SEC tournament bracket: OM vs winner of Ark/A&M

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/Portal ... racket.pdf

I like the draw but if I'm reading the bracket correctly it seems as if we win then we will possibly face Florida on Thursday.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

No, if we win Wednesday, on Thursday we play the winner of LSU vs Vandy/TN.

By the way Vandy is the 6 seed in the SEC, we are 2 seed, and Vandy is supposed to get a national seed???? Something doesn't smell right!
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

The committee is charged with looking at each team's overall body of work. As Rebchuck has documented, Ole Miss has a more impressive body of work than either South Carolina or Vandy. On the OM/A & M broadcast, Ben McDonald stood up for the SEC like the legend he is. The SEC is the #1-rated RPI league in the country. He thinks the SEC should get at least three national seeds. So, the talk is that the ACC is going to get three. But guess what? They are the #3-rated RPI league in the country. Say what? Not much excuse not to consider at least three national seeds for the SEC.

So, let's pull for Tennessee to send Vandy packing in the one-and-done games on Tuesday. For Ole Miss and South Carolina to win 40+ games overall each in the toughest league in the country, and for Ole Miss to win 19 games in the conference means that both are deserving of national seeds (especially since South Carolina took the head-to-head--barely).

But let's not mince words here. There are some big-league SEC-haters out there, especially on committees. Ole Miss still needs to win as many as possible from here until selection to tie their hands and force them to do the right thing by the SEC.
loophole54
Water Boy
Water Boy

We play Arkansas tomorrow.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I guess we are after the 10:30 game?
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I don't have a good feeling facing Oliver again. He killed us with his change up. He's going to be a first rounder next week for a reason