State

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

rebelbear wrote:
GeorgiaREB wrote:
jrebel87 wrote:I don't care how much publicity they're helping to bring the state, I want them to lose every game. I don't want a scenario where both teams are undefeated going into the egg bowl because of the chance that they could beat us to make it to Atlanta. I want them to have two losses and us have none.

Small minds.... State is what State is which is a pretty good football team, We are a pretty good football team. How in the heck does State's record have ant effect on the EGG Bowl????? IF they have 2 loses and we have none that doesnt mean a thing as to the outcome of the Egg Bowl. You need to pull your head out of your butt
I think he was just saying if they have 2 losses and we have none then we win the West no matter what. However, I don't see 2 losses on their schedule before the Egg Bowl, unless Dak gets hurt.

MSU at Tuscaloosa will be a test....
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

I wanted Auburn to win that game. Only for the fact that Auburn has a harder schedule. I want to avoid a heartbreak going into the egg bowl with a do or die game to Atlanta. But be it as it may. That's what it will be it seems. Unless arky can pull off a big win. As well if alabama stops sobbing to 2 seconds and tries again. Alabama loses one game and then they quit. Look at the sugar bowl last year.. it's NC or bust... they quit. But hopefully Saban gets going again and takes them down. Well regardless we got a bunch of tough games ahead of us as well. It will be a very scary game via the egg bowl. HOTTY TODDY
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

Just as some on here want MSU to lose, there are just as many if not more MSU fans who want Ole Miss to lose. I know personally my wife's aunt and uncle who desperately HATE Ole Miss while cheering for MSU.

I don't understand such high intensity hatred of a school. Yes, I dislike MSU but whether they win or lose any game EXCEPT the Egg Bowl does not really matter to me.

In fact, I would very much like MSU to be #1 when we beat them and we will beat them.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Bama will be ready for them. Wait and see. They lost to us. State will get their wrath being a MS school.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

No way they beat Bama and their home-town officials in T-town!
GtownRebel
All American
All American

They have to beat the officials first and then Bama. Being in T-town, that will be extremely hard to do.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

state WILL lose at bama and at us.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

What happens in the hypothetical situation if state loses to bama but beats us and we all end up with one loss in the SEC? Who gets the tie breaker?
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:What happens in the hypothetical situation if state loses to bama but beats us and we all end up with one loss in the SEC? Who gets the tie breaker?
it would likely go down to tie-breaker number 7:

"7.Best cumulative Conference winning percentage of non-divisional opponents (Note: If two teams' non-divisional opponents have the same cumulative record, then the two-team tiebreaker procedures apply. If four teams are tied, and three teams' non-divisional opponents have the same cumulative record, the three-team tiebreaker procedures will be used beginning with #1"

With the way Vandy and Tennessee are playing, we would likely be out. With Kentucky's fast start, there would be a very good chance that State would have the upper hand in your scenario because State's cross-divisional wins would be a little better than ours or Alabama's.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

We need to stay out of three-way ties. Sometimes, someone gets the tie-breaker on something that has no relationship to what's been done on the field. I remember that the old Big Ten had a rule that if there was a tie between two or more teams at the top, the one that had not been to the Rose Bowl most recently got to go. The Big Ten is so full of itself.

My dream season is: we go to Atlanta. We win the SEC. We go to the Playoffs. Our semi-final is in the Rose Bowl. Win or not, that's a lot of accomplishment and a lot of monkeys off our back.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:We need to stay out of three-way ties. Sometimes, someone gets the tie-breaker on something that has no relationship to what's been done on the field. I remember that the old Big Ten had a rule that if there was a tie between two or more teams at the top, the one that had not been to the Rose Bowl most recently got to go. The Big Ten is so full of itself.

My dream season is: we go to Atlanta. We win the SEC. We go to the Playoffs. Our semi-final is in the Rose Bowl. Win or not, that's a lot of accomplishment and a lot of monkeys off our back.
if we go undefeated and win the SEC, we will be the number one seed in the playoffs and will play in New Orleans, not Pasadena.