WHAT!!!!!!! Report: Ole Miss under investigation for rules v

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Anyone hear anything? I just heard about it.

Report: Ole Miss under investigation for rules violation
http://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/593679

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TLM 1961
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Mostly women basketball, but looking at some thing from when Nutt was here.
ReconRebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Yeah, I saw it this morning and I find the timing of this ''breaking story'' rather suspicious .
Of course if you watched the Thursday games on ESPN they ran the ''story'' on the bottom of
the screen every 3 minutes or so. Apparently the current staff is not involved but that didn't
keep the obnoxious Georgia fans where I live from voicing the; " I knew they f***ing cheated"!
I can only imagine the misguided satisfaction the delusional State supporters are feeling.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

From what I read, they tossed a few minor football violations "from a prior staff" in with the investigation of the women's basketball program that we knew was coming. My guess is that the women's basketball program will face some kind of sanction but that it won't be too serious since we fired the coach. Since every school has some minor violations and since the football violations occured before anyone current was there, I doubt much if anything will be done with the football program. No letter of allegations has been sent or anything so this is the very very early stages. The only reason it made the news is that someone took a chance and filed a freedom of information request and got "lucky" when they found an investigation in the early stages. Usually these things don't go public until there is a letter of allegations generated. So far this invesitgation is nothing more than hundreds out there that go unreported. It certainly will get bigger on the women's basketball side, as we know that there was wrongdoing there. On the football side, we'll see, but what I think will happen is we won't hear any more about it until certain fans of a certain other school on a certain Erectile Dysfuntion website say something like "hey whatever happened to that investigation of TSUN's obvious cheating?" "Oh, they bought their way out of it just like everything else. If it had been us we would have gotten the death penalty but fortunately our coach is a pillar of virtue and wins the good old fashioned way".
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I also thought the timing was "suspicious"... As ReconRebel pointed out. I immediately thought Bama fans were behind it.

A distraction is just what we need before the big game.

RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I don't believe this old news will have any effect on our coaching staff or current players but it may cause concern for some recruits that are attending this weekend no matter how irrelevant to the current staff and administration. I would turn this around by claiming these scare tactics by our conference foes merely illustrates the positive of what is happening at Ole Miss and how worried they are.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

The fact that Bjork immediately fired the women's basketball coach responsible for the violations a year or so ago should put this to bed. As for who is responsible for getting this info released at this time, I'd look to Starkville first. There is always plenty of cowdung in the pasture over there.
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

yeah If anybody needs to have their football program investigated it would be the one visiting Oxford Sat. The greatest recruiter in the history of the game? yea right
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

When A&M kicks the cow dung out of the Bullpups this weekend, they'll get their much-needed reality check. I don't usually bet, but it's hard to pass on that game with MSU favored by 2.5 pts. Easy Money!