Has anyone else seen the Elite dawgs thread on

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

why MSU will be better then us this year? If you haven't and you want to either A) get fuming mad or B) laugh, go over there and check it out. For those that can't stomach it, here are some of the reasons listed:

1. Dan Mullen is a better coach and has developed an offensive team that can't be stopped as easily as OM.
2.Our defensive line may be good but our LB corp is lacking talent and our defensive backfield is overrated.
3.Our offensive line is one injury away from us not being bowl eligible (this is the only one that has a shred of truth)
4.Overall, our offense is a finesse offense that will have major issues scoring on the top tier defenses in the SEC
5. Dak will be a Heisman candidate and we don't have one of our own.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I don't get the Dak love. His stats were pedestrian last season. He has potential, but even if he improves ten fold this season he still isn't a Heisman contender.
Some Random Dude
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:I don't get the Dak love. His stats were pedestrian last season. He has potential, but even if he improves ten fold this season he still isn't a Heisman contender.
And that's OK. Teams have won a lot of games with non-Heisman winning QB's. I just don't get the insistence by these guys.
Some Random Dude
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I actually like Prescott as a QB. Like his size and toughness. I love toughness in a QB. It's one of the things I like about Bo. But much of the credit being given Prescott is based upon the Liberty Bowl performance and you need to consider the opponent. I do think that he is the key to MSUs offense, just as Bo is for us, and as most QBs are to their team.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

lewindha wrote:I don't get the Dak love. His stats were pedestrian last season. He has potential, but even if he improves ten fold this season he still isn't a Heisman contender.

SSSSsssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, pile on that Dak for Heisman pressure. Pile it on THICK and HIGH.

Heisman pressure ALWAYS seems to work out great for MS schools...
L. S. WHO?
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

oxpatchreb wrote:

SSSSsssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, pile on that Dak for Heisman pressure. Pile it on THICK and HIGH.

Heisman pressure ALWAYS seems to work out great for MS schools...
Agree...though I still think Eli was better than Jason White.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:why MSU will be better then us this year? If you haven't and you want to either A) get fuming mad or B) laugh, go over there and check it out. For those that can't stomach it, here are some of the reasons listed:

1. Dan Mullen is a better coach and has developed an offensive team that can't be stopped as easily as OM.
2.Our defensive line may be good but our LB corp is lacking talent and our defensive backfield is overrated.
3.Our offensive line is one injury away from us not being bowl eligible (this is the only one that has a shred of truth)
4.Overall, our offense is a finesse offense that will have major issues scoring on the top tier defenses in the SEC
5. Dak will be a Heisman candidate and we don't have one of our own.
I know that no one here really needs convincing, but I can't resist the urge to examine each of those points:

1. Who is the "better" coach is a matter of opinion. It would be curious to hear what they base that opinion on. Which crafts offense that are easier to stop is a little more quantifiable. We gained 6153 yards last year and they gained 5647. Not a huge difference, but if ours was too easy to stop what does it say about theirs?
2. Deterrian Shackleford, Serderious Bryant and Denzel Nkemdiche have all been named all-SEC at some point.
3. We have depth problems on the offensive line. So do they.
4. Against SEC defenses, we gained 3372 and they gained 3252-- almost dead even.
5. We don't have a legitimate Heisman candidate this year. Neither do they.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Here's the thrad if anyone wants to read it.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.ph ... OM-in-2014
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

A typical thread from COTSU. (Chip On The Shoulder University) Or, if you prefer, that oldie-but-goodie: TIOSBU (This Is Our State Billboard University). They gots t'yell loud so everybody will pay attention to 'em!
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

As far as who is the better coach, as I said that is a matter of opinion. They have broken even against each other with a small sample size. However, here are some interesting numbers. Mullen has won seven division games in five years. Freeze has won five division games in two years in the same division. Keep in mind as well that three of Mullen's division wins were against a self-destructing Ole Miss under Houston Nutt.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

a few months ago both cbs sports and Jessie palmer said the same thing. dak was hiesman material and msu has a nfl defense. to begin with I have not heard that much praise towards a team in a long time. maybe never. I knew the day I learned what those two said that after july 4th rabid coyotes would not be able to contain their emotions. it is something you will have to deal with until they lose 2 games.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:a few months ago both cbs sports and Jessie palmer said the same thing. dak was hiesman material and msu has a nfl defense. to begin with I have not heard that much praise towards a team in a long time. maybe never. I knew the day I learned what those two said that after july 4th rabid coyotes would not be able to contain their emotions. it is something you will have to deal with until they lose 2 games.
anybody that actually believes what sports talking heads say deserves the disappointment that they will encounter.