State Game 3

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebs up 6-0 after 4 innings. 10 hits in the game so far. Couldn't have asked for a better start...now to finish out the rest of the game. I won't feel easy until the last out is made.
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

Love the start but like you I'll feel better when its over
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Yep. It ain't over 'til it's over. I'm sure we all felt we had last night's game with a 5-2 lead going into the bottom of the 10th. If we close this game out and take the series, we'll still have all our goals attainable: hosting, maybe a national seed, hosting a Super and finally a trip to Omaha.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I gotta say this, even though the game isn't over. With a 9-0 lead in the sixth, our guys look like they came out 'mad as hell and they weren't gonna take it anymore.' If this holds up, it's just the type of mental toughness we need to get over the hump after four mediocre seasons. Looks to me like State is the team that got emotionally exhausted by last night's game and doesn't have anything left. Couldn't happen to a better buncha cowbell ringers!

BTW, our RPI right now is 6. Another road win would likely put it in the Top Five. If we close this one out, good job, coaches and players!
pilotreb
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Titles 'R Us wrote:I gotta say this, even though the game isn't over. With a 9-0 lead in the sixth, our guys look like they came out 'mad as hell and they weren't gonna take it anymore.' If this holds up, it's just the type of mental toughness we need to get over the hump after four mediocre seasons. Looks to me like State is the team that got emotionally exhausted by last night's game and doesn't have anything left. Couldn't happen to a better buncha cowbell ringers!

BTW, our RPI right now is 6. Another road win would likely put it in the Top Five. If we close this one out, good job, coaches and players!
It would show a completely different mindset from the Virginia debacle
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

12-2 after 8. Offensive explosion today. Awesome response after yesterday. Rebels showing who the better team is.
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

Great game after a heartbreaking loss last night.
scott
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Big time win. Frustrating not to get the sweep, but I thought our guys played extremely well all weekend. Yesterday they played in front of the largest crowd to ever watch an on campus college baseball game. And that's in front of a crowd tht would rather watch us lose then watch their team win. Really important to steal a series on the road with lsu comin to town. Hopefully we stay focused and take care of business.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

When all is said and done, State was fortunate not to be swept. We are a much better team with a regional host spot as an attainable goal. This State team is going nowhere after being pre-season ranked #2.

Edit: The Sunday win over State earns Ole Miss #5 RPI. If the bids were handed out today, OM would be a national seed. So, we're still in the mix big-time. Other teams with Top RPI's are: #1 Florida; #2 South Carolina; #3 Texas; #4 Florida State; #6 La-Lafayette; #7 Indiana; #8 Virginia and #9 Houston.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:When all is said and done, State was fortunate not to be swept. We are a much better team with a regional host spot as an attainable goal. This State team is going nowhere after being pre-season ranked #2.

Edit: The Sunday win over State earns Ole Miss #5 RPI. If the bids were handed out today, OM would be a national seed. So, we're still in the mix big-time. Other teams with Top RPI's are: #1 Florida; #2 South Carolina; #3 Texas; #4 Florida State; #6 La-Lafayette; #7 Indiana; #8 Virginia and #9 Houston.
South Carolina lost their series this weekend and Houston got swept by Louisville
Some Random Dude
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Huge response to deflating loss. That's not something we've seen in a few years.
Some Random Dude
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

It's certainly encouraging. LSU is next, another test. But LSU lost their Sunday game against Arkansas and is playing Southern on Tuesday in New Orleans. Not sure that's a good move when their series with Ole Miss starts on Thursday, and Southern goes all out to beat SEC teams--with the chip on their shoulder they have.

But it's up to us to be rude hosts to them and take care of business. We can have a great season--it's all in our hands.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It's easy to coach when your bats are hitting and your defense is playing good to go along with great pitching. Still, Bianco and company did a great job of getting them focused on the task at hand and keeping the foot on their throats all afternoon.

Game3 was a curb stomping.
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

Ain't Bianco great!! :lol: :lol:
scott
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

That's a tough job...players make a mistake and it's bad coaching. Players play great and they're just making the coach's job easy.