Freeze apologizes to Butch Jones for late Touchdown... WTF!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Once heard a well-renowned high school football coach, when questioned by the opposing coach related to running the score up, say, "Coach, it's not my job to keep my team from scoring...it's your job." Freeze didn't call a pass play...a basic run that Tennessee failed to defend. No harm, no foul.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It's not running the score up when you go to a basic running play with second and third string players in the game. It is quite the opposite. Oddly, I saw an LSU fan on Saturday Down South heavily criticizing Ole Miss for that play. In the Kentucky game, with 1:10 left on the clock, first and ten and a 41-3 scoreline, LSU handed the ball off to Hilliard with all the starters still in the game. It didn't score, but it really makes it hard to criticze another team who go to the line with 1:02 left on the clock and a 27-3 scoreline handing the ball to their number four running back with a bunch of reserves in the game when any knowledgable coach and player would know that a running play was coming up.
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

Face it folks----Ole Miss is not supposed to be winning this many games! Ole Miss has been like a doormat for many years past for several teams such as Alabama as well as Tennessee, see records for past 10-14 years.

Ole Miss is kicking rear this year and they don't like it. Let them whine! :P
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

beastbutler65 wrote:Face it folks----Ole Miss is not supposed to be winning this many games! Ole Miss has been like a doormat for many years past for several teams such as Alabama as well as Tennessee, see records for past 10-14 years.

Ole Miss is kicking rear this year and they don't like it. Let them whine! :P

Get them some cheese to go with it!!!
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
Rebel4life22
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I love that we scored and hate CHF apologized but that's the type of man he is.

I can't stand UT and so glad it ended like it did.

Took out some frustration after all the years of them kicking our teeth in.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:I know where Freeze was coming from, but an apology like that can also be a slap in the face. "Sorry, you suck so much we couldn't help but score." "Sorry, I ran the most basic play figuring you guys would tackle him, but you suck so you didn't".

I know those weren't Freeze's intentions. Don't apologize, just shake his hand. If Jones took issue with it, then that's his problem.
That's basically my point... That he apologized for a non-issue. I think the apology will be a means to "fuel the fire" next time we play them. If he just shook hands, it would have been never be brought back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rebel44
Water Boy
Water Boy

proud2breb wrote:
Goroth wrote:Not worried about the points with 30 secs left when it is tennessee. If it were 2 or 3 other teams. Than add it up.

But all that did was allow TN a chance to get back to 0 yards rushing for the game. Liked that negative rushing a lot more than 7 more points.

Plus the extra added risk of injurys.
Ok, but why appologize! Grow a set, Hugh!
Why are you insulting our coach? I really don't appreciate it at all.
This is a message board and people have different opinions and ways of stating them. Respect that.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

I talked to a buddy of mine at work who is a big UT fan. I said HF had apologized to Jones for the last score and my buddy's reply was, "If you can't stop it, then they deserved to score. I think they quit that late in the game." So even a fan for UT understands we had our backup backups in and they still couldn't stop us. i see no problem in what HF did. It was a professional jesture he made. Jones won't be around long with his coaching tactics either. I doubt we see him unless it is for the SEC title in Atlanta, which I doubt they make anytime soon.
beastbutler65
Scout Team
Scout Team

Rebel44 wrote:
proud2breb wrote:
Goroth wrote:Not worried about the points with 30 secs left when it is tennessee. If it were 2 or 3 other teams. Than add it up.

But all that did was allow TN a chance to get back to 0 yards rushing for the game. Liked that negative rushing a lot more than 7 more points.

Plus the extra added risk of injurys.
So? Grow a pair and let the comment roll off your skin. This is an opinion board. I do not agree with all opinions either. If you choose to be insulted, fine, so be it. The sun will still come up tomorrow.

Next?
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Since I made the comment that offended Rebel44, let me clarify:

1. I'm glad Hugh Freeze is our coach!
2. It was sarcasm! I'm pretty sure Freeze has testicles... Exhibit A: his kids
3. UT didn't think we were running up the score. Anyone could see that, making that apology unnecessary.

No hard feelings?

Rebel44
Water Boy
Water Boy

proud2breb wrote:Since I made the comment that offended Rebel44, let me clarify:

1. I'm glad Hugh Freeze is our coach!
2. It was sarcasm! I'm pretty sure Freeze has testicles... Exhibit A: his kids
3. UT didn't think we were running up the score. Anyone could see that, making that apology unnecessary.

No hard feelings?

Backpedal much? I wasn't "offended". I just don't appreciate what was an obvious insult to our coach on an Ole Miss message board. We're 7-0 and you have the nerve to question the manhood of our coach just because he chooses to apologize to a fellow SEC head coach for a late touchdown? Grow up.
This is a message board and people have different opinions and ways of stating them. Respect that.
Rebel44
Water Boy
Water Boy

beastbutler65 wrote:
Rebel44 wrote:
proud2breb wrote:
So? Grow a pair and let the comment roll off your skin. This is an opinion board. I do not agree with all opinions either. If you choose to be insulted, fine, so be it. The sun will still come up tomorrow.

Next?
Insults and "opinions" are NOT the same thing. I'm surprised no one else here called you out. Since no one else here would, somebody had to do it.

Grow up.
cajunrebel

Rebel44 wrote:Insults and "opinions" are NOT the same thing. I'm surprised no one else here called you out. Since no one else here would, somebody had to do it.

Grow up.
Rebel44,

Quit telling people to grow up. This is a message board and people have different opinions and ways of stating them. Respect that.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
Rebel44
Water Boy
Water Boy

cajunrebel wrote:
Rebel44 wrote:Insults and "opinions" are NOT the same thing. I'm surprised no one else here called you out. Since no one else here would, somebody had to do it.

Grow up.
Rebel44,

Quit telling people to grow up. This is a message board and people have different opinions and ways of stating them. Respect that.
I don't respect someone who insults our HC then tries to backpedal by calling it an "opinion". He deserves to be called out and corrected. And from the looks of his posting history, he DOES need to grow up. And that's MY "opinion"...and you should "respect that" (YOUR words).
cajunrebel

Rebel44 wrote:
cajunrebel wrote:

Grow up.
Rebel44,

I don't respect someone who insults our HC then tries to backpedal by calling it an "opinion". He deserves to be called out and corrected. And from the looks of his posting history, he DOES need to grow up. And that's MY "opinion"...and you should "respect that" (YOUR words).
Glad that you feel it is your job to call people out and correct them. We all bow down to you and the respect that you dole out. We also need your approval and appreciate that you care about us so much that you need to guide us through life by telling us to grow up. We are much better for having you on this board and in our lives.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here