Baton Rouge horror stories: tell them here!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

If you've been to tiger stadium then you most likely have a horror story or two from the experience. We had balloons full of pee thrown at us when we went in 2008. What say you? What is your worst/best experience in that dump?
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:If you've been to tiger stadium then you most likely have a horror story or two from the experience. We had balloons full of pee thrown at us when we went in 2008. What say you? What is your worst/best experience in that dump?
No balloons here, but almost got *beep* on sitting in the student section. Some dude *beep* off of the upper level. Didn't get us, but was close enough to smell and move.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Here's a funny story, at least it was at the time. Think it was the fall of '74. Was at the game, they had us sitting in the coffin corner. Back then we still had the flags, and one Reb had a flag on a long metal pole. The pole was long enough where it reached the next level of seats where Cajuns where located. One Cajun from the next level yanked the flag off the pole while the Reb was waving it. The Cajun then leaned over the railing, shaking the flag, making fun of the Rebs in our section. The Reb with the pole hit the Cajun on the head with the pole as he was leaning over teasing us. The entire Rebel section roared when the Cajun was hit. We got shut out that night, think it was something like 24-0. On the way back to the car, some Cajuns pulled up beside us yelling go to hell. I told my friend that was with me to shut up and not say a word. I wanted to live another day.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Back about 200 years ago I was at a game in BR and we had just taken a shellacking to the tune of 45-0 or some such and we were walking out of the stadium seating and on the concorse inside the the stadium (as opposed to outside the stadium) we were walking parallel to the rows and a few rows up there was a grandfatherly OM fan standing there with his blue blazer and col reb tie and trying his best to look regal in the loss, and as we were walking along a drunk LSU college age kid was looking around and being obnoxious as he could possibly be and screaming at the top of his lungs "GO to Hell OM" over and over, ad infinitum and as the college kid passed by the OM grandad he paused for a moment and looked up at the grandad and screamed at him "GO to hell OM" and the grandfatherly old man just looked at him in disgust and screamed back..."WE are already in Hell, you SOB"... it was just he perfect instant to remember forever.
Later,
Hagar
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

It was pouring rain in upper deck, I had enjoyed a few gumbos and beverages, and felt like I was going to fall down the stairs and head dive into them below... That upper deck felt like a death trap. That is the only night game I have gone to at LSU, and therefore no items thrown at me. All others were day games.

At a day game once I sat amongst the natives on the 40 yard line, and no one did anything or say anything to me. Actually completely cordial and nice to me, but I stand 6'4 260 lbs so I don't get to much slack from idiots unless they are under 5'8 and then I just ignore them.

I have however seen an older woman have to leave the game with a bloody face because some idiot threw a beer bottle into our seats, but that was when I was younger, but it happened at a day game.

Outside the stadium walking to and from are the only times I have had any issues, but I always made sure I was with friends who were LSU fans or with LSU friends, and most of all I know better than to be a click at their place.

College I have a great story, but I'm not telling it but I will say LSU women are very fun and hard to beat for a long weekend roadtrip.
loophole54
Water Boy
Water Boy

I was at the 1972 Ole Miss LSU game that LSU "won" 17-16, after the officials gave them an extra play at the end of the game. I was in the Ole Miss student section which was (of course) in the end zone. The LSU student section was directly above us, giving them the perfect chance to throw things at us. It was night and the LSU students were lubricated and rowdy. Someone dropped a flaming sheet on me and my date, which I had to stomp out.

After the extra play, it was a powder keg, with fights breaking out at the slightest provocation. I took my sweetie and got out of there!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

loophole54 wrote:I was at the 1972 Ole Miss LSU game that LSU "won" 17-16, after the officials gave them an extra play at the end of the game. I was in the Ole Miss student section which was (of course) in the end zone. The LSU student section was directly above us, giving them the perfect chance to throw things at us. It was night and the LSU students were lubricated and rowdy. Someone dropped a flaming sheet on me and my date, which I had to stomp out.

After the extra play, it was a powder keg, with fights breaking out at the slightest provocation. I took my sweetie and got out of there!
That game really *beep* me off. I was only a jr. in high school, but for the next 2 weeks I was sick to my stomach. Didn't even help any after we beat state. Just wasn't fair.......
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Both times I have been to Tiger Stadium, my seats were three rows from the top with the rest of the UM fans...so I guess I should have been happy that NO Lsu fans were near us. The only issue we had was profanity from the LSU fans as we entered and left the stadium.
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

they used to love to smash car windows but I have not been there in a long time
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

November 18, 2006! I made the long drive with my dad and brothers despite the fact we were nearly 30 point underdogs! I was prepared for the worst based on the horrid stories I had heard. Surprisingly, nothing bad happened from LSU fans except name calling and screaming obscenities. I couldn't believe how we started. Ole Miss had a 20-7 lead in the 4th quarter... and them "bad Ed" took over coaching. We decided to sit on a 13 point lead on the road against the #3 team in the nation. After several 3-and-outs, LSU had gotten within 6 points and took over with just over 2 minutes left. LSU drove quickly and got first and goal at about the 5 yard line. We held them to 4th and goal after 3 incomplete passes, And we rebel fans could already taste the upset! On 4th and goal, they got a TD and my brothers started heading for the exit before the extra point attempt. My dad and I started to follow them, but waited by the exit to watch the "winning" extra point.

When we blocked the extra point, I ran like heck to catch up with my brothers and drug them back to their seats for overtime. Then we collapsed in overtime fumbling on our possession so all LSU had to do was kick a freaking FG to beat us. It was a heartbreaker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

fenderman wrote:they used to love to smash car windows but I have not been there in a long time
I've had that happen to me twice.
fletch711
Water Boy
Water Boy

Even when winning, the stadium is the worst part about that trip. No urine balloons (that I know of), but I have picked gum from the back of my shirt, had young knuckle heads yell at me to sit down on big plays.

Someone mentioned the 2006 game. On the way back to our cars from that game, I had one knuckle head get in my face. I ignored it, but my wife shouted back to him about being a bad fan. Now the funny part is this particular idiot was willing to yell at my wife, an LSU alum. So then I was in it and most likely in for a getting my own rear kicked. Luckily my brother-in-law stands about 6' 4" and is a " large fella". I thought I scared them away myself until I turned around and saw him behind me.

I always enjoy the tailgate, but somehow their fans digress rapidly with booze and forget that it's a game and that there are families present. I have never seen anyone treat visiting fans like they do, but I'll never do it and I'll correct anyone doing it in Oxford.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

The year Eli was a senior, the LSU game was in Oxford, of course it was televised and I think it was a 600pm start. I arrived with my brother at our "spot" around 630am. Directly behind our spot were >30 LSwhooo fans already set up, tent, TV etc..We got set up and chatted them up a bit and learned that No one in this group had a ticket to the game and had no plans for purchasing tix prior to the game...they said they just wanted to BE there...As the day wore on, they became louder and more obnoxious....
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:The year Eli was a senior, the LSU game was in Oxford, of course it was televised and I think it was a 600pm start. I arrived with my brother at our "spot" around 630am. Directly behind our spot were >30 LSwhooo fans already set up, tent, TV etc..We got set up and chatted them up a bit and learned that No one in this group had a ticket to the game and had no plans for purchasing tix prior to the game...they said they just wanted to BE there...As the day wore on, they became louder and more obnoxious....
After that game in 2003, me and my wife were walking back to our car when 4-5 drunk LSU students were walking the opposite way yell GTHOM. That *beep* me off so I walked right into one of them knocking him down. I then turned around waiting to see what the others were going to do. One started yelling about me knocking one of them down. Then my wife stepped in and got me out of there. If she hadn't done that, I would've gotten my butt beat. I told her some of our students or fans would probably shut those drunk corn dogs up, since they continued walking the wrong way yelling GTHOM.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

rebeljim wrote:
1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:The year Eli was a senior, the LSU game was in Oxford, of course it was televised and I think it was a 600pm start. I arrived with my brother at our "spot" around 630am. Directly behind our spot were >30 LSwhooo fans already set up, tent, TV etc..We got set up and chatted them up a bit and learned that No one in this group had a ticket to the game and had no plans for purchasing tix prior to the game...they said they just wanted to BE there...As the day wore on, they became louder and more obnoxious....
After that game in 2003, me and my wife were walking back to our car when 4-5 drunk LSU students were walking the opposite way yell GTHOM. That *beep* me off so I walked right into one of them knocking him down. I then turned around waiting to see what the others were going to do. One started yelling about me knocking one of them down. Then my wife stepped in and got me out of there. If she hadn't done that, I would've gotten my butt beat. I told her some of our students or fans would probably shut those drunk corn dogs up, since they continued walking the wrong way yelling GTHOM.
speaking of corn dogs......
Attachments
trap.jpg
trap.jpg (20.92 KiB) Viewed 4889 times
trap.jpg
trap.jpg (20.92 KiB) Viewed 4889 times