Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

That schedule looks reallllly good for us. I like it.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

It's a good schedule. I could have wished for an open date sooner, since we have to play ten in a row. But, we do have a couple of games in there like Vandy and New Mexico State that should allow us to give our backups plenty of reps and rest our starters. I do think Muschamp will be fired and that Florida will have a new coach. No matter who he is, we will still have the advantage of an established regime versus the Gators having a new system to install. And, we have had the upper hand with the Gators for a couple of decades, leading the series 12-10-1, including three of the last four and a win over Tebow and their National Championship team.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hmmmm.....that schedule could be deceivingly tough. We have both Alabama schools on the road, no bye until the 11th week of the season and LSUX the week before State. Next year will be nowhere as friendly as this year. With the bye week rolling around that late, the key will be staying injury free through the SEC grind, it will be paramount in our non-SEC games to get up big early and rest guys the second half.

Speaking of LSUX, I guess keeping the LSU game on Halloween or the week of is not a priority for the SEC. Sad....
Randy
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Not having a bye week until right before game 11 is a killer. No-one should have to play 10 straight games. This schedule sucks.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The bye week is awful, and I dont like having to play LSU the week before State.. Two biggest rivalry games of the year, back to back..
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Yeah having to play ten weeks in a row is probably going to decimate our depth .
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

On the positive side though, the schedule is quite a bit back loaded, that should help with breaking in a new QB. But it does kind of suck that his first road game will be against Bama.
Randy
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Folks, I just checked the 2015 schedule of all 14 teams. Some of them have a 6-6 split with the bye right in the middle. Others have a 5-7 or 7-5 split. A couple have eight in a row--including LSU. Only Ole Miss has ten in a row. Make of it what you will. BTW, among those with the perfect 6-6 split is Auburn. State has a 5-7.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Titles 'R Us wrote:Folks, I just checked the 2015 schedule of all 14 teams. Some of them have a 6-6 split with the bye right in the middle. Others have a 5-7 or 7-5 split. A couple have eight in a row--including LSU. Only Ole Miss has ten in a row. Make of it what you will. BTW, among those with the perfect 6-6 split is Auburn. State has a 5-7.
Surely not done on purpose..
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

If Slive had anything to do with it, I'm glad he's retiring.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:Not having a bye week until right before game 11 is a killer. No-one should have to play 10 straight games. This schedule sucks.
I agree! Anyone know why that Is?
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

proud2breb wrote:
jrebel87 wrote:Not having a bye week until right before game 11 is a killer. No-one should have to play 10 straight games. This schedule sucks.
I agree! Anyone know why that Is?
Who knows.....but we are the only SEC team to have a bye in November. The rest of the SEC byes fall between Oct 10 and Oct 31st. Strange to say the least
Randy
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Ole Miss has ten in a row. LSU and 'Bama have eight in a row. All the others have 6-6, 5-7 or 7-5 splits. One solution might be to contact Ross Bjork after the season is over and ask him to talk to one of our OOC AD's (New Mexico State, Memphis State) about possibly moving their game with us to August 29th--the week before our scheduled opener with UT-Martin. That would break up the ten in a row.