo of that and a good inside push.....the gold post clanga looked like a knuckle ball....

Interesting on the end of the half drive, I was watching Freeze and Ritter both, wondering if he would give him a chance...wasn't even a thought....Freeze never conferred and Ritter never came close to the field, I was praying it wouldn't come down to a FG for a win. Truly believe his confidence was shot.

As another said, I think he could have a future if somebody would work with him, the kid has a leg and it accurate for the most part.....but he has got to be taught how to get the ball up...
Randy
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

rewalters wrote:Hate it for Ritter, seems to be a great kid.

Just got back to Dallas and haven't watched the replay yet, but where the blocks solely on low trajectory or was it a combo of that and a good inside push.....the gold post clanga looked like a knuckle ball....

Interesting on the end of the half drive, I was watching Freeze and Ritter both, wondering if he would give him a chance...wasn't even a thought....Freeze never conferred and Ritter never came close to the field, I was praying it wouldn't come down to a FG for a win. Truly believe his confidence was shot.

As another said, I think he could have a future if somebody would work with him, the kid has a leg and it accurate for the most part.....but he has got to be taught how to get the ball up...
it was his usual low kicks... I have often wondered why sine he can kick from 60 yds out why they don't back his tee up on extra points and let him kick away....why keep the tee so close to the LOS?
Later,
Hagar
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The missed FG was just a bad knuckleball kick. The extra point was a low kick combined with one of those 6'7" Aussie Rules football guys on Ga Tech.
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:The missed FG was just a bad knuckleball kick. The extra point was a low kick combined with one of those 6'7" Aussie Rules football guys on Ga Tech.

LoL Now he's 6'7"? LoL The commentators said he was 6'6", then 6'5". The running back (according to the commentators) was 5'7" in the first half, and 5'6" in the second half! LMAO!!!!!! Just thought that was funny.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Dude is tall. Other dude is short.