At this point we know what we're getting with Bo

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Going into last night we were all hoping Bo would be a changed man in every facet of his game but the reality is that just isn't the case. Bo always has been a guy that will make some plays and then turn around and make a ridiculously stupid decision. If he throws those same pics against any SEC team we will be blown out of the stadium. I mean he was so bad at times last year and last night that it would've made sense to put someone else in and let Bo think about how he needs to quit making stupid decisions. I hope Bo plays much better from here on but all evidence points to this is just who he is: a guy that will make some plays mixed in with very stupid ones. With that type of player we will never truly make it to the next echelon of the conference.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I actually agree for the most part. It's what I've been saying about Bo....decision making. Some people kept posting all these quarterback rankings and Bo was usually low, we'll last night was proof in the pudding. The only thing we can hope for is that last night he was amped up and first game jitters got the best of him because all 3 should have never been thrown. I've said it before and say it again. Bo can make or break this season, let's hope it's not the latter.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I don't think Bo can take us to the next level. Between his decision making, and his lack of arm strength, he is what he is.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

The interception in the end zone was just and INCREDIBLE play by their DB. The other two, Bo got caught eyeballing the receiver. On the first TB to Cody Core, Bo did an outstanding job of looking off the safety before coming back to Cody. I expect Bo to recover nicely and put up some great numbers in the next several games.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

WildRebel wrote:I actually agree for the most part. It's what I've been saying about Bo....decision making. Some people kept posting all these quarterback rankings and Bo was usually low, we'll last night was proof in the pudding. The only thing we can hope for is that last night he was amped up and first game jitters got the best of him because all 3 should have never been thrown. I've said it before and say it again. Bo can make or break this season, let's hope it's not the latter.
Time to stretch your legs and go "whew". Boise State, INMO, is going to run through their conference. They were a pretty darn good first game opponent. They really were.
Yes, I hoped we would run through them like Hercules.
On the other hand, now they maybe understand that nothing is given to you. IT IS TAKEN.
Therefore, my take in this is that our D (because I do believe BS is talented, and will win their conference) proved themselves to be legit.
Offensively, they need to settle down, get back on track. Just take what they give you, and move on.
After watching Vandy break their ankles, and/or knee joints/ and/or pride...
They HAVE to win this game. Season's over if they don't. So they will be very much in the hunt for an upset, now even more so.
I actually had a guy say to me today that he liked the way the game rolled. We've often been out in front only to squander it in the fourth. Made me think about it a bit.
Point is, we CAN still do this. GOREBS!!!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

CrossroadsReb wrote:The interception in the end zone was just and INCREDIBLE play by their DB. The other two, Bo got caught eyeballing the receiver. On the first TB to Cody Core, Bo did an outstanding job of looking off the safety before coming back to Cody. I expect Bo to recover nicely and put up some great numbers in the next several games.
It's not about the numbers. Bo does put up nice stats, but he puts our defense in bad spots a lot of times. Round of applause to our defense for playing lights out Thursday, who knows how it would have turned out without them. Again, Bo can still make our season a success if he starts to make better reads, but this CAN NOT happen when we get to the meat of our schedule.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

All what y'all say is true but when you start first and fifteen every set of downs a qb like Bo will begin to try to make something happen. That's not what we need. We need to get him in the right rhythm early in the game and he will be fine the rest of the game.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I read that Matt Luke made an adjustment at halftime to have the O-Line go on a silent count because Boise's D was calling, "Shift!" and making people jump. I don't think we had more than one false start in the second half. As for Bo, he was trying to force the ball and doing too much, according to his own admission, in the first half. He redeemed himself in the second half.

My opinion has always been that way too much is read into the first games of all teams. Yes, we can get clues, but we can also be mislead by perfect storm games and other factors. My take is that we played a conference winner in Boise that went all out to pull the upset. It was a good opening test for us. The media took us to the woodshed afterwards, but it doesn't matter what they think. All that matters is that we go for the jugular against a seriously-wounded Vandy team and go from there. I expect us to be 4-0 going into the 'Bama game based on the improvements we will make from the second game forward.

I do have a comment on A & M and South Carolina. Some in-depth interviews with A & M players and Sumlin (who is going to end up sooner rather than later in the NFL--probably Dallas) indicate that Sumlin played the disrespect card all summer. To a man, they all said in their interviews that they were sick and tired of being told that they were a one-trick pony without Manziel. I also think that Spurrier and Company merely showed up thinking they had a cakewalk in front of them. You can never do that in a league as tough as the SEC.

So I don't think South Carolina is as bad as they showed, and I also think A & M can be schemed by a good D-coordinator from here on. All I heard Friday was how A & M was unbeatable now and that they would walk away with the West, if not the SEC title. Returning to my original point: way too much is read into first game results. I'll leave it at that for now.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

What our team really needs is a pure, old fashioned blow out vs. Vandy. We haven't blown an SEC opponent out in a very long time. Since 2008. We need to step on the gas against Vandy and take it to them.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

jrebel87 wrote:What our team really needs is a pure, old fashioned blow out vs. Vandy. We haven't blown an SEC opponent out in a very long time. Since 2008. We need to step on the gas against Vandy and take it to them.
Absolutely. It appears that Derek Mason is one of those capable coordinators who is just not ready for prime time. We should dominate this game. We also need to win big to let backups get reps.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:I read that Matt Luke made an adjustment at halftime to have the O-Line go on a silent count because Boise's D was calling, "Shift!" and making people jump. I don't think we had more than one false start in the second half. As for Bo, he was trying to force the ball and doing too much, according to his own admission, in the first half. He redeemed himself in the second half.

My opinion has always been that way too much is read into the first games of all teams. Yes, we can get clues, but we can also be mislead by perfect storm games and other factors. My take is that we played a conference winner in Boise that went all out to pull the upset. It was a good opening test for us. The media took us to the woodshed afterwards, but it doesn't matter what they think. All that matters is that we go for the jugular against a seriously-wounded Vandy team and go from there. I expect us to be 4-0 going into the 'Bama game based on the improvements we will make from the second game forward.

I do have a comment on A & M and South Carolina. Some in-depth interviews with A & M players and Sumlin (who is going to end up sooner rather than later in the NFL--probably Dallas) indicate that Sumlin played the disrespect card all summer. To a man, they all said in their interviews that they were sick and tired of being told that they were a one-trick pony without Manziel. I also think that Spurrier and Company merely showed up thinking they had a cakewalk in front of them. You can never do that in a league as tough as the SEC.

So I don't think South Carolina is as bad as they showed, and I also think A & M can be schemed by a good D-coordinator from here on. All I heard Friday was how A & M was unbeatable now and that they would walk away with the West, if not the SEC title. Returning to my original point: way too much is read into first game results. I'll leave it at that for now.

You are exactly right. At any level, you are never as good or as bad as you think. I agree with a lot of your points.

O Line was bad, without jumping, still bad. D
RB play was solid A-
QB wildly inconsistent C-
WRs played well A-
D Line was solid, but not physically dominant B-
Linebacker play was thin due to Denzel, then Sedarius two hand touch rule. Lewis and others played hard... B-
Secondary is the strength of the team. We might have the best safeties in college football A+...

We should be on a different level than Vandy. Next week, and every other week until Bama should be about us getting better, not who we are playing. Interested to see what happens. I will say Bo looked better mechanically. His throwing motion had less of a hitch, but I would be lying if I said I was not really concerned about his play.. (Always have been)
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

jrebel87 wrote:Going into last night we were all hoping Bo would be a changed man in every facet of his game but the reality is that just isn't the case. Bo always has been a guy that will make some plays and then turn around and make a ridiculously stupid decision. If he throws those same pics against any SEC team we will be blown out of the stadium. I mean he was so bad at times last year and last night that it would've made sense to put someone else in and let Bo think about how he needs to quit making stupid decisions. I hope Bo plays much better from here on but all evidence points to this is just who he is: a guy that will make some plays mixed in with very stupid ones. With that type of player we will never truly make it to the next echelon of the conference.
Too early to call. It's one game
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I agree it's too early! Vandy was pathetic in Week 1, so I think we kill them even if we only play 1 Quarter again. Our first challenge is Bama. They didn't look great, but we all know Saban will have them ready by our contest. We'll get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heath
All American
All American

CrossroadsReb wrote:The interception in the end zone was just and INCREDIBLE play by their DB. The other two, Bo got caught eyeballing the receiver. On the first TB to Cody Core, Bo did an outstanding job of looking off the safety before coming back to Cody. I expect Bo to recover nicely and put up some great numbers in the next several games.
I watched the game again. And I agree with you that the DB made a great play on that INT in the end zone. BUT, that ball should have never been thrown. There were 3 defensive backs there. And, Wilkins came out of the backfield and was WIDE open. Now, would he have scored if the ball were thrown to him? Maybe, maybe not. But, at least we could have kicked a field goal and came away with 3. Those type of decisions will cost us against much better SEC Defenses. We cannot get that close then come away with nothing. Hopefully Bo gets his act together and starts making better decisions.