Bama Game

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I read every post on this thread.....and the level of "fair-weatherfan-ism" on it was deafening........just wow.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

badmotorfinger wrote:I can't believe all of the Freeze and Bo hate on this thread! I don't think a single person here has mentioned how good the Alabama team, especially their defense, is. I made a comment during the first half that the play calling was terrible. Well, it got much more aggressive in the second half. About the running plays that were called; good offenses HAVE to have balance. I can promise you, had Freeze given up on the run, including up the middle and between the tackles, this game would have been a disaster. Some of you might even be thankful he had the guts to call those plays as we approach the meat of the SEC schedule.

Now for Bo. Any QB that has a guy in his face will not make an accurate throw. Granted, he did miss on a couple easy throws but it seems to be the standard for some of you that the QB has to be perfect. He didn't throw an INT. I thought he played a damned good game.
Last year during our loss to bama, Freeze gave up on the run and we lost. Think he learned his lesson as he refuse to give up on it this time. For those that bad mouth Freeze, do u not realize how far we've come in just these 3 years? And the future NEVER looked so bright.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
badmotorfinger wrote:I can't believe all of the Freeze and Bo hate on this thread! I don't think a single person here has mentioned how good the Alabama team, especially their defense, is. I made a comment during the first half that the play calling was terrible. Well, it got much more aggressive in the second half. About the running plays that were called; good offenses HAVE to have balance. I can promise you, had Freeze given up on the run, including up the middle and between the tackles, this game would have been a disaster. Some of you might even be thankful he had the guts to call those plays as we approach the meat of the SEC schedule.

Now for Bo. Any QB that has a guy in his face will not make an accurate throw. Granted, he did miss on a couple easy throws but it seems to be the standard for some of you that the QB has to be perfect. He didn't throw an INT. I thought he played a damned good game.
Last year during our loss to bama, Freeze gave up on the run and we lost. Think he learned his lesson as he refuse to give up on it this time. For those that bad mouth Freeze, do u not realize how far we've come in just these 3 years? And the future NEVER looked so bright.
I will never get why you guys think just b/c someone criticizes some play calls they want Freeze fired. As a fan watching the game and watching Freeze continue to run up the middle for no gain, it is immensely frustrating. Especially when we have success throwing the ball downfield. I understand it better now(see the thread I started in the locker room), but that doesn't mean in the moment we get frustrated. It's up to the coaches and players to stay level headed, game plan, and execute. Fan is short for fanatic, you guys get that right?

I in no way want Freeze going anywhere. I was wrong about his hiring and apparently for griping about the raise, also. I still say the Treadwell pass and whatever he tried with Liggins was dumb.

We won a huge game. And I could say the same thing to people who get down on Bo all the time. He just out-dueled Sims who was the ONLY QB getting any praise by anyone before and during this matchup. And after for that matter(see some of our fans and Mark May).

Let's celebrate and get ready for the next game instead of chastising some folks who get emotional during the game and vents on a freaking internet message board.
Some Random Dude
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

And something else I'll mention so you guys don't think I hate Freeze. I don't follow Kennedy on Twitter for obvious reasons, but I do follow Bianco and others involved in athletics at Ole Miss. They have all been tweeting praises and excitement during the week and after games in support of the football team. Both Bianco and Kennedy were very visible this weekend(I now Kennedy had a huge recruit in town). Bianco has tweeted praise for the football and basketball teams before, but not to this extent. I attribute all of this to Freeze and Bjork. Freeze has been very vocal and visible at baseball and basketball games. He has tweeted about other sports relentlessly(see what I did there). I think his excitement for all things Ole Miss has rubbed off on everyone. And I think Bjork will be d*** near impossible to replace.
Some Random Dude
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

One thing that stands out in my mind is 20-3 in the second half, that screams half time adjustments. How many times have we complained that we suck at making half time adjustments? This year has been all about half time adjustments, what a breath of fresh air!

Freeze made the comment after the game......on the fumble right before halftime, as bad as it was, the coaching staff saw something they thought the could exploit....and adjustments were made.....NICE JOB COACHING STAFF!!!
Randy
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rewalters wrote:One thing that stands out in my mind is 20-3 in the second half, that screams half time adjustments. How many times have we complained that we suck at making half time adjustments? This year has been all about half time adjustments, what a breath of fresh air!

Freeze made the comment after the game......on the fumble right before halftime, as bad as it was, the coaching staff saw something they thought the could exploit....and adjustments were made.....NICE JOB COACHING STAFF!!!
I've always thought this team made great half-time adjustments. I just wish they could make them quicker. I always worry that we may get too far behind and no adjustments will be able to help. That probably won't happen with this defense this year, though. I remember being down at Texas last year, looking at my buddy, and both of us were like, "Yeah, we're good".
Some Random Dude
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

lewindha wrote:
rebeljim wrote:

I will never get why you guys think just b/c someone criticizes some play calls they want Freeze fired. As a fan watching the game and watching Freeze continue to run up the middle for no gain, it is immensely frustrating. Especially when we have success throwing the ball downfield. I understand it better now(see the thread I started in the locker room), but that doesn't mean in the moment we get frustrated. It's up to the coaches and players to stay level headed, game plan, and execute. Fan is short for fanatic, you guys get that right?

I in no way want Freeze going anywhere. I was wrong about his hiring and apparently for griping about the raise, also. I still say the Treadwell pass and whatever he tried with Liggins was dumb.

We won a huge game. And I could say the same thing to people who get down on Bo all the time. He just out-dueled Sims who was the ONLY QB getting any praise by anyone before and during this matchup. And after for that matter(see some of our fans and Mark May).

Let's celebrate and get ready for the next game instead of chastising some folks who get emotional during the game and vents on a freaking internet message board.
I think my frustration was more toward the "Bo sucks" comments. Totally uncalled for. At times I have vented about Freeze's game management and play calling, which I thought was terrible in the first half. At least we're not like Bama fans who all think their coach can do no wrong. I think the foremost responsibility for a head coachis to get the players to play to their full potential. Freeze is very good in this regard. To come back and win after the no-call face mask fumble showed a lot of resiliency and mental fortitude. Much of that is great coaching!
Rule #1.......Don't panik
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rewalters wrote:One thing that stands out in my mind is 20-3 in the second half, that screams half time adjustments. How many times have we complained that we suck at making half time adjustments? This year has been all about half time adjustments, what a breath of fresh air!

agree!
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

beastbutler65 wrote:I was at the game. These comments reflect pretty much how I felt as the game moved along. My wife said at the half that all we needed was an opportunity. The Alabama fumble did it!

I prayed a lot during this game. I cried and I prayed. Our REBELS did NOT give up even when the refs gave Alabama that td on the forced face mask fumble.

Coach Freeze and the team are to be congratulated for being tougher that we are. For being able to believe in themselves when we couldn't or wouldn't. For fighting and fighting and fighting until they got the win.

Yes, I hollered and yelled in the first quarter when we had to waste two timeouts on the play calling. Yes I doubted when our play calling and failure to catch passes seemed to create confusion on the offense. All the time, the defense kept on slugging away.

We were behind 14-3 at the half. That means that Alabama scored 3 points in the second half and we scored 20. Cody Prewitt was correct---Alabama is not as good on defense as they were last year.

Regardless of all the warts, all the apparent confusion on play calling, all the runs up the middle for no gain, and all the stupid arm chair qbs, including me, on this thread, the REBELS kept on fighting until they won the game!

I am ashamed that I did not have confidence in them to do what they did. I have been convinced now. I will not doubt them again.
Thanks for the honesty here. I'm definitely one of the emotional types who gets into the game. I pretty much call it like I see it in a play by play basis, but I bleed red and blue!

At the end of the game, all I care about is who got the most points! Hotty Toddy! Watch out A&M!
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

I have posted comments as the game is played and looked rather silly after the game is over! I will still do it though for I am a fanatic and get very emotional during the games.

Agree, at the end just win!