Tad Pad magic is over

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Getting spanked in a "must win" game. Sadly we looked better vs UK in Lexington. Under-coached?
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

If you switched coaches and kept the teams the same an AK led UK would still smoke a Calipari led UM.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hey, we are making a game of it now!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Then the "real" AK Rebels show up to finish the game!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

wildthang80 wrote:If you switched coaches and kept the teams the same an AK led UK would still smoke a Calipari led UM.
No way! I completely disagree with this! The talent of these two teams is close enough! The talent of those two coaches is too far apart!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:
wildthang80 wrote:If you switched coaches and kept the teams the same an AK led UK would still smoke a Calipari led UM.
No way! I completely disagree with this! The talent of these two teams is close enough! The talent of those two coaches is too far apart!
For u to say our talent is close to Ky.'s is laughable at best. They have a team full of NBA talent. Fla.[obviously] and Tn. has more talent then we do. Mo. and LSU probably do as well. And those teams have very good talent coming in next year. We can't rebound this year, and it's not going to be fixed this year. The only bigs we have that are any good are freshmen, and they're not strong enough. Cox is horrible and Jones is too thin. I thought we would be better this year and boy was I wrong. We might be going after a juco big man, which we need badly. Anyway, AK needs to somehow fix this rebounding problem by next year, or it'll be another one like this year.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebel556677
Scout Team
Scout Team

Perhaps the next head basketball coach can fix the problem down low.
Just another day being better than State.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

So we started out pretty good.

Then, the 'experts' told us we had to win certain games. We don't win any of them.

Now, we're making excuses for next year, already.

This sounds like every other year.

Jim, do you think this team is good enough to make the tourney?

I do. We should've beaten either K. State(who is looking good right now) or Oregon(who is no longer in the 'receiving votes' category of the polls). No way we should've lost to Dayton and Mercer at home. We should've beaten State at State and Bama at Bama. We do that and we're sitting at 21-5 instead of 16-10.

The team has their deficiencies for sure, but they have not played up to their potential in key games.

I'm sure it's the Tad Pad's fault or something. I'm positive NONE of this can be pinned on Kennedy, so I look forward to 8 more years of underachieving.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:So we started out pretty good.

Then, the 'experts' told us we had to win certain games. We don't win any of them.

Now, we're making excuses for next year, already.

This sounds like every other year.

Jim, do you think this team is good enough to make the tourney?

I do. We should've beaten either K. State(who is looking good right now) or Oregon(who is no longer in the 'receiving votes' category of the polls). No way we should've lost to Dayton and Mercer at home. We should've beaten State at State and Bama at Bama. We do that and we're sitting at 21-5 instead of 16-10.

The team has their deficiencies for sure, but they have not played up to their potential in key games.

I'm sure it's the Tad Pad's fault or something. I'm positive NONE of this can be pinned on Kennedy, so I look forward to 8 more years of underachieving.
With our lack our rebounding, no this team isn't good enough to go dancing. The freshmen bigs haven't come along as fast as I hoped. I knew international players were slow. But they are being exposed this year. And since Cox nor Jones are capable, it ain't happening this year. Eric, we are probably 6th best as for as talent is concerned this year, so I think we're getting all we are going to get right now. Plus, we're still operating on the 14th best budget out of 14 teams, so really, AK is doing more for us than we are for him. And since he's the only coach that has a winning record in conference, in our history, and after this year will be the 3rd winingest coach in SEC history after 8 seasons, he gets more time. But that's just me.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote:. Plus, we're still operating on the 14th best budget out of 14 teams, so really, AK is doing more for us than we are for him. And since he's the only coach that has a winning record in conference, in our history, and after this year will be the 3rd winingest coach in SEC history after 8 seasons, he gets more time. But that's just me.
That essentially eliminates the argument that you can't win/recruit basketball at Ole Miss. Just curious, any idea where AK ranks among SEC coaches in NCAA tournament appearances?
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote:
rebeljim wrote:. Plus, we're still operating on the 14th best budget out of 14 teams, so really, AK is doing more for us than we are for him. And since he's the only coach that has a winning record in conference, in our history, and after this year will be the 3rd winingest coach in SEC history after 8 seasons, he gets more time. But that's just me.
That essentially eliminates the argument that you can't win/recruit basketball at Ole Miss. Just curious, any idea where AK ranks among SEC coaches in NCAA tournament appearances?
If it's so easy to recruit players to Ole Miss, why hasn't anyone else's done it? And if they did, why do they have a losing conference record? We have a losing record against EVERY SEC team. Why do u think AK's recruiting internationally? Did u read the interview by Sergio I put in the LR? He said if a recruit leaves Ole Miss without committing, we don't get him. Most this board wants Andy fired, but it's not gonna happen. Not right now anyway.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yes, UK's freshmen will eventually be in the NBA. But now they are "freshmen". Can we agree that AK is not a stellar coach? If so, how of you explain us even playing with UK if the talent of our experienced guys isn't "close" to the level if UK's freshmen? That's all I'm saying! And YES, I firmly believe Calipari could coach our guys beat those same UK players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GtownRebel
All American
All American

rebeljim wrote:
rebelbear wrote:
If it's so easy to recruit players to Ole Miss, why hasn't anyone else's done it? And if they did, why do they have a losing conference record? We have a losing record against EVERY SEC team. Why do u think AK's recruiting internationally? Did u read the interview by Sergio I put in the LR? He said if a recruit leaves Ole Miss without committing, we don't get him. Most this board wants Andy fired, but it's not gonna happen. Not right now anyway.
If you want to recruit with the best, you have to contact the AAU coaches and get on their list. $$$$ talk. If you aren't going to play the game, then you go internationally. Enough said.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

And that's why we'll probably never be a player for top talent in basketball. Our big money people don't care near as much about basketball as football, so we know where their emphasis is. And it's become clear that international players need time to bulk up to play here. Watching Saiz against the UK big men, big difference. They had muscles, where Saiz is just lean. He didn't get here until Aug. last year, so no work in the weight room before the season. Hope he stays in Oxford this summer instead of playing overseas so he can bulk up some.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote: If it's so easy to recruit players to Ole Miss, why hasn't anyone else's done it? And if they did, why do they have a losing conference record? We have a losing record against EVERY SEC team. Why do u think AK's recruiting internationally? Did u read the interview by Sergio I put in the LR? He said if a recruit leaves Ole Miss without committing, we don't get him. Most this board wants Andy fired, but it's not gonna happen. Not right now anyway.
I didn't say it was easy, said it was not impossible. If he is the 3rd winningest coach in SEC history after 8 seasons as you said, then that shows you can win at Ole Miss in basketball. Problem is he hasn't won the big games. After Tuesday night, AK said the problem had to be fixed in recruiting. That's something a coach in his first, second, or even third year would say. That is not a legitimate excuse for a coach in his 8th year. For the record, I don't want AK fired; I do want him to have a competitive team. That comes through recruiting AND coaching.