Rebs wearing the #38...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hagar wrote:Shame that the #38 helmets would have been an NCAA violation, but glad to see the powder blue's. I know several have posted their dislike for the powder blue helmets, but they are my personnel favorite.

I wondered about that. So is our admin REALLY that stupid that we spent money on helmets we couldn't wear? Or did we think there was a loophole. Those helmets aren't cheap! That money could have gone towards all the campus improvements.

do you really think we buy new helmets for every game...all we did was change the stickers/decals... those are cheap... Geez wake up and think out of the box for once. We probably did buy the powder blues... but the 38 was just stickers.
No, but I think those were new. Even if they weren't "new helmets", I guarantee you the modification of existing helmets wasn't free! Do you think the coaching staff and players put on decal stickers in the exact same location of every helmet in their spare time? If they were modified, it was contracted out, and that's not free. All I KNOW is that it was a complete waste of time and/or money!
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

proud2breb wrote:
Hagar wrote:Shame that the #38 helmets would have been an NCAA violation, but glad to see the powder blue's. I know several have posted their dislike for the powder blue helmets, but they are my personnel favorite.

I wondered about that. So is our admin REALLY that stupid that we spent money on helmets we couldn't wear? Or did we think there was a loophole. Those helmets aren't cheap! That money could have gone towards all the campus improvements.

do you really think we buy new helmets for every game...all we did was change the stickers/decals... those are cheap... Geez wake up and think out of the box for once. We probably did buy the powder blues... but the 38 was just stickers.
No, but I think those were new. Even if they weren't "new helmets", I guarantee you the modification of existing helmets wasn't free! Do you think the coaching staff and players put on decal stickers in the exact same location of every helmet in their spare time? If they were modified, it was contracted out, and that's not free. All I KNOW is that it was a complete waste of time and/or money!
Ole Miss has an Army of Jock Sniffers who are ready willing and able to do anything the team wants done...watch the Movie RUDY and you can see Notre Dame painting their helmets every Game.
Later,
Hagar
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm done ranting, but fiscal responsibility is one of my soap boxes. Hotty Toddy!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:

It was a marketing plan. Team did warm-ups in traditional navy helmets. When they return to field for game they wore the powder blues. Plan is to auction off navy/38 and powder blues later. Yall need to calm down and give our administration a little credit. This isn't the Pete Boone regime.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote:
proud2breb wrote:

It was a marketing plan. Team did warm-ups in traditional navy helmets. When they return to field for game they wore the powder blues. Plan is to auction off navy/38 and powder blues later. Yall need to calm down and give our administration a little credit. This isn't the Pete Boone regime.

now this makes sense to me.
Later,
Hagar
TLM 1961
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

value of powder blue's a lot higher with victory over Alabama while wearing them.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

TLM 1961 wrote:value of powder blue's a lot higher with victory over Alabama while wearing them.

Agreed! And I'd buy one of the #38 helmets signed by the entire starting defense!
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Hagar wrote:
proud2breb wrote:
TLM 1961 wrote:Shame that the #38 helmets would have been an NCAA violation, but glad to see the powder blue's. I know several have posted their dislike for the powder blue helmets, but they are my personnel favorite.

And we have plenty of $$$$

;) ;) ;)
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
cajunrebel

rebeljim wrote:This isn't the Pete Boone regime.

You mean we won't have fireworks during the day?!?
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Hagar wrote:
proud2breb wrote:

Ole Miss has an Army of Jock Sniffers who are ready willing and able to do anything the team wants done...watch the Movie RUDY and you can see Notre Dame painting their helmets every Game.

Go to the OLE MISS football page and read an article that talks about how the powder blues came to be used and how it was accomplished..
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

Nope, don't like the powder blues at all. See how Bo played in one? Would have done MUCH better if we had used the navy blue helmets.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

beastbutler65 wrote:Nope, don't like the powder blues at all. See how Bo played in one? Would have done MUCH better if we had used the navy blue helmets.

really????
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

Compare how he played in the powder blue against how he played in the navy blue.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

beastbutler65 wrote:Compare how he played in the powder blue against how he played in the navy blue.
Remind me.... What color was the helmet versus Boise St the first 3 quarters?
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

proud2breb wrote:
beastbutler65 wrote:Compare how he played in the powder blue against how he played in the navy blue.
Remind me.... What color was the helmet versus Boise St the first 3 quarters?
Yep, the same navy blue that he wore in the next NINE quarters to play as he did. He did not play worth a flip in the powder blues for three quarters.

Do we want the curse of the powder blues to continue?

Seriously, if that is the way we play when honoring Chucky Mullins, the color of the helmets won't matter a hill of beans.

Much is being made about bulletin board material. All that maters is whether we play good enough to win.