One For The Little Guys

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

spudhog
3rd String
3rd String

Dear Rebs,

I haven't gotten to post much on here lately but feel it is necessary today. First, couldn't be happier for your entire state. What an amazing story it has been so far. The Best Part of it all, it's not an accident/fluke. OM/MSU have been the better teams in their matchups to date.

Second, it really shows that even "the little" people in the SEC can win big now. It is a new Era of SEC Football. Alabama doesn't reign, Florida is irrelevant and LSU is down. I believe OM, ARK and MSU are on a similar plane as far as their overall programs. No, not where each is at now but compared to money/recruiting resources and etc. None of those jobs are the "top jobs" in CFB. As much as we love our schools, The Bama's, Texas', OU's and etc will always be more attractive over time. But for now, OM/MSU are in a great spot.

Third, if I could offer a bit of advice, it would be to enjoy the ride. Embrace the pressure, the attention and intensity of each game now. ARK had a similar ride in 2006 and you just have to enjoy it all. Seems as though each of you are. Don't get caught up in the disappointments, should've/could've/would've. Embrace the moment, celebrate this team and find it in your hearts to be passively pleased that your rival is in a similar boat. After all, beating them in a few weeks would be awesome if both were undefeated would it not???

Last, I know Bobby Petrino is a scumbag. But, in 2010 he made one of the greatest speeches before the Hogs Played Bama (Game we led 20-7 but wound up losing). He read the team the story of David/Goliath. Most thought that he was going to tell the club that they were David, they could slay the Giant and with some luck/God's help get past the bigger/apparent better opponent, Instead, he told his team that day that they were indeed no longer David, but they were Goliath! That they were big/powerful just like their Opponent. In a non-arrogant/cocky way, OM is now Goliath. That means you walk tall, confidently and business like. OM, BE GOLIATH! Beat the p**** out of the SEC and give us "little programs" hope that one day, we can too be Goliath.

I hope my Hogs sweep the Miss Schools here in a few weeks. Till then, I will quietly root for one of the greatest stories in CFB's recent memory. Keep Believing, Keep Embracing and Walk Tall. Hotty Toddy!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

spudhog wrote:Dear Rebs,

I haven't gotten to post much on here lately but feel it is necessary today. First, couldn't be happier for your entire state. What an amazing story it has been so far. The Best Part of it all, it's not an accident/fluke. OM/MSU have been the better teams in their matchups to date.

Second, it really shows that even "the little" people in the SEC can win big now. It is a new Era of SEC Football. Alabama doesn't reign, Florida is irrelevant and LSU is down. I believe OM, ARK and MSU are on a similar plane as far as their overall programs. No, not where each is at now but compared to money/recruiting resources and etc. None of those jobs are the "top jobs" in CFB. As much as we love our schools, The Bama's, Texas', OU's and etc will always be more attractive over time. But for now, OM/MSU are in a great spot.

Third, if I could offer a bit of advice, it would be to enjoy the ride. Embrace the pressure, the attention and intensity of each game now. ARK had a similar ride in 2006 and you just have to enjoy it all. Seems as though each of you are. Don't get caught up in the disappointments, should've/could've/would've. Embrace the moment, celebrate this team and find it in your hearts to be passively pleased that your rival is in a similar boat. After all, beating them in a few weeks would be awesome if both were undefeated would it not???

Last, I know Bobby Petrino is a scumbag. But, in 2010 he made one of the greatest speeches before the Hogs Played Bama (Game we led 20-7 but wound up losing). He read the team the story of David/Goliath. Most thought that he was going to tell the club that they were David, they could slay the Giant and with some luck/God's help get past the bigger/apparent better opponent, Instead, he told his team that day that they were indeed no longer David, but they were Goliath! That they were big/powerful just like their Opponent. In a non-arrogant/cocky way, OM is now Goliath. That means you walk tall, confidently and business like. OM, BE GOLIATH! Beat the p**** out of the SEC and give us "little programs" hope that one day, we can too be Goliath.

I hope my Hogs sweep the Miss Schools here in a few weeks. Till then, I will quietly root for one of the greatest stories in CFB's recent memory. Keep Believing, Keep Embracing and Walk Tall. Hotty Toddy!

Nice post!
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Good Post Spud.....
Randy
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

Spud you're always down the middle. Great post.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!