State

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

we may hate them but give credit where credit is due they very well may be the best team in the country. They've played a sloppy half but they are still up by 15 on a very good Auburn team. We need to follow this with a strong showing tonight.
texasrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

State has got this game. Auburn is toast.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

As much as I hate to see it, wouldn't surprise me one bit if state is ranked #1 tomorrow. Wow, can't believe I just said that...
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I couldn't care less what mstate is ranked tomorrow. All i care is that ole miss wins. Mstate's ranking doesn't impact me in the least.
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

State is playing the best ball in the country at this point in the season. With that said I really don't care how many they win as long as they lose the last one on the schedule.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

JustBlues wrote:I couldn't care less what mstate is ranked tomorrow. All i care is that ole miss wins. Mstate's ranking doesn't impact me in the least.
Yea I understand but just never wanted them to reach that...EVER, no matter what part of the season...
GeorgiaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

WildRebel wrote:
JustBlues wrote:I couldn't care less what mstate is ranked tomorrow. All i care is that ole miss wins. Mstate's ranking doesn't impact me in the least.
Yea I understand but just never wanted them to reach that...EVER, no matter what part of the season...

Guys the bigger picture is with all the press the state of Mississippi is getting it hugely helps both schools recruiting. Without both schools being on top of the polls the story isnt as huge as it is nation wide. I love Mississippi and will retire there but I've been out of Ms for 25 years and see what a joke the state is to the rest of the country (undeservedly so). With this huge story dominating the airwaves I'm sure we are getting noticed by some 5 stars that would not have given the state of Mississippi a second thought. The rest of the country is convinced something magical is happening in Mississippi. So I don't care what you guys think........GO STATE.....until the Egg Bowl then crash and burn
Last edited by GeorgiaREB on Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

I accept all positives for the state of Mississippi football be it Ole Miss or MSU.
RednBluerebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

I was at in laws watching the State v Awbarn game when the end came they were saying " Hey we have class not tearing down the goalposts". Haha at least Freeze wasn't bawling in tears at the end of our games!
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Tearing down the goalposts was the result of ten years of frustration versus 'Bama. Including a few games we could have won but didn't. I do think that the way to celebrate a big win is to stay in the stands and yell as long as you want--but stay off the field. There is a safety issue.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I hope Msu stays #1 till we play. It plays into our hand
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

cacreb2000 wrote:State is playing the best ball in the country at this point in the season. With that said I really don't care how many they win as long as they lose the last one on the schedule.

LSU ATM and Auburn all *beep* the bed early and could not recover. I think we will have a better record going into the egg bowl.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I don't care how much publicity they're helping to bring the state, I want them to lose every game. I don't want a scenario where both teams are undefeated going into the egg bowl because of the chance that they could beat us to make it to Atlanta. I want them to have two losses and us have none.
GeorgiaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

jrebel87 wrote:I don't care how much publicity they're helping to bring the state, I want them to lose every game. I don't want a scenario where both teams are undefeated going into the egg bowl because of the chance that they could beat us to make it to Atlanta. I want them to have two losses and us have none.

Small minds.... State is what State is which is a pretty good football team, We are a pretty good football team. How in the heck does State's record have ant effect on the EGG Bowl????? IF they have 2 loses and we have none that doesnt mean a thing as to the outcome of the Egg Bowl. You need to pull your head out of your butt
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

GeorgiaREB wrote:
jrebel87 wrote:I don't care how much publicity they're helping to bring the state, I want them to lose every game. I don't want a scenario where both teams are undefeated going into the egg bowl because of the chance that they could beat us to make it to Atlanta. I want them to have two losses and us have none.

Small minds.... State is what State is which is a pretty good football team, We are a pretty good football team. How in the heck does State's record have ant effect on the EGG Bowl????? IF they have 2 loses and we have none that doesnt mean a thing as to the outcome of the Egg Bowl. You need to pull your head out of your butt
I think he was just saying if they have 2 losses and we have none then we win the West no matter what. However, I don't see 2 losses on their schedule before the Egg Bowl, unless Dak gets hurt.