Trae Elston

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

AgTailgater
Water Boy
Water Boy

How will his suspension effect the OM secondary for the first half? Wasn't his backup the player that just left for the Bluejay's organization?
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We are incredibly talented in the back end of our defense, including some very athletic freshmen, and that is despite three season-ending injuries and two that left the program. We burned a couple of redshirts on the talented freshmen as a result, but we are solid. Alford left both because he was offered more more and because the young talent was pushing him for playing time. We will still have a solid three safety rotation without Elston and when he comes in the game rested in the second half, it will just let some of the others rest.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I guess I missed this. Why was he suspended?
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

proud2breb wrote:I guess I missed this. Why was he suspended?
He "kicked" Kenyan Drake when he was on the ground. Looks like he was kicking at the ball (which was unnecessary considering he was on the ground anyway). Got a lot of bad press because Drake was badly injured and the clip got played over and over. Freeze went ahead and suspended him and he will face no further punishment.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Looked clean to me [emoji6]
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

I watched the clip several times and it was a silly thing to do. Kid was already down and it made no sense to kick at the ball.

Pumped up young'uns will do silly things at the worst possible moment.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It was a late whistle and he kicked at the ball. He didn't touch Drake. There was no intent to injure. Freeze was justified to suspend him for a half and he did. That's it, end of story. Bama fans are calling him dirty and saying that Ole Miss is dirty, blah, blah. All I have to say is:

Some Random Dude
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Hilton moving over for the first half. I assume Coleman will play at corner. May see Derrick Jones play a few snaps too
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

olemissreb10 wrote:Hilton moving over for the first half. I assume Coleman will play at corner. May see Derrick Jones play a few snaps too
Don't forget Kendarious Webster, who has been having a good year. He has size and athletic ability. Between his skill set and Coleman's experience, I think that we will be ok.
olemissreb10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

JustBlues wrote:
olemissreb10 wrote:Hilton moving over for the first half. I assume Coleman will play at corner. May see Derrick Jones play a few snaps too
Don't forget Kendarious Webster, who has been having a good year. He has size and athletic ability. Between his skill set and Coleman's experience, I think that we will be ok.
How could I forget Webster. The frosh is ready making a name for himself. We are in good position at corner for a long time