Alabama prediction thread

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Okay here we go. The cupcake days are over . I think the Rebs play well in this one but since it's bama I don't see us pulling it off. Something will happen that screws us over .

Rebels -17
Bama-27
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Good... Now hopefully Corso will put on the Elephant head. Then we would have more than a shot.. I have no numbers over the years, but seems like majority of the time, when you think we will lose, we win.. I was more confident that we would be smoked against the Tighas last year, than any other game in my life. Really don't have a huge feeling about this game one way or another... Bo has to be as good as he was against LSU for us to win.. The Electricity in the stadium will help..

Rebs 20
Tide 24

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/spor ... /16515819/
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Bama 17
Om 13

Could see it being much worse though.
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Sorry but I don't see much different results from seasons past.

Alabama 38
Ole Miss 13

Please please please let me be wrong. I would be happy to eat crow for weeks to come.

Edit: 38 is a lot of points to give up for our defense but I think our offense will contribute some to that total.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

RebnPhilly wrote:Sorry but I don't see much different results from seasons past.

Alabama 38
Ole Miss 13

Please please please let me be wrong. I would be happy to eat crow for weeks to come.

Edit: 38 is a lot of points to give up for our defense but I think our offense will contribute some to that total.

Just read Bo's career numbers against the Tide... Career high in yardage is 159 and has never thrown a td.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:
RebnPhilly wrote:Sorry but I don't see much different results from seasons past.

Alabama 38
Ole Miss 13

Just read Bo's career numbers against the Tide... Career high in yardage is 159 and has never thrown a td.
Hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see us climbing the ladder with Bo as our QB. He's our best bet this year, really our only bet, but that's not saying anything. QB is our second weakest position in my opinion behind the OL. Hoping Bo makes me look stupid with these remarks starting this Saturday.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

To heck with it all. Either you have victory or you have defeat. Sometimes, yes indeed, sometimes there is a real choice to be made.

I choose victory with a final score of Ole Miss 21 and Alabama 7. It is time.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I have difficulty seeing our defense fall apart. This should be a low-scoring game. Over/under around 30. Rebs get more of the 30 than the Tide does. That is all.
55chevy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I think if we win the turnover battle we win the war. If we win on turnovers I'm saying 24-20 OM. If we lose the turnover battle I'm saying 27-17 Bama. I think our defense gives up their first real touchdown of the season and hope they can slow Alabama down. After Saturday we will know just how good they really are. Alabama has had problems with up tempo offenses in the past. I hope that continues and we can make first downs and keep the chains moving. It may be more hope than belief at this point but I'm a Rebel fan and I'm picking OM.
Diamond Jim
Water Boy
Water Boy

Bama-31
Ole Miss- 20

Ole Miss will get 10 points off of 2 Bama turnovers. Bama will get 7 points off of 2 Ole Miss turnovers.

Ole Miss will be up at halftime 13-10, with 3 points mostly due to a successful trick play. Cooper will be held in check for the first half. Bama will make adjustments at halftime. Ole Miss will open the second half with a TD drive consisting of bubble screens and one long pass. It will be the Rebel's last score. Bama will then pound the ball for an entire series for a TD. Bama will add 2 more TDs in the 4th via pass but mostly to receivers other than Cooper. In the end, Cooper will be held to half his usual stats, making him look average, which will be the Rebel's moral victory and fuel for the sportscasters to voice doubt about Cooper's Heisman chances, that Florida was a fluke for him and that the Sims/Cooper + Kiffin combo is not quite so special but just average. Meanwhile, sportscaster will ignore the fact that Ole Miss played at an elite level, would have of beaten FSU that day were FSU the opponent, and say that Ole Miss hasn't quite arrived yet because they lost to Bama. Next week Ole Miss will dominate Texas A&M, winning by 13 points. Rebels will wonder why they couldn't do that to Bama. The answer will be better coaching and play calling from Bama and the pressures to win on Ole Miss along with the distractions of ESPN GameDay.
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

State beats LSU...anything can happen!

Freeze's Choir Boys - 24
Satan's Minions - 20
Attachments
10635713_516908655111355_4373096226462530512_n.jpg
10635713_516908655111355_4373096226462530512_n.jpg (20.33 KiB) Viewed 3568 times
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
darylscook
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Ole Miss 16
Alabama 14
-----
Go Rebs!!
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

As bad as I hate this. Tide 24 Rebs 20.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Florida put up 21 pts on Bama, Southern Miss put up 12 pts, Fla Atl put up a goose egg, West Va put up 23. Those games were all different weeks.

Bo had the worst game of the year last week. Bama doesn't have the defense they had last year, and mark my words "we will score at least 21 points."

Whether that be enough to win, remains to be seen. I think we win a nail biter:

Rebels 23
Bama 21
TLM 1961
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Ole Miss 31
Bama 12

Defense wants to show everyone just how good it is, Offense struggles in first quarter, then awakens and pulls away.