Random thoughts from Atlanta

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

1. Most folks in Atlanta were nice and helpful. Yes this is the south
2. Riding MARTA was a great way to get to the game!
3. Enjoyed the College football hall of fame. A great experience!
4. Acoustics in the Georgia Dome were horrible. Folks in my section could
Not hear that there was actually an invocation given.
5. Glad I was not sitting in the section where folks threw their beer cups into the air
When we scored!
6. Glad we won!
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:1. Most folks in Atlanta were nice and helpful. Yes this is the south
2. Riding MARTA was a great way to get to the game!
3. Enjoyed the College football hall of fame. A great experience!
4. Acoustics in the Georgia Dome were horrible. Folks in my section could
Not hear that there was actually an invocation given.
5. Glad I was not sitting in the section where folks threw their beer cups into the air
When we scored!
6. Glad we won!
1. Yep. Very helpful people at our hotel and the stadium.
2. Riding marta was not an option for us for a variety of reasons but i am glad that it worked well for those who used it. Driving was not too awful except the gps did not know that streets were blocked for stadium construction. Once i figured out atlanta, we got to where we needed to go without too much pain and suffering. Thanks to those fans who did take advantage of marta for helping make traffic manageable for those of us who couldn't.
3. Since the hall of fame closed quite a while before the game, we couldn't take advantage of it. I look forward to visiting one day.
4. I couldn't hear anything for quite a while. We saw the honor guard and stood quietly during the prayer and anthem, but only caught snatches of the words and music. I hope the people who showed irreverance during both just did't see what was going on.
5. The handicapped section was great and safe.
6. Yep. I am still hoarse and hope that i recover in time to cheer in nashville. Daddy loved his first live game in over 40 years. People were so kind to start with and especially once they saw his army retired cap. There is hope for humanity after all.
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I felt the College Football HOF was a complete and utter waste of $20. We were all very disappointed in it.

Between MARTA and Uber you never have to drive if you dont want to. And it's much cheaper and easier than parking

Alcohol sales stopping at halftime was BS. Although probably good for me. I struggled just to make the walk from TacoMac to the dome lol

Atlanta has some of the best overall local pizza joints in the south.

Braves game Friday was great. As excited as I am for the new stadium, a piece of me will always be at Turner. Lots of great memories there throughout my childhood, college years, and mid twenties.
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

We parked in the yellow lot for alcohol purposes. But yes. It was hell. I'mfrom north AAtlanta and I couldn't make heads or tails of the situation. We carried 30 dollars cash cause that's been the max for Falcons games and such but I suppose they figure college folk got some money so we had to pass the prime blue lots (I think) but the ones right across the street. But the yellow lot was 30 and turned out nice. Was hot. Ha. I hope after the construction is complete it gets better. Sorry folks as a local
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If you get out of Atlanta without being mugged, they were nice to you by Atlanta standards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk